Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2014, 20:10   #16

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: I don't know what all the fuss is about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Only the rights of the criminals and villains seem to matter.
They have a right to a family life.....the victims often have there life taken in the most barbaric and disgusting ways.....what are their rights?
You and me have no rights.....and those who rely on their human rights seem to know or care nothing about responsibility.
Just like Health and Safety legislation is a good law, it's down to the interpretation by muppets e.g. jobsworths nonsensically deciding you can't play conkers without safety glasses or make a slide on the street in winter, there is nothing intrinsically wrong with the human rights act. It's also a good law...it's the interpretation of it by coffin chasing barristers using crazy arguments that are accepted by incompetent judges (jobsworths), that cause precedents and thus miscarriages, leniency and downright travesties of justice.

These arguments are always about the 'wording' and not the 'spirit' of the law. Judges need to focus on the spirit and not the words.

Although in this particular case, it's more about sentencing guidelines that human rights.
Old 28-02-2014, 20:22   #17
Beacon of light

Yes, Guinness....I know. And I know that in France, for instance they choose which of the rules they will follow and how they will interpret them.
But my point of this thread was the apology of a woman that is this thugs mother.
She is not only a disgrace to motherhood, to womankind, to parenting, but she is an abomination of unfeeling indifference.
I wonder how she would have reacted if it had been her son who had lost his life.
I feel pretty sure she would have been baying for blood - not saying 'it's no big deal'.

The judicial angle was a side issue.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 20:41   #18

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, Guinness....I know. And I know that in France, for instance they choose which of the rules they will follow and how they will interpret them.
But my point of this thread was the apology of a woman that is this thugs mother.
She is not only a disgrace to motherhood, to womankind, to parenting, but she is an abomination of unfeeling indifference.
I wonder how she would have reacted if it had been her son who had lost his life.
I feel pretty sure she would have been baying for blood - not saying 'it's no big deal'.

The judicial angle was a side issue.
Totally agree with you regarding the mother and the violent thug..was just digressing the a bit on what I think is an interesting point on how the human rights act is perceived
Old 28-02-2014, 22:10   #19
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Sherron O'Hagan, mother? of Lewis Gill, who's father Richard Mckenzie. About sums it up really, a no mark who whelped another no mark, who will no doubt in turn go on to contaminate the gene pool by producing other little "Gets".

All in all, a damming indictment of the state of the nation aided & abetted by consecutive governments & certain elements of the populace being right up there on entitlement but severely lacking the counter balance of responsibility.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:27   #20
Beacon of light

Got in one Son. I always said you would go far .
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:28   #21
Full Member+

There's no shame any more, nothing to reign in the irresponsible, childish behavior of morally defunct idiots. They go on to breed children with no boundaries who, again, go on to do the same. Everythings a laugh, until something or someone naffs them off then, just like a child told no, they throw a tantrum. That's when someone really gets hurt. No shame, no morals and no self control.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..