Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 21:54   #16
God Member

Re: Idiots in a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Hope you pass all this onto the police Willow
I hope so too.

I think may come under the same heading as the original post:

During the Spanish Holiday season many Spaniards take their holidays as we do in the costa's.
The Guardia Civil take positions at points were it is impossible to avoid the road blocks that they set upto detect drink drivers and drugies.
You come over a hill, and there they are.
I saw one driver just drive straight on without stopping and within one minute his car did a bellyflop on the road.....tyres flailing in the wind, no high speed car chase or anything dramatic as that...a sting across the road.
If the Idiot driver thinks he can escape by going on the motorway....wrong......at the payage...yet another troop of Guardia.
This method of policing is not to earn money for the coffers of the government but to prevent these idiots taking to the road.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-10-2008, 21:59   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I hope so too.

I think may come under the same heading as the original post:

During the Spanish Holiday season many Spaniards take their holidays as we do in the costa's.
The Guardia Civil take positions at points were it is impossible to avoid the road blocks that they set upto detect drink drivers and drugies.
You come over a hill, and there they are.
I saw one driver just drive straight on without stopping and within one minute his car did a bellyflop on the road.....tyres flailing in the wind, no high speed car chase or anything dramatic as that...a sting across the road.
If the Idiot driver thinks he can escape by going on the motorway....wrong......at the payage...yet another troop of Guardia.
This method of policing is not to earn money for the coffers of the government but to prevent these idiots taking to the road.

Seems like reasonable policing to me. If the Police want to stop you for a roadside check for whatever reason and the motorist doesn’t comply, then said motorist has to live with the consequence of their actions.
Old 03-10-2008, 22:05   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
What's the point?
Another point might be that if these fools pull similar stunts tomorrow and some poor sod hasn’t got their wits about them then there might be a death.

It needs reporting IMO
Old 03-10-2008, 22:34   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Idiots!

It didn't say "Dodge" on the back of it by any chance did it?
Just a thought: If it had that written on the front, would our stupid society allow it as some sort of defence?

"Well we gave her adequate warning m'lud - there was a sign on the front saying what she needed to do"

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 22:37   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
In my experience if you haven't any specific details to report the police regard it as wasting their time.
We used to have a PC in Ossy that wanted the details of these daft drivers. He used to say that if the car had been messed about with from standard then very often the insurance company have not been informed so it is void. He could then do them for no insurance.

This was because he could not be everywhere and see everything. he could however get them for something else quite simply which had the same overall effect - taking them off the road.

Its a shame we lost him. He went to have his personality removed to he could become a traffic cop
Old 03-10-2008, 22:42   #21
God Member

The 3 boy racers who played dodgems near my place got stopped.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 22:45   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
We used to have a PC in Ossy that wanted the details of these daft drivers. He used to say that if the car had been messed about with from standard then very often the insurance company have not been informed so it is void. He could then do them for no insurance.

This was because he could not be everywhere and see everything. he could however get them for something else quite simply which had the same overall effect - taking them off the road.

Its a shame we lost him. He went to have his personality removed to he could become a traffic cop
As expected a flippant response to a serious subject.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 22:58   #23
Resting in Peace

Nevertheless Willow, have taken note of your thread, and will be on the lookout for this **** .. 'twit' obviously. Vigilante Accyweb ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 23:03   #24
God Member

A shame the police purge hasn't focussed on the idiots driving round town. There are a lot of reckless drivers endangering pedestrians lives like these morons
Old 03-10-2008, 23:10   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
As expected a flippant response to a serious subject.
It was a serious response. Willow would have never had the driver done for dangerous driving with 3 witnesses in the car. If she did have the registration and the car turned out to be illegal then at least the driver would get done for something.
Old 03-10-2008, 23:21   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
A shame the police purge hasn't focussed on the idiots driving round town. There are a lot of reckless drivers endangering pedestrians lives like these morons
Understand what you are saying Bernie, but they can't be everywhere all the time can they.

Last week went on Hartley Street (thought was a meeting at the Hippings Centre.. Youth Night) .. youth group in a small car racing up and down the road, weaving in and out .. obviously very inexperienced on how to handle a car. Couldn't blame the police for their short bursts of macho hormonal peacock overtures .. lasted about 5 minutes. Wished they had stopped, would have loved to have got my fingures around their throats.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:31   #27

HAHAHAHA Its an old Dodge Neon. I for one wouldnt bee hanging out the window as the embarassment of driving such crap would be too much.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:44   #28
Resident Waffler

The thing is I don't have any 'details' to give to the police other than a whitish car with a back top. It's a bit vague to say the least.

Past experience tells me that I have nothing to report. In the past I have reported things to the police when we have even known exactly who the person was who we were reporting but the result was that the police advised us to just forget it as if they persued it then the person we complained about may very well come round and lob a brick through the window.

Or the time in Clayton when similar yobbos threw an egg through our open car window as they sped past (we were parked). We got the reg of the car that time and told a passing policeman whose response was that we couldn't prove the egg was thrown by them.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:00   #29
Resting in Peace

If this happened in the Town centre Willow and you report it to the police, maybe, just maybe, it might be caught on CCTV cameras.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:22   #30
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Idiots in a car

Quote:
In my experience if you haven't any specific details to report the police regard it as wasting their time.
A few years ago as I walked into my local post office for my pension, I noticed two lads in the nearby phone box. When I came out those same lads were stood across the road as if they were waiting for someone.

Then a red sporty soft top car came roaring up stopped by the waiting lads, one of them put his hand inside the car and then withdrew it and put it in his pocket. At that time I was too slow to make a note of the number and the car sped off. Off the top of my head I would say that I had witnessed a drug sale.

Nearly two years later the same car pulled out of a side street right in front of me causing me to brake sharply. I recognised it right away and this time I made a note of the number as I followed it down the road.

When I got home I rang the police and told them the full story. They were most interested in the number and thanked me for being public spirited.

My reasoning was that although my tiny piece of information was unlikely to bring them to justice it could have been another piece or even the final piece of the evidence jigsaw to enable the police to make a raid and an arrest. I have no idea of the outcome but since that day I haven’t seen the red car flying around nor have I seen youths gathering around a phone box and then hanging around for a while after making a phone call.

My point is that we do not know what the police know and our apparently insignificant piece of information could be vital to them. In other words let them decide, not you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..