Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2011, 10:37   #1
Resting in Peace

Talking I laughed so much I nearly passed my fags round

Well the Posty has just arrived at my gaff, a few Xmas Cards and a huge padded envelope, Thinking that I hadn't order out, I was wondering what was in the little package. When I opened it I laughed so much I nearly passed my fags round, twas only from Conservative Central office with all kinds of bumph calendar, propaganda leaflets and a mock leather bound diary (check if it was for next year) the same diary which 20 years ago they were charging £3-50 for, seams nobody has told them I'm no longer a member, or is it a cunning plan to try and temped me back
Old 14-12-2011, 10:58   #2
God Member

Re: I laughed so much I nearly passed my fags round

Maybe Conservative HQ have been reading Accyweb and it's a thankyou for the party political broadcasts you post . ....ere I wonder if Margaret has got her's yet?

Last edited by Mancie; 14-12-2011 at 11:02.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 12:39   #3
God Member

Never look a gift horse in the mouth Jay - you could always re-use the padded envelope.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 12:50   #4
Resting in Peace

Your lucky Jaysay I got just a hand delivered card from the Labour party very nice and thank-you Graham Jones .............just one thing can you tell the person who you got to deliver it to close the ruddy gate next time
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 13:57   #5

stick it on ebay, it might just make the £3-50, if your very lucky,
janloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 18:16   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Your lucky Jaysay I got just a hand delivered card from the Labour party very nice and thank-you Graham Jones .............just one thing can you tell the person who you got to deliver it to close the ruddy gate next time
Well funny you should mention that mick I haven't had my usual card from my local Labour Councillor yet, or for that matter my calendar from PB either, I'm sure they haven't been deliver yet or Rindi would have dragged the thread up for the 6th year on the trot
Old 14-12-2011, 18:18   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Never look a gift horse in the mouth Jay - you could always re-use the padded envelope.
I'm always very wary when I receive something like this from CCO, there's always an ulterior motive
Old 14-12-2011, 20:19   #8
Senior Member+

once you sign up, you sign up for life. next they will all be round for tea and stickey buns
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 20:31   #9
God Member

conservative central office have money to burn as donations from the banking industry rolls in
Old 15-12-2011, 08:33   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
conservative central office have money to burn as donations from the banking industry rolls in
Has your bloody computer not got upper case on ya divvy
Old 15-12-2011, 08:53   #11
Senior Member+

In the immortal words of Wayne Rooney,

"Once a Blue, Always a Blue!"

gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 09:10   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
In the immortal words of Wayne Rooney,

"Once a Blue, Always a Blue!"

Ya but I'm never never never, join the reds mate believe me, it would mean rubbing shoulders with hypocrites and back stabbers
Old 15-12-2011, 14:47   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
Ya but I'm never never never, join the reds mate believe me, it would mean rubbing shoulders with hypocrites and back stabbers
I always thought Jeffrey Archer, Geoffrey Howe, Neil Hamilton et al were Tories.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 18:01   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I always thought Jeffrey Archer, Geoffrey Howe, Neil Hamilton et al were Tories.
You should pay more attention, when we're talking about backstabbers on here, the reference is to our noble MP who stabbed the people who voted for him in the back on Europe, aided and abetted by his marry bunch on HBC, you get none out of ten for observation divvy
Old 15-12-2011, 19:02   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You should pay more attention, when we're talking about backstabbers on here, the reference is to our noble MP who stabbed the people who voted for him in the back on Europe, aided and abetted by his marry bunch on HBC, you get none out of ten for observation divvy
Yeh should pay more attention, after all yeh started this thread, which has sod all to do wi anyone on here only you. now who's a divvy?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..