Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Do you think Hyndburn should be called Accrington and District?
Yes 8 47.06%
No 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2008, 20:34   #931
Resting in Peace

Re: Hyndburn to be axed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Talkng of numb skulls, I think you are an expert you've been one all your life D***Head
Seems to me Jaysay, that the only D***Head around here is your goodself.
Cllr. Jones, to me, appears to be a genuine fella' and courageous enough to express his thoughts to a wide audience here on Accyweb on matters that affect us all in Hyndburn. OK .. you appear to be up the Tory Blue arse .. but please come back with something more constructive than just common insults.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2008, 20:37   #932
Senior Member+

Think you could fall foul of forum rules there too Jaysay, personal insults etc.
Old 17-03-2008, 21:39   #933
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Think you could fall foul of forum rules there too Jaysay, personal insults etc.
Blimey, there'd be nobody left on here if making personal insults got you banned.
Old 17-03-2008, 22:27   #934
Senior Member+

" posts that are insulting or nasty are not allowed on this website"
I'd say it falls into both categories.
Old 17-03-2008, 22:35   #935
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
" posts that are insulting or nasty are not allowed on this website"
I'd say it falls into both categories.
yer injurys turning ya into a nun linds.
Old 17-03-2008, 22:47   #936
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yer injurys turning ya into a nun linds.
Perhaps we should have a category in our Awards for the 'Best Red Herring' post ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 05:29   #937
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Seems to me Jaysay, that the only D***Head around here is your goodself.
Cllr. Jones, to me, appears to be a genuine fella' and courageous enough to express his thoughts to a wide audience here on Accyweb on matters that affect us all in Hyndburn. OK .. you appear to be up the Tory Blue arse .. but please come back with something more constructive than just common insults.
I don't wish to fall out with you katex, but as the story goes he started it, I only turn to name calling when some one else starts it, if you want proff just read through the "Silly Cow" thread. During this thread if I answere post by cllr Jones (to give him is Sunday name) I always used his first name, until he called me a pillock, (I however do not use the full word when replying but only the first and last letter with infills) then I'm sorry but all bets where off, I can be as nice as the next person on here and join in good clean banter, but I can also turn nasty like Jones can, when he stops I will. If you notice the only time he has anything to say on here is when he shows his pathological hatered for any Conservative, which as I've said before shows me he's just not wired up right. Maybe katex if you aked cllr Jones if he would like to come on here and set out Labours alternative Budget for the 2008/9 financial year it would be very enlightening, and at least do something constructive. Every one on this site has a right to say what they want within reason and I try to keep to those standards. I am quite aware there are people on here with differnt political views to my own, its a free world, and I'm prepared to debate with anyone, but cllr Jones tries to browbeat people, well Im sorry he aint going to brow beat me, this is when he loses is rag, and when that happens he's on a loser full stop. If cllr Jones stops the insults so will I, and if he is prepared to apologies so am I, I can't be much fairer than that katex. having said all that I still like you katex, not alot, but I still like you
Old 18-03-2008, 11:56   #938
God Member

The only numbskull on here is Councillor Jones. I don't know exactly how many years he has been elected to HBC, but he should certainly be aware by now of the rules pertaining to public expenditure within a financial year. The Labour government has had almost 11 years to change the rules and allow carry forward of any surplus cash but has failed to do so. On this occaision. I think Jaysay has been most refrained in his comments.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 14:07   #939

So when the dust is settled and the falllout is gone is this name change still going ahead or not? And if so, when?
Old 18-03-2008, 17:11   #940
Senior Member+

Quote:
I don't wish to fall out with you katex, but as the story goes he started it, I only turn to name calling when some one else starts it, if you want proff just read through the "Silly Cow" thread. During this thread if I answere post by cllr Jones (to give him is Sunday name) I always used his first name, until he called me a pillock, (I however do not use the full word when replying but only the first and last letter with infills) then I'm sorry but all bets where off, I can be as nice as the next person on here and join in good clean banter, but I can also turn nasty like Jones can, when he stops I will. If you notice the only time he has anything to say on here is when he shows his pathological hatered for any Conservative, which as I've said before shows me he's just not wired up right. Maybe katex if you aked cllr Jones if he would like to come on here and set out Labours alternative Budget for the 2008/9 financial year it would be very enlightening, and at least do something constructive. Every one on this site has a right to say what they want within reason and I try to keep to those standards. I am quite aware there are people on here with differnt political views to my own, its a free world, and I'm prepared to debate with anyone, but cllr Jones tries to browbeat people, well Im sorry he aint going to brow beat me, this is when he loses is rag, and when that happens he's on a loser full stop. If cllr Jones stops the insults so will I, and if he is prepared to apologies so am I, I can't be much fairer than that katex. having said all that I still like you katex, not alot, but I still like you
Grow up John.

