Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2007, 23:19   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: Hyndburn lovely...Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I disagree.. London is far more interragated .. I mean we understand each other more than you would get in Lancashire.. we have "learned" to live with each other... my problem with Accrington would be the idea of having a west indian family living next door to them .. AWW the shame!.. get real Accy
Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on our experiences in the big smoke. For me London was a less racially tolerant place than Hyndburn, parts of which you took your life in your hands if you made eye contact with someone who thought you shouldn't be in their Manor.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2007, 23:20   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Who said you were crying?

Abusive or offensive karma comments can always be reported to the mods.

By the way, my train passed your coach, when I was moving to London, just outside Hemel Hempstead. I'd have thought I was rich if I'd have had a fiver in my pocket. All I had was a sunny personality, and a dream in my heart.
Hemel Hemstead? I wish.. I ended up in new cross!. Qeens road and got a "bed token" from the dhss.. but fair enough bruv .. hard times
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 23:22   #48
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Hemel Hemstead? I wish.. I ended up in new cross!. Qeens road and got a "bed token" from the dhss.. but fair enough bruv .. hard times
It's nice to meet a Tory boy like you, who followed Tebbit's advice.

Coach/bike, whatever.

Jolly well done you.

Old 20-04-2007, 23:25   #49
God Member

Got to say I'm dissapionted .. no support from the local Accy webbers about my sob story.. but it just shows the racism that is an intergoral behind closed doors involvement of this web site
Old 20-04-2007, 23:29   #50
God Member

Strange thing about Hemstead garinda.. shop up the "high street" that sold amazing spud pies!
Old 20-04-2007, 23:31   #51
God Member

In the 1940's a west Indian doctor lived on Hornby St. He was a rare sight, maybe the only negro in town. I never heard any racist comment about him. Come to think of it I dont recollect any racism heard against negroes who have come since him perhaps it's because they arent very numerous. There are some people who resent the large influx of asians which started when Idi Amin drove them out of Uganda. They really were coming in droves!!. At that time I was a social security visiting officer in Blackburn and spent 6 months putting no-one else but them 'on the books'. It did really seem like invasion and was bound to cause resentment. Vietnam refugees and Hungarian refugees - I've visited them all. It has been when they have arrived in volume that there has been some racism/resentment

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 23:33   #52
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Got to say I'm dissapionted .. no support from the local Accy webbers about my sob story.. but it just shows the racism that is an intergoral behind closed doors involvement of this web site
Rubbish, there are Afro-Caribean people in Hyndburn, just not many. There are large black communities in Preston and Manchester. Historically the people who came to Hyndburn came to work in the mills here, many of whom had experience working in the textile industry.

Are we racist because there isn't a large Jewish community here?

Old 20-04-2007, 23:34   #53
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Just looked at your profile picture - sure I've seen you somewhere before - dating website?
You may well have Margaret Rothwell, but not on any web site. You might have baby sat me though.........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 23:38   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
You may well have Margaret Rothwell, but not on any web site. You might have baby sat me though.........
LOL -cheeky

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 23:42   #55
God Member

Now that is a very true comment margaret... so.. is the racism now pent up towards the asian,muslim population?.. I think so.. but the Accringtions in there flight of fancy viking posture seem to think everyone not of the same color as your local cheap cider drinking dole boy.. must be of an "non despcript" breed.. makes me laugh when you see some ill bred ,braindead. nucklehead numchuck shouting the odds at NP rallies
Old 20-04-2007, 23:44   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
think yer way off beam with this one mancie one of me best mates has a west indian missus n we love her to bits,
Old 20-04-2007, 23:45   #57
Member.

Racism might well be alive in Accrington but I don’t think I’ve seen it on Accyweb. There are those who might have an opinion in respect of those from other parts of the world who come over and complain about rights and the like, but having an opinion isn’t necessarily being racist. Play fair and abide by the law and I don’t care what colour or culture you come from. Further more, white, black, Brown or any other colour you'll be welcome at my table as long as your not a frog.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-04-2007, 23:47   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Rubbish, there are Afro-Caribean people in Hyndburn, just not many. There are large black communities in Preston and Manchester. Historically the people who came to Hyndburn came to work in the mills here, many of whom had experience working in the textile industry.

Are we racist because there isn't a large Jewish community here?
Afro carribean people in Accrigton?... cor blimey have you got thier phone numbers?.. bull****.. were did you spot em?
Old 20-04-2007, 23:49   #59
Member.

Quote:
Afro carribean people in Accrigton?... cor blimey have you got thier phone numbers?.. bull****.. were did you spot em?

Arndale last Saturday.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-04-2007, 23:50   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
think yer way off beam with this one mancie one of me best mates has a west indian missus n we love her to bits,
Nice one Cashy.. at the end of the day reasonable bods like yerself give blokes hope.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..