Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2011, 05:19   #1
God Member

I find it hard to believe this ...

I thought I would give this thread a Jaysayesque title, a little levity before I ask about something that appears will have significant effects on you guys. Is it true what I read in your media that cuts to the NHS are already there? That 57 types of surgical procedures will no longer be allowed in North Manchester area? Some I can understand: boob jobs and tatoo removal. But hip and knee replacement??????? Gall stones? What in the sam hell is going on? Is it time to say RIP NHS?

I can understand reviewing a system in order better to deliver health care. But in wealthy countries, it should be the right of every citizen to receive free health care, free elementary and secondary education, and subsidised post-secondary education.

From a distant viewpoint, I see this government doing irreperable damage to the UK. They will probably condense 13 years of misrule into two.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-01-2011, 07:21   #2
God Member

Re: I find it hard to believe this ...

you aren't allowed to have a baby at a Blackburn Hospital anymore, you have t go to Burnley
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 07:34   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Call me sick but I find it funny that all future Burnley hating Rovers fans will be born in Burnley making them .... well you know, can't say it because some members get upset
Old 17-01-2011, 08:03   #4
Give, give, give member

Sadly the cuts will affect front-line staff, and therefore patient care, instead of the myriad of well paid pen-pushers, who will escape unscathed.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 08:33   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I thought I would give this thread a Jaysayesque title, a little levity before I ask about something that appears will have significant effects on you guys. Is it true what I read in your media that cuts to the NHS are already there? That 57 types of surgical procedures will no longer be allowed in North Manchester area? Some I can understand: boob jobs and tatoo removal. But hip and knee replacement??????? Gall stones? What in the sam hell is going on? Is it time to say RIP NHS?

I can understand reviewing a system in order better to deliver health care. But in wealthy countries, it should be the right of every citizen to receive free health care, free elementary and secondary education, and subsidised post-secondary education.

From a distant viewpoint, I see this government doing irreparable damage to the UK. They will probably condense 13 years of misrule into two.
I think you will find Eric that these ops have been suspend because of the flu epidemic that is rife at the moment, as have a lot of outpatient appointments
Old 17-01-2011, 08:38   #6
Junior Member+

The government is slowly collapsing; England better sort itself out soon!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 08:44   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think you will find Eric that these ops have been suspend because of the flu epidemic that is rife at the moment, as have a lot of outpatient appointments
From your beloved Daily Mail...

'Tens of thousands of doctors and nurses are facing the axe despite Government promises to protect the NHS from cuts, a report suggests.'

Old 17-01-2011, 09:22   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
From your beloved Daily Mail...

'Tens of thousands of doctors and nurses are facing the axe despite Government promises to protect the NHS from cuts, a report suggests.'
The optimum word is May, but you know as well as I do you could probable cut saw much from the NHS and still not affect front line services, just get rid of those Labour appointees sat in their Ivory Towers working 3 days a week on telephone numbers salaries, and it might be an idea if consultants were stopped from working self made overtime at £250 an hour
Old 17-01-2011, 09:57   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
The optimum word is May, but you know as well as I do you could probable cut saw much from the NHS and still not affect front line services, just get rid of those Labour appointees sat in their Ivory Towers working 3 days a week on telephone numbers salaries, and it might be an idea if consultants were stopped from working self made overtime at £250 an hour
This is happening now...

NHS trusts in north-west ban 57 types of surgery

'The axe will fall heavily on procedures to help with the knees and hips, gynaecology (including hysterectomies for heavy menstrual bleeding), eye cataracts and nearly all cosmetic surgery.

The cuts will also affect procedures for hand and lower back pain, hernias, haemorrhoids, skin lesions, lower jaw and surgical dentistry.'
NHS trusts in north-west ban 57 types of surgery | Society | The Guardian

People will continue to live in pain, because there will be no knee and hip replacement operations. Others will remain blinded by cataracts. All because of the cuts.

Scandalous.

Old 17-01-2011, 10:02   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
This is happening now...

NHS trusts in north-west ban 57 types of surgery

'The axe will fall heavily on procedures to help with the knees and hips, gynaecology (including hysterectomies for heavy menstrual bleeding), eye cataracts and nearly all cosmetic surgery.

The cuts will also affect procedures for hand and lower back pain, hernias, haemorrhoids, skin lesions, lower jaw and surgical dentistry.'
NHS trusts in north-west ban 57 types of surgery | Society | The Guardian

People will continue to live in pain, because there will be no knee and hip replacement operations. Others will remain blinded by cataracts. All because of the cuts.

Scandalous.
Guardian
Old 17-01-2011, 10:08   #11
God Member

Pain medication side effects
Painkillers Fuel Growth in Drug Addiction - Harvard Health Publications

More people will inevitably have to resort to using strong pain killers, which will increase the amount the NHS pays out to the pharmacutical industry - so denying surgery is false economy.

Those painkillers cause other health problems - are life shortening - so eugenics policies are in action big style.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 10:09   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Guardian
The facts of what's happening now is reported in the press across the political spectrum.

'The NHS is adopting a "dangerous path" by stopping certain elective surgical procedures to save money, the president of the Royal College of Surgeons of England has warned.'
The Press Association: Surgeons issue service cuts warning

Probably be in your Mail tomorrow.

They tend to be a little slow. Mirroring many of it's readers.

Old 17-01-2011, 10:15   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The facts of what's happening now is reported in the press across the political spectrum.

'The NHS is adopting a "dangerous path" by stopping certain elective surgical procedures to save money, the president of the Royal College of Surgeons of England has warned.'
The Press Association: Surgeons issue service cuts warning

Probably be in your Mail tomorrow.

They tend to be a little slow. Mirroring many of it's readers.

They have a cheek when they're charging £250 an hour overtime
Old 17-01-2011, 10:17   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
My first post in this thread stated that pen-pushers were being spared, at the cost of front-line staff, because of the cuts.

That's wrong, just as denying patients in pain surgery, because of cost cutting, is wrong.

Old 17-01-2011, 10:29   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
They have a cheek when they're charging £250 an hour overtime
I'd rather have a qualified surgeon operate on me, rather than some pen-pusher on £80,000.00 a year.

'...there was further controversy after it emerged that next year’s NHS funding rise is below the level of inflation – meaning the amount of money available is in reality a cut. This breaks an election pledge by the Tories for real-term increases.'

Read more: Massive NHS shake-up but pen-pushers will survive with jobs running NEW system | Mail Online

Argue all you like.

But sadly even you can't argue with the facts, of what is happening NOW.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..