Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2012, 14:46   #16
God Member

Re: Ideal Home

one of them old windmills converted into a home with an extention around teh back.The windmill coul dgenerate electricity and i would have solar panels on the blades as well as the roof

then i would ring british gas and tell them to shove their over priced products

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2012, 14:50   #17
Resting In Peace

Dianne, talking about dust... when we lived in the country in an ex farm cottage on the edge of a field, I thought the dust was bad, especially at harvest time. Then we lived in Warwick in a house that gave straight on to the street, on a narrow busy main road with tall houses on either side. The dust was worse... and black with exhaust fumes.

Now we are on a nice quiet private road in Morecambe just off the prom but we get sand blown off the beach and dust from our unmade road. Plus building dust from our ongoing renovations... Can't win, but try and develop dust blindness as I have. Quentin Crisp said you don't notice it after four years... we've been here five years on Monday.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 15:03   #18
God Member

I agree - I lived on Dill Hall next to a bus stop - got diesel exhaust too.
Country locations can be hazardous - think of the herbicide spraying on crops.
Moorlands only have sheep - I like sheep more than people. They don't give out aggro

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 15:33   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Moorlands only have sheep - I like sheep more than people. They don't give out aggro
So you'd swap Less for a sheep any time?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 15:38   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
So you'd swap Less for a sheep any time?
I think sheep are more cuddly - (even those with ticks).

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 16:53   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
I think sheep are more cuddly - (even those with ticks).
You speak from experience?
Of both??

A nice bungalow built into the Undercliff on the Isle of Wight. Veranda and garden looking over the trees to the English Channel below you.
But every Ideal Home has snags, you either see them before you move in(we did) or after.I still think about it though.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 17:42   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
My ideal home is anywhere wi a good partner, simple as.
What a great answer cashy Home is certainly where the heart is
Old 23-02-2012, 17:48   #23
Resting in Peace

The only place I have ever really thought I would like to live away from here is a place my Daughter moved to about 10 years ago and lived for a few years, she had this apartment overlooking the sea in Macau, it looked tremendous from the video she made to let us see her home, a balcony overlooking a gorgeous blue sea, idyllic
Old 23-02-2012, 17:51   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I can see that being a good place to be.

As the recession bites and food prices rise, you would have easy access to the past 'sell by' stuff in the skips.
Oh didn't know you were going to be a neighbor.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really

Last edited by Benipete; 23-02-2012 at 17:53.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 18:29   #25

I love my home, my life and the area I live in. But if I had the money I would love to have an apartment above the Liston building in Corfu Town where I could stay whenever I wanted, but still keep my home here. Corfu Town really is my favourite place in the whole world and I'm really looking forward to returning there this year.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 19:59   #26
Give, give, give member

Where I always planned to live, spending my dotage painting, was in a little white washed, one up, one down, cottage on a spit of land, just of the coast in Brittany.

That would have been ideal, at one time.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..