Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 16:46   #61
God Member

Re: Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction

Damn stupid decision if you ask me. Today saw a few mums with prams trying to access the toilets in the Market Hall and it was chaos. At least on Peel Street there is room to get prams in and out of the building
Old 01-02-2011, 17:05   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Damn stupid decision if you ask me. Today saw a few mums with prams trying to access the toilets in the Market Hall and it was chaos. At least on Peel Street there is room to get prams in and out of the building
obvioulsy somone at the council has a disliking for parents with children and enjoys making them clamber upstairs with children and a pram unless of course nappy changing facilities are provided on the upstairs cafe's tables on route to the toilets.

how dare somebody with kids expect to have groundfloor access to toilets with changing facilities in a town center

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 17:24   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
obvioulsy somone at the council has a disliking for parents with children and enjoys making them clamber upstairs with children and a pram unless of course nappy changing facilities are provided on the upstairs cafe's tables on route to the toilets.

how dare somebody with kids expect to have groundfloor access to toilets with changing facilities in a town center

The baby changing facilites are downstairs in the market hall. I've not been in but I'm sure the door says Disabled & Baby Changing so guessing it's a shared toilet.
Old 01-02-2011, 17:33   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
I just received this

The guys email address is: [email protected]

Time to fill up his inbox.
I will be replying shortly

I must admit I was very confused when I got the mail and feel a bit guilty now. I didn't realise he was the Town Centre Manager and was making all the decisions, I was blaming the councillors concerned.
Old 01-02-2011, 17:55   #65
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I must admit I was very confused when I got the mail and feel a bit guilty now. I didn't realise he was the Town Centre Manager and was making all the decisions, I was blaming the councillors concerned.
You got the Mail?

That's Jaysays paper!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 18:11   #66
God Member

Quote:
The baby changing facilites are downstairs in the market hall. I've not been in but I'm sure the door says Disabled & Baby Changing so guessing it's a shared toilet.

they weren't sign posted when i was looking for the baby changing, i ended up upstairs looking for them, it's awful up there with a pram
Old 01-02-2011, 18:13   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
they weren't sign posted when i was looking for the baby changing, i ended up upstairs looking for them, it's awful up there with a pram
I still don't think any of them are sign posted.
Old 01-02-2011, 18:18   #68
God Member

all that glory and the silly plank forgets to signpost the loo's.....tut
Old 01-02-2011, 18:36   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Looks like we all got the same reply so if you use the peel st bus services or trade monday, wednesday and sunday you have to use the market, lose business or miss buses to take a long walk and possibly queue for a widdle - great use for the public is that!! All so that the market can justify its white elephant expensive existance and keep one cafe owner happy at the expense of the outside traders and general public - it stinks!!
Inprovise SM, Buckets are cheap in the Market Hall
Old 01-02-2011, 18:37   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No it's optional, there is at least one business open
Which one is that Dave
Old 01-02-2011, 18:40   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
correct me if i am wrong but dosnt that route take you through the cafe owned by peter britcliffs son.The very same owner who joined here and had posts removed for advertising and been extreemly rude to members.Sounds like people are been hereded towards one particular buisness to fill empty seats.

its a bit like how in the old days in the wild west they cut off water supplies to force people one way or another except in this case its cutting off water works
Thats what I like about you accyman your so quick on mate
Old 01-02-2011, 18:42   #72
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You got the Mail?

That's Jaysays paper!
No it isn't Less, I can't afford Papers, I have to read um on line
Old 01-02-2011, 18:50   #73
Senior Member+

I used the toilets in the Market Hall on saturday and all but 1 of the toilet seats in the ladies were either on the floor or on the shelf behind the loo. All were very obviously broken which meant if you didn't want to sit on the actual porcelain bowl then you had to queue for the one toilet with a seat on. I did notice too that the seat that was still attached was the wrong size and shape for the bowl it was attached too!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 18:54   #74
God Member

there's so much going wrong in Hyndburn now it's unreal, that Britcliffe is doing a right good job aint he
Old 01-02-2011, 18:58   #75
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Fully agree .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..