Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2013, 17:16   #91
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I saw a UFO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Yeh but they may exist on other planets and also perhaps on this planet on other dimensions - in the sea and there are other theories.

The comparisson is I wonder how other life forms like animals/birds percieve us, when we enroach on their habitats perhaps for the first time!

Anyone interested? Tonight 8pm on ITV 1 a new 2 pt program called Mystery Map about unexplained incidents like UFO sightings etc
Yes, they might exist, allow folk like me to have our doubts.
Call us doubting Thomas's if you wish, meanwhile let's consider what intelligent people say, given the vast amount of stars and planets we would be wrong to say other forms of life don't exist, but why would they travel to our backwater & only talk to loons in the woods?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-11-2013, 19:23   #92

Re: I saw a UFO!

It doesn't take much for simple organisms to exist, so i reckon there must be thousands of planets out there populated with Jeremy Kyle audiences.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 00:04   #93

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
We go in to the countryside with guns and blast the hell out of pheasants and other animals- but do we explain to the pheasant why we shoot them? We go into the rain forest and chop down trees and kill the wildlife but we don't explain to the monkey's "Oh excuse us we are just going to wreck your home and kill your friends!" And we don't do this because we believe we are superior beings and those animals aren't even capable of understanding!

Likewise then; there could be ALiens who come here to Earth and do things and don't feel the need to explain to us - what and why they are doing something - because they may see us as dumb animals.
You are making the basic mistake of equating our civilisation with an 'intelligent' civilisation. We are babies...we still kill each other because we differ on the name we give to an imaginary white clothed bearded being that lives on a cloud surrounded by white winged yellow haired creatures with glowing circles around their heads.

A civilisation which has created the ability to travel across the vast distance of interstellar space would not do so just to shove things up the backside of itinerants!

When our own civilisation expanded, originally for exploration and knowledge, and then for stealing resources from the less civilised, it was done at a manpower and financial cost...aliens would not need to do this because their are resources in abundance on comets, asteroids and dead planets.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:36   #94
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
A civilisation which has created the ability to travel across the vast distance of interstellar space would not do so just to shove things up the backside of itinerants!
Oh I don't know Guinness, every civilisation has it's deviants & funny burghers, we've even got our own that'll happilly travel half way round the world to carry out their "fun".
Old 05-12-2013, 12:26   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Call us doubting Thomas's if you wish, meanwhile let's consider what intelligent people say, given the vast amount of stars and planets we would be wrong to say other forms of life don't exist, but why would they travel to our backwater & only talk to loons in the woods?
I use this comparison that we put food out for the birds - the birds eat that food but they don't know who put it there and why - the food just appears to them and they eat it.

Likewise we are only beginning to understand the world we live in to a limited degree. So like we put out food for the birds - it's possible aliens come here and look at us but we only see glimpses of them - like the birds we don't understand what we see.

And besides they don't only talk to loons in the woods. Remember that copper from Todmorden that reckoned he was abducted while on patrol. Also many US airmen have seen them on radar etc

Last edited by kestrelx; 05-12-2013 at 12:31.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 15:08   #96
JFT96

Quote:
Also many US airmen have seen them on radar etc
Actually, Civil Aviation Radar will not pick up UFO's simply because it is not powerful enough.
All Airliners and almost all other aircraft are required to have a Transponder, which talks to the radar station on the ground. Its called SSR. Although there is a weather radar on Airliners, I have yet to see it show a return for anything other than Weather.
Barrie Yates likes this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 15:48   #97

I saw a UFO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Actually, Civil Aviation Radar will not pick up UFO's simply because it is not powerful enough.
All Airliners and almost all other aircraft are required to have a Transponder, which talks to the radar station on the ground. Its called SSR. Although there is a weather radar on Airliners, I have yet to see it show a return for anything other than Weather.
Nope, sorry your argument doesn't wash with kestrels thinking.

IF you can't detect it, it must be because the World Government won't allow you to detect it.

Will you please stop making sense in this thread?
jaysay and Boeing Guy like this.
Old 24-12-2013, 02:59   #98

There are so many things happen we cant explain, and its arroganrt to think that space is infinite yet were the only intelligent life in it.
ianakabigsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2013, 08:19   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianakabigsy View Post
There are so many things happen we cant explain, and its arroganrt to think that space is infinite yet were the only intelligent life in it.
Intelligent? Prove it.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 24-12-2013, 10:15   #100
JFT96

I go with this....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:43   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I have my doubts as well - in fact I'm probably a sceptic!
Old 05-01-2014, 22:27   #102

[QUOTE=kestrelx;992092]In Summer 2010 I was in a London Park it was a very sunny day with a few clouds. I looked up and saw what I thought was a plane. It was reflecting the light as they do and I thought what is that? It went behind a small cloud and did not come out of the other side and I just went "What???" It was like something vanished before my very eyes, imagine seeing a car driving down the road and then for it to vanish - that is what happened. I believe it was a UFO! It was not a satellite because that would have come out the other side of the small cloud. Nothing came out of the other side...

The WYTWAP what-you-thought-was-a-plane might have changed course whilst behind the cloud, in a direction which was not visible from your position.
Graham Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 16:10   #103
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Graham Hartley;1089598]
Quote:
In Summer 2010 I was in a London Park it was a very sunny day with a few clouds. I looked up and saw what I thought was a plane. It was reflecting the light as they do and I thought what is that? It went behind a small cloud and did not come out of the other side and I just went "What???" It was like something vanished before my very eyes, imagine seeing a car driving down the road and then for it to vanish - that is what happened. I believe it was a UFO! It was not a satellite because that would have come out the other side of the small cloud. Nothing came out of the other side...

The WYTWAP what-you-thought-was-a-plane might have changed course whilst behind the cloud, in a direction which was not visible from your position.
The cloud was too small and the sky too clear - there were no clouds near it either!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..