Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2008, 10:49   #1
God Member

I hear we have a Starbucks?

I hear we have a Starbucks in Oswaldtwistle? By the vine mill? Has anybody got any pictures or even been there. My only reasons for going to Manchester were Starbucks and Subway, now they're in a 15minute bus journey of each other.
Old 19-10-2008, 12:27   #2
God Member

Re: I hear we have a Starbucks?

Did Andrew have a heavy night on the pop last night? Did he have a dream from which he cannot yet distinguish reality? Starbucks in Ossy? Oh dear....maybe the work is getting too much.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 12:53   #3
Super Moderator

I might have known you'd be a sucker for the faceless, corporate brands that are ruining our towns, Cyfr.

To quote from one of my favourite sites Classic Cafes | London's vintage Formica caffs!

"The big coffee corporations won't rest until every British high street is turned into a branded mall pushing their wares.

This brutal Starbucking of our towns is leading to the wholesale erasure of British vernacular retail architecture."

Next time you go down the smoke, I suggest you go for a brew and a bite to eat at the mighty E.Pellicci's in Bethnal Green. As Tealeaf will probably agree, it's an experience not to be missed!
Old 19-10-2008, 14:21   #4
Resting in Peace

Starbucks in Ossy I agree, me thinks Andrew had to much falling down water last night
Old 19-10-2008, 14:39   #5
God Member

I can see where the confusion has arisen. It's rumoured an infamous butty shop is changing it's name to Starstrucks due to it's owners coverage in the local press
Old 19-10-2008, 14:48   #6

No, I visited the Vine mill on Fri, and they do actually have a starbucks coffee shop inside the building
vicky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 14:50   #7
God Member

Whats in Vine mill nowadays? - don't say Starbucks

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 14:52   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Whats in Vine mill nowadays? - don't say Starbucks
Well the last time I went in I was looking for a new suite, wether there is anything else there or not I'm not sure K.S.H.
Old 19-10-2008, 15:10   #9
God Member

Thats all I could think of, B&M isn't it?

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 16:18   #10
God Member

Yep, its true, i have`nt been but apparently there is one of those overpriced coffee emporiums in Vine Mill............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 16:55   #11
God Member

Is it a real Starbucks ? Starbucks website don't have it listed. Find it a very strange place for one to open if it's legit
Old 19-10-2008, 17:09   #12
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device

Some coffee shops can buy starbucks branded coffee and sell it. They aren't true starbucks though (unlike the TWO we have at my works )
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 17:09   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Did Andrew have a heavy night on the pop last night? Did he have a dream from which he cannot yet distinguish reality? Starbucks in Ossy? Oh dear....maybe the work is getting too much.
Well I suppose only time will tell.. somebody should go to the Vine Mill and take pictures!

Wynonie, I shall have a look at E.Pellicci's, although I'm not in London very often!

If anybody knows a local coffee shop that has a 'starbucks' experience then please let me know. :]
Old 19-10-2008, 17:28   #14
God Member

Looks like entwisi has solved the mystery

Robert Pinkus & Co

Historic East Lancs Mill Offers New Retail Opportunity
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008

New retail opportunities to trade at East Lancashire’s new and exclusive factory mill outlet are now available at very affordable rates reports local commercial property consultants Robert Pinkus & Co.

Vine Mill in Oswaldtwistle, formerly trading as BM Furniture since 1977, offers over 88,000 sq ft of renovated space that has been totally transformed into a stylish and exclusive retail concept offering everything for the home under one roof. The owners of the mill have kept rents down and costs to a minimum in order to assist and encourage businesses to grow during the current economic slowdown.

Vine Mill trades over three floors and represents a perfect business expansion opportunity with minimum investment. Retail space currently available is located on the second floor of the mill and comprises up to 10,968 sq ft. A restaurant opportunity is also available on the second floor and comprises 1,757 sq ft. Concessions that have already been trading successfully from Vine Mill include Marinelli, Home Furniture, Vine Mill Carpets, La Maison, Porcelanosa, Odyssey Luggage, Casabella, Stone International, Sweet Dreams, Hemelaer, Gautier, A&S Pine, Bouyant and Furniture to Go. The Vine Mill coffee shop on the ground floor is due to open at the end of September and will be serving Starbucks Coffee.

Old 19-10-2008, 18:09   #15
God Member

under the present financial climate I will be surprised if Starbucks lasts until the New Year, I've noticed the 3 near me have more open parking spots than there used to be , guess unemployment cheques don't run to $ 4 vendi double soy de-caff lattes with low foam .
The sooner this pretentious blight is gone from our High streets the better
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..