Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2014, 11:12   #1
Beacon of light

I don't know what all the fuss is about!

Lewis Gill killed a man with a single blow - he has been convicted of this crime.
The man he killed was a vulnerable man with a mental age of 14.
This thug was sentenced to four years in jail, but taking into account the time he has been on remand he will probably only spend two years of that in jail.

Dominic Grieve(the Attorney General) is looking into the sentencing to see if it is overly lenient.

The thugs mother has been quoted in the news as saying she 'doesn't know what all the fuss is about'.
She has a feral son who has killed a man...some other mothers son...but she cannot see what all the fuss is about. She says her son is 'a good kid'
That tells you a lot about her and her parenting skills.

I really do despair.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2014, 11:19   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: I don't know what all the fuss is about!

With Scum like her as a mother, Kids have little chance really,
Big Dave likes this.
Old 27-02-2014, 11:51   #3
Full Member+

It was all caught on camera, unprovoked brutality to a defenceless man so no wonder the victim's mother is utterly distraught at yet another pathetic slap on the wrist for a violent thug. You'd probably get more for refusing to pay your council tax these days. Life is becoming cheap in this country, I wonder how the judge would have felt if it was a member of his family? As for the killer's mother, what an unfeeling, cruel low life, it must be genetic.
Old 27-02-2014, 12:01   #4
Beacon of light

One punch death 'no big deal' says killer's mother - Telegraph

All I can say is 'What goes round, comes round'
Karma to this unfeeling woman.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 27-02-2014, 13:06   #5
Senior Member+

Another (Richard head) judge who seems to think that killing someone with uncalled for violence is only worth a few years in jail.These scumbags are as close to murders as you can get, but yet this ass only give him 4years and he'll be out in 2 to do it again .
4years is an insult to the poor guys family and justice in general.How this poor guys life is only worth 2yrs in jail for the offender is beyond me it's a total farce.

Its no ruddy wonder the elderly are scared to go out when this scum are allowed to roam on the streets.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 13:43   #6
Beacon of light

the judge who is responsible for the sentencing is also a lay preacher at Salisbury cathedral.......and he feels that all cases should be judged by looking at mitigating circumstances.
This is not the first case he has judged so leniently either.
Old 27-02-2014, 13:49   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Trouble is as far as i'm aware, these idiot judges are answerable only to the Home Secretary?? So forget it, its jobs fer the boys.
Old 27-02-2014, 16:41   #8
Senior Member+

The only mitigating circumstance I can see is that this (deleted due to forum rules) couldn't see the ultimate consequences of his action.That being said,(unless he did racially abuse this scumbag) it was still a totally unprovoked attack which cost some vunrable person the ultimate price.
These judges like cashman says are virtually invinceable.the politicians should come clean an admit they have no control over the law as the EU an EUHR are the ones calling the shots.
It's not just a one off,his sentence is inline with other similar cases (I've checked).
Anyway I'm going to finish it there as the old blood pressure is rising,like the poor guys family have said "it's a joke".

password--Accyweb
Old 27-02-2014, 16:47   #9
Beacon of light

One of the mitigating circumstances was that the thug pleaded guilty.
I am not aware that the victim used any racial terms.....he just told off a guy for riding his bike on the pavement, telling him it was 'dangerous'......and he was felled by a single blow from the thug.
Ok, he didn't intend to kill the man but he did intend to hurt him.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 27-02-2014 at 16:50.
Old 27-02-2014, 17:03   #10
Senior Member+

I'm sure your aware,Like most cases,they don't plead guilty because it's the decent thing to do,they plead guilty to get a lighter sentences.
These judges are fully aware of the bull spouted by lawyers (probably due to themselves spouting it when they were on the other side of the bench) but yet they seem more an more incline to take that bull on board.
They have abandoned every concept of the word justice these days and that's probably the reason more an more folk think they take the pish,they should be retrained or sacked.

password--Accyweb
Old 27-02-2014, 17:10   #11
God Member

this reminds me of an incident in oswaldtwistle a while back

some utter moron beat up a local charecter called stephen who will say hiya to anyone

only once many years ago can i remember him been attacked and on that occassion the people who attacked him in accrington center got their arses kicked by a mob of people who sought to teach them a lesson

i can only hope the person who attacked him most recently got a good kicking also the poor guy is harmless and its sickening to think that someone thought it ok to set about him in such a vile and cowardly way.

people will probbably know who i mean i still see stephen around and hes scared of going out and has had one of teh few pleasures he has taken away from him and now only drinks a coke instead of his half a lager and goes home extra early because his mother worries about him and what other cowards are out there.

last year i had to walk him home because he was scared of getting jumped on again.

i dont know when it became acceptable in some peoples minds to punch the vulnerable in society but these scumbags need to be made an example of
Shurm likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 27-02-2014 at 17:13.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 17:35   #12
Full Member+

I know who Stephen is and it was a vile attack by a total coward. I used to see him around Ossy and he always had a smile on his face. He was the most gentle and trusting soul until the attack. I've also heard that he's scared to go out anymore and have not seen him around for a long time.It was the equivalent of battering a little child in the street. I think he was hit over the head with a bottle as he passed the scum in the street.
Old 27-02-2014, 19:26   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
the judge who is responsible for the sentencing is also a lay preacher at Salisbury cathedral.......and he feels that all cases should be judged by looking at mitigating circumstances.
This is not the first case he has judged so leniently either.
Like to know what the "mitigating circumstances" are.....makes my blood boil
Karateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 19:32   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
this reminds me of an incident in oswaldtwistle a while back

some utter moron beat up a local charecter called stephen who will say hiya to anyone

only once many years ago can i remember him been attacked and on that occassion the people who attacked him in accrington center got their arses kicked by a mob of people who sought to teach them a lesson

i can only hope the person who attacked him most recently got a good kicking also the poor guy is harmless and its sickening to think that someone thought it ok to set about him in such a vile and cowardly way.

people will probbably know who i mean i still see stephen around and hes scared of going out and has had one of teh few pleasures he has taken away from him and now only drinks a coke instead of his half a lager and goes home extra early because his mother worries about him and what other cowards are out there.

last year i had to walk him home because he was scared of getting jumped on again.

i dont know when it became acceptable in some peoples minds to punch the vulnerable in society but these scumbags need to be made an example of
Er...excuse me, "made an example of, made an example of" I'll have you know under section 3, paragraph 4, line 27 of the human rights for scumbags act of 1623 they have rights you know....

can we have someone who can explain their rights please....

No I thought not...castrate them then
Karateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 20:14   #15
Beacon of light

Only the rights of the criminals and villains seem to matter.
They have a right to a family life.....the victims often have there life taken in the most barbaric and disgusting ways.....what are their rights?
You and me have no rights.....and those who rely on their human rights seem to know or care nothing about responsibility.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..