Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2003, 10:38   #1
adi

Post I tried to avoid it

Well ive been re-decorating my Lounge now for the past three months and am finally reaching the last stages.

I thought id done really well but in the end I couldnt avoid having to go to........................IKEA.

Yep thats right the Scandinavian home wreckers place. All my mates have been, everybody on the TV mentions it - in fact even my mother has been!!

But through thick and thin id refused to be taken in by the 'fad' until last night.

Not by want of fighting i must add - ive been looking for a mirror for the past two weeks now and have tried everywhere you can think of until my mother churped up the dreaded word 'IKEA'!!

Thats was it - my missus insisted on us going as to have the place 'right for Xmas'.

I now feel cheated, cos not only have I been, like a kid in a toystore I was amazed - so much in fact that im going next week on my day off!!!
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2003, 11:23   #2

Post Re: I tried to avoid it

which one did you go to? I'm planiing to go tomorow and it's a toss up between the Leeds and Warrington store.
jrenshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 11:25   #3
adi

went to the Warrington one - its massive.

my feet where killing me when id finished!! although the missus did drag us round each floor 10 times!!

have you been before? its actually good
Old 05-12-2003, 11:35   #4

no never been, but I need a new wardrobe and bookshelf for when I move into my news house next weekend so I thought I might go along.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:40   #5
adi

it's worth going - only problem being that you'll spend way over your budget!!

we went to buy some glass shelves and came back with anything and everything including Candles!!

it's a dead easy place to find as well
Old 05-12-2003, 13:06   #6
Junior Member+

I love it me - been a few times to Leeds & Warrington (my dwarfs love it)...

I do recommend buying a pepsi and a hotdog after. Believe me you'll need it after all that shopping - probably be quite busy this time of year. I'd also make sure any desks/bookcases etc... that you buy fits in your car (I've made that mistake before!!)
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 13:08   #7

Steve - (sorry to blow your cover :-) ) which is the better store Leeds of Warrington?
Old 05-12-2003, 14:05   #8
adi

Snow_White/Steve - i went to the restaurant afterwards and put down a bottle of beer with a sandwich only they wouldnt serve the beer cos i hadnt bought a hot meal!?!

Totally agree with making sure that the unit(s) etc fit - i fluked it because i invited my brother along and ask him to drive so everything fit in his car!!
Old 05-12-2003, 15:47   #9

sorry but I have to say I love IKEA! although my whole house isn't covered in it, I like the kids bedroom stuff, we have the loft beds and it gives them so much more floor space, but yes, once you start, it becomes addictive.....be warned!!!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 15:51   #10
adi

like i said ive been converted - i was amazed at the amount of different options they had for something as simple as cupboards handles!!!

the mind boggles
Old 06-12-2003, 07:29   #11

Nearest I've been is reading a leaflet pushed through the door. Will go on resisting, well someone has to don't they?
Nessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 08:14   #12

I went to the warrington store on saturday it was quite good, tehbest bit was fried brekfast for £1!!!  ;D
Old 08-12-2003, 08:27   #13
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Never been, but always meant to and never got round to it. If I've any money left after this holiday I'll go. - Actually there's no chance of having any money left, maybe in 12 months :-/

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 11:12   #14
adi

Keep fighting Nessie - once you have sucumbed to the 'dark side' you'll spend a fortune.

You'll also keep staring at you shelves/handles etc and wonder if they 'quite right'.

Cant believe you managed to get a fried breakfast for a quid - did you buy anything else?
Old 08-12-2003, 11:45   #15

it came with a mug of tea as well :-) Oh I did buy 2 wardrobes so they probably made a profit out of me

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..