My mother and my father in law are on your canvass sheets as solid Tory. I canvassed my mum last year and got a flea in my ear.

I don't recall calling you names but if I did it was heat of the moment and sorry. THE ONLY thing that matters is the public.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 17:13   #941
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
The only numbskull on here is Councillor Jones. I don't know exactly how many years he has been elected to HBC, but he should certainly be aware by now of the rules pertaining to public expenditure within a financial year. The Labour government has had almost 11 years to change the rules and allow carry forward of any surplus cash but has failed to do so. On this occaision. I think Jaysay has been most refrained in his comments.
That does not make it acceptable does it?
Old 18-03-2008, 17:33   #942
Senior Member+

I used to think all sorts of things mattered. I don't now. The only things that matters anymore in Hyndburn is some degree of truth and honesty.

Never in my whole life have I spoken about Car Parking charges or levying rubbish taxes, other than to comment on current affairs in private. It have never spoken about at Labour Councillor's meetings, nor privately between Councillors. And I am the leader I'd hope I would know what is and isn't being put forward...

How is it acceptable then at the last election that the Tories put out a banner screaming leaflet saying local Labour Councillors are to bring in Rubbish Taxes costing each family £300? Local Labour Councillors will introduce Car Parking Charges?

On the rubbish taxes. Two things first. Hyndburn's computer system, both on the bins and at invoicing can't communicate with each other, two different programs/systems.

The bins IT system is primitive and the flash readers defective. I investigated afterwards where this came from. Works tell me £1m to bring in a replacement system as the current one is old and not adaptable. The Government have just allowed 9 pilots to test rubbish taxes. We did not apply.

Too Jaysay;

I haven't met anyone who likes our local Tories. Nigel Evans MP was even slagging Clr Britcliffe off last month and the Tories at County Hall won't have anything to do with Clr Britcliffe and his clan.

Even Michael Welsh, Tory County Council Leader said in public in the full council that talking about Clr Bricliffe was giving oxygen to a loony.

It's not political Jaysay. All parties dislike our local Conservatives. THe sad thing is. Hyndburn's inability to work across the board means Hyndburn people lose out. A classic example is the Bus Station.

Last edited by g jones; 18-03-2008 at 17:37.
Old 18-03-2008, 17:45   #943
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I used to think all sorts of things mattered. I don't now. The only things that matters anymore in Hyndburn is some degree of truth and honesty.

Never in my whole life have I spoken about Car Parking charges or levying rubbish taxes, other than to comment on current affairs in private. It have never spoken about at Labour Councillor's meetings, nor privately between Councillors. And I am the leader I'd hope I would know what is and isn't being put forward...

How is it acceptable then at the last election that the Tories put out a banner screaming leaflet saying local Labour Councillors are to bring in Rubbish Taxes costing each family £300? Local Labour Councillors will introduce Car Parking Charges?

On the rubbish taxes. Two things first. Hyndburn's computer system, both on the bins and at invoicing can't communicate with each other, two different programs/systems.

The bins IT system is primitive and the flash readers defective. I investigated afterwards where this came from. Works tell me £1m to bring in a replacement system as the current one is old and not adaptable. The Government have just allowed 9 pilots to test rubbish taxes. We did not apply.

Too Jaysay;

I haven't met anyone who likes our local Tories. Nigel Evans MP was even slagging Clr Britcliffe off last month and the Tories at County Hall won't have anything to do with Clr Britcliffe and his clan.

Even Michael Welsh, Tory County Council Leader said in public in the full council that talking about Clr Bricliffe was giving oxygen to a loony.

It's not political Jaysay. All parties dislike our local Conservatives. THe sad thing is. Hyndburn's inability to work across the board means Hyndburn people lose out. A classic example is the Bus Station.
You want to hear what the public say about you, and by that I don't mean Tories, talking always has been cheap, and none cheaper than when said by you Graham

Last edited by jaysay; 18-03-2008 at 17:46. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 17:53   #944
Senior Member+

Quote:
You want to hear what the public say about you, and by that I don't mean Tories, talking always has been cheap, and none cheaper than when said by you Graham
I work my guts out so that's rubbish. Tonight there is a meeting in the Town Hall about the Remade Coppice Scheme, £1m. It took 4 years and a lot of effort by me, often all alone.

John, you can make your silly hateful statements, to me, Katex, anyone else. It say's more about you than me.
Old 18-03-2008, 18:03   #945
Senior Member+

Not a nun by any means Cashy, just don't think resorting to personal attacks solves anything.
What I and many others would like to see on here is a Conservative councillor or the esteemed Mr Britcliffe himself come on and voice their opinions; preferrably under their own names.! I may not always agree with Councillor Jones but at least he has the guts to come on and air his views. I applaud him for his honesty and the fact that he takes the time out to read our site and to post on it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..