Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Hyndburn Honey competition.
A harmless bit of fun. 24 51.06%
Degrades women. 3 6.38%
No opinion on the matter. 4 8.51%
Don't care, but where's the men? 16 34.04%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 20:43   #226
Caz
God Member

Re: Hyndburn's Honeys.

Mutton dressed as lamb at 27???

Quote:
Maybe the standards of the local men are just low. Either that or they thought it'd be a laugh to pick the ugliest
Have you not read some of the preceding posts blazey? Who bothers to vote unless they are urged to do so by a participant? Who's gonna bother paying for a stamp, or dropping a form off at the Obby office unless they have a connection? These things are just totally idiotic.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2008, 21:15   #227
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
Mutton dressed as lamb at 27???

Have you not read some of the preceding posts blazey? Who bothers to vote unless they are urged to do so by a participant? Who's gonna bother paying for a stamp, or dropping a form off at the Obby office unless they have a connection? These things are just totally idiotic.
Bright pink skin tight outfits are hardly the outfit of choice of a young mother. Not unless you are Katie Price and even she has grown up a bit now. I'm 19 and there isn't much chance you'd see me in something that hideously tacky though... so you're right, even the lambs wouldn't dress that badly.

I still reckon people would happily vote for a laugh. Cost of a stamp is about 35p, not too much more for an envelope. I'm sure these things are most popular with groups of men who spend a lot of time together, such as labourers and builders and such, or darts/football/cricket teams etc, so it wouldn't be difficult to ensure the ugliest mug won as long as enough men have the cruel sense of humor to do so.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 21:26   #228
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Bright pink skin tight outfits are hardly the outfit of choice of a young mother
Why not???
If you are posing for a piccy, or going out clubbing?

So what if she's a young mum. Aint she allowed to have fun?

That has nothing to do with recent sentiments on this thread!
You are seeing it from a 19 year old's point of view. I'm viewing it as a 55 year old who wishes she had the bod to wear it still lol!

Seems you are a bit old fashioned in your thinking Blazey.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 21:58   #229
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I'm sure these things are most popular with groups of men who spend a lot of time together, such as labourers and builders and such, or darts/football/cricket teams etc, so it wouldn't be difficult to ensure the ugliest mug won as long as enough men have the cruel sense of humor to do so.

I doubt if it would cross the minds of most of us, you can have a laugh at mingers for nowt
Old 11-10-2008, 02:03   #230
God Member

Yes I am admittedly VERY old fashioned in a lot of my thoughts, but that doesn't make me wrong or the current society correct.

I just think it was a waste of a competition as it wasn't really a case of the best looking girl winning. Perhaps best efforts. It is the taking part that counts after all.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:22   #231
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Just had a look at the woman who won in the Observer and I am quite shocked she won as she isn't particularly good looking at all, and the comments suggesting she isn't a barbie seem particularly odd as she wearing some pink lycra thing and has bleached blonde hair. To me that screams Barbie/Mutton dressed as lamb.

Maybe the standards of the local men are just low. Either that or they thought it'd be a laugh to pick the ugliest. Funnily enough I said the same thing to my mum when I was in the co-op, but I decided against the hard task of picking the most fake and tacky out of the bunch.

Ah I'm such a scrooge. Bah humbug.
Mutton dressed as lamb blazey, good god the lass was only 27
Old 11-10-2008, 10:36   #232
Resting in Peace

The only thing I find peculiar is that it was suggested she entered to boost her confidence and self-esteem after the breakdown of a relationship .
Would think you have to have this already to enter in the first place. As it happens she won, but could have had an adverse affect on her state of mind if very few votes.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 16:54   #233
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device

With that result i reckon i have a good chance in the upcoming "Hyndburn Hunks " so who'se going to vote for me
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 17:35   #234
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

With that result i reckon i have a good chance in the upcoming "Hyndburn Hunks " so who'se going to vote for me

Looks like a jealous mod has deleted all the thousands of posts for those who said yes they would vote for you
Old 11-10-2008, 17:38   #235
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Its a terrible thing jealousy.
Old 11-10-2008, 17:44   #236
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device

Me, me ... great boobs Entwisi .... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>.
Old 11-10-2008, 18:41   #237
God Member

why thank you kind lady.

do you want to swap???????

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

Old 11-10-2008, 18:52   #238
Resting in Peace

Quote:
why thank you kind lady.

do you want to swap???????

Errr ... errr... how long do I have to make up my mind ?
Old 11-10-2008, 19:09   #239
God Member

Till I get offers for topless from Playgirl?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

Old 11-10-2008, 20:27   #240
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
" so who'se going to vote for me
Sorry I've promised my 400 votes to Neil

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..