Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2008, 18:14   #16
God Member

Re: I hear we have a Starbucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
under the present financial climate I will be surprised if Starbucks lasts until the New Year, I've noticed the 3 near me have more open parking spots than there used to be , guess unemployment cheques don't run to $ 4 vendi double soy de-caff lattes with low foam .
The sooner this pretentious blight is gone from our High streets the better
I seem to recall they recently announced a massive closure program.
Old 19-10-2008, 18:46   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Wynonie, I shall have a look at E.Pellicci's, although I'm not in London very often!
Seriously, it's well worth it. Here's a taster of what to expect.

Classic Cafes | E. Pellicci Cafe

I know I've mentioned this before, but when I called in on my way to see Stanley play at Dagenham, after I'd had my meal and paid, I got talking to the owner's son. When he found out where I was off to, he disappeared and came back with a big slab of bread and butter pudding, wrapped in foil, saying, "here's something to keep you going at halftime." Now, would you get that in Starbucks?

...talking of which, I give the Starbucks in Vine Mill a year at the most. Can you honestly aee the citizens of Ossy and nearby towns forking out two-and-half quid for a brew?
Old 19-10-2008, 18:56   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Looks like entwisi has solved the mystery

Robert Pinkus & Co

Historic East Lancs Mill Offers New Retail Opportunity
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008

New retail opportunities to trade at East Lancashire’s new and exclusive factory mill outlet are now available at very affordable rates reports local commercial property consultants Robert Pinkus & Co.

Vine Mill in Oswaldtwistle, formerly trading as BM Furniture since 1977, offers over 88,000 sq ft of renovated space that has been totally transformed into a stylish and exclusive retail concept offering everything for the home under one roof. The owners of the mill have kept rents down and costs to a minimum in order to assist and encourage businesses to grow during the current economic slowdown.

Vine Mill trades over three floors and represents a perfect business expansion opportunity with minimum investment. Retail space currently available is located on the second floor of the mill and comprises up to 10,968 sq ft. A restaurant opportunity is also available on the second floor and comprises 1,757 sq ft. Concessions that have already been trading successfully from Vine Mill include Marinelli, Home Furniture, Vine Mill Carpets, La Maison, Porcelanosa, Odyssey Luggage, Casabella, Stone International, Sweet Dreams, Hemelaer, Gautier, A&S Pine, Bouyant and Furniture to Go. The Vine Mill coffee shop on the ground floor is due to open at the end of September and will be serving Starbucks Coffee.

Bloody hell dave for a Dingle your a mind of information
Old 19-10-2008, 19:11   #19
God Member

Starbucks coffee is itself always slagged off for being 'burnt'. real coffee lovers reckon its roasted too long.

I work with a coffee snob who even paid £15 for a bag of ground coffee for the team cafetierre. I took in a £2.50 bag of Aldi finest and in blind tasting he preferred it!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 09:40   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Starbucks coffee is itself always slagged off for being 'burnt'. real coffee lovers reckon its roasted too long.

I work with a coffee snob who even paid £15 for a bag of ground coffee for the team cafetierre. I took in a £2.50 bag of Aldi finest and in blind tasting he preferred it!
To be honest these coffee shops have sprung up since I stopped frequenting town centres. The test you did with the guy at work don't surprise me entwisi, give me a cup of Red Mountain or Nescafe anytime, never mind paing £2 plus for a latte or whatever they call them
Old 20-10-2008, 11:55   #21
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
To be honest these coffee shops have sprung up since I stopped frequenting town centres.

I've noticed that all motorway service stations seem to have a little outlet for Costa-lot-more-than-it-should-do Coffee these days and they also sell overpriced hot choccy. What happened to the old fashioned cafeteria?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 12:25   #22
God Member

it was rubbish and equally overpriced so died a natural death?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 12:46   #23

Red face Re: I hear we have a Starbucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Thats all I could think of, B&M isn't it?
Yes your right, but they don't just sell suites, they have loads of other household goods too
vicky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 16:16   #24
JFT96

Andrew, you must call by my house for a Starbucks taste, I am a bit of a coffee snob, but FIFTEEN POUNDS for some beans!!!!!!madness.

The big problem with Starbucks is that 20 years ago you used to be able to get a really good coffee in the USA, now all those small mom and pop places have gone under, I don't mind Starbucks, but if I am out and about I prefer Cafe Nero or Costa myself.

Now if I can only get one of those guys to open up in Casablanca

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 18:05   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
under the present financial climate I will be surprised if Starbucks lasts until the New Year, I've noticed the 3 near me have more open parking spots than there used to be , guess unemployment cheques don't run to $ 4 vendi double soy de-caff lattes with low foam .
The sooner this pretentious blight is gone from our High streets the better
Couldn't agree more .... we have seven Starbucks in town, and I don't see how they hold on in face of competition from Tim Hortons.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..