Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2009, 10:10   #136
Give, give, give member

Re: I'd rather this was in anything goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
...but are fairly quiet at the meets when your face to face (strange!).
Well I can't say I've ever found that to be true, about any of the members of this forum that I've met. They've been very chatty, and always ready for a laugh.

Perhaps it's just your company that deadens any conversation.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2009, 10:24   #137
God Member

Quote:
Just another thing that makes the site what it is. A forum for people who moan about things that have no affect on their small and sad lifes. They have nothing better to do than try to look good in front of their little web buddies. These are also usually people who hide behind their pc's acting all tough but are fairly quiet at the meets when your face to face (strange!). Then you get the moderating which is a joke if im honest with no clear cut right and wrong it goes off who you are and if they like you or not (well it seems that way anyhow). This site is going down hill and im not the only one who thinks and i think that more people should just be more honest with people and stop being so dam over PC all the time. rant over and cue the oh why do you come on here you moron and the usual dont like it go somewhere else then rubbish.......

well for once Carl, i have to agree with everything you have said, your face either fits or it doesnt, certain members get certain benefits and certain moderators get away with things that a 'normal' member would never get away with, members get banned for saying things and yet certain moderators can get away with saying whatever they want, in 'real life' they would get a few teeth broken for the things they have said to certain members
Old 16-03-2009, 10:27   #138
God Member

and now lets wait for the speech on 'moderators dont get paid to do this, they do it voluntarily' 99% of the mods on here are brilliant, its just that 1% that lets the show down
Old 16-03-2009, 20:50   #139
Senior Member+

No "speech" from me, if you have an issue, use the report button....
"simples" (to quote a meerkat)
Old 16-03-2009, 21:06   #140
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I think if there is an obvious conflict between mod and member, the mod should back off and let another one be the moderator in the true sense of the word.............meercat indeed.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 09:30   #141
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Do you know Lindsay don't think I've ever used the report button, except for Spam a couple of times, but mind you offencive post have usually been removed before I get the chance to read them
Old 17-03-2009, 10:27   #142
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I use it whenever I see spam or something that should not have been posted. I do it to try and help the mods with the task of reading the drivel we all post
Old 17-03-2009, 16:15   #143
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I use it whenever I see spam or something that should not have been posted. I do it to try and help the mods with the task of reading the drivel we all post
The names Neil Secret Agent, patrolling Accy Web
Old 18-03-2009, 06:31   #144

There is a first for everything Shanida. People are just frightened of putting out their real views i think. On some topics people just turn into the sheep and follow the crowd.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 09:30   #145
Resting in Peace

Quote:
There is a first for everything Shanida. People are just frightened of putting out their real views i think. On some topics people just turn into the sheep and follow the crowd.
If people put their real views on here, the mods would be working overtime cleaning it up, just the thought of mick on time and a half and unable to make it to the railway is unthinkable
Old 18-03-2009, 10:20   #146
Resting in Peace

That's true jaysay
now what was the original thread about ??
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 10:55   #147
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
That's true jaysay
Are you trying to say that people have been thread wondering mick, never
Old 18-03-2009, 11:19   #148
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If people put their real views on here, the mods would be working overtime cleaning it up, just the thought of mick on time and a half and unable to make it to the railway is unthinkable

but why SHOULD people be afraid to say what they mean? i always say what i mean, if i get banned then so be it, its pathetic that a lot of you dont know your own mind and follow everyone else about just because you are afraid you might get a smack bottom, pathetic
Old 18-03-2009, 11:29   #149
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
but why SHOULD people be afraid to say what they mean? i always say what i mean, if i get banned then so be it, its pathetic that a lot of you dont know your own mind and follow everyone else about just because you are afraid you might get a smack bottom, pathetic
agree doubt if many don't say what they think though, think that ideas just in the "minds" of some though.
Old 18-03-2009, 13:04   #150
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
That's true jaysay
I think it was about custards ... and nutmeg Or was that the council meeting thread
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moderhaters, tantrums

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..