Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2008, 11:32   #46
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: IF there was a God...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
seven of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mates, and two of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, and also seven of every kind of bird, male and female.

Much obliged for clarifying the pedantic finer points. No mention of insects though, which are VITAL in pollinating plants and cleaning up carcases.

According to the Biblical literalists the Ark had a total floor space of some 100,000 square feet. Large animals like elephants, rhinos etc would need some 400 sq ft each and at least ten times that for their feed. That would be about 28,000 sq ft for 7 elephants alone.

Then there were the carnivores to cater for, not forgetting drinking water for all.

Even if it were ‘kinds’ of animals, like felines, bovines, equines etc, as some theological historians claim where did the various species come from after the flood?

Which were the unclean animals, apart from man and woman?

This whole God, Adam and Eve and Noah thing is just a story concocted by some very clever people to grab power for themselves. And of course these events were only written about well after the event.
Old 21-09-2008, 11:57   #47

Re: IF there was a God...

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
oh my goodness....seriously these pictures do not exist....
Hmm - well I've seen one that would best be described with the following words in a different order:
"girl on girl action tongue"

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 12:04   #48
God Member

Well i would now ask God if these pics could be made public.............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 12:09   #49
Senior Member+

OMG yea i lied (i forgot about those ones!).......and anyway they are public-they are on my facebook

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 12:10   #50
Senior Member+

I would ask why Jambutty has to spoil every lighthearted thread with his seriousness....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 12:46   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
I would ask why Jambutty has to spoil every lighthearted thread with his seriousness....
I think It was a lighthearted look at people and believe me there are people that believe in Adam&Eve and Noah Mother Goose and Jack and the Beanstalk.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 12:49   #52
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Much obliged for clarifying the pedantic finer points.
Oh beam me up Scotty!

It wasn't a problem, nor was I being a pedant, I was just clarifying a mistaken statement made by one fellow member, have a nice day you all!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 12:49   #53
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: IF there was a God...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
I would turn that around and ask why should you spoil a serious topic with nonsensical and wildly off topic banter?
Old 21-09-2008, 17:13   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Much obliged for clarifying the pedantic finer points. No mention of insects though, which are VITAL in pollinating plants and cleaning up carcases.

According to the Biblical literalists the Ark had a total floor space of some 100,000 square feet. Large animals like elephants, rhinos etc would need some 400 sq ft each and at least ten times that for their feed. That would be about 28,000 sq ft for 7 elephants alone.

Then there were the carnivores to cater for, not forgetting drinking water for all.

Even if it were ‘kinds’ of animals, like felines, bovines, equines etc, as some theological historians claim where did the various species come from after the flood?

Which were the unclean animals, apart from man and woman?

This whole God, Adam and Eve and Noah thing is just a story concocted by some very clever people to grab power for themselves. And of course these events were only written about well after the event.
Indeed the last part of your post is probably accurate. The medieval church, at least from the time of Pope Gelasius, used the ark thing as part of their argument that the Apostolic See had both religious and temporal power. The ark story was interpreted as a metaphor for the inclusiveness of the church. The ark argument is used as late as 1302, I think, in Pope Boniface Vlll's Bull, Unam Sanctam, which was part of the propaganda war between Boniface and Phillip lV.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 22:42   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Indeed the last part of your post is probably accurate. The medieval church, at least from the time of Pope Gelasius, used the ark thing as part of their argument that the Apostolic See had both religious and temporal power. The ark story was interpreted as a metaphor for the inclusiveness of the church. The ark argument is used as late as 1302, I think, in Pope Boniface Vlll's Bull, Unam Sanctam, which was part of the propaganda war between Boniface and Phillip lV.
I've always wondered why so many people that struggle to exist can afford to spend so much money on a building to high lite a person that is a figment of so many imaginations.
Yes I believe there is a creator but I don't subscribe to the idea that he needs my money.
Shame on the people that use grief on other people to make money.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 11:22   #56

I would ask him, if he isn't responsible for, and doesn't expect to take any crap for, all the bad stuff that goes on, then why does he expect so much damn praise for the good stuff that goes on. Can't have it both ways God old chap.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 19:07   #57
Junior Member+

I would ask God this question. When Jesus ascended into heaven where did he go?
Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 19:12   #58

I would ask what fool evented the german language and then request him to smite the said fool for bothering me with german homework when I have more important things to do!!!
Old 23-09-2008, 20:30   #59
I am Banned

"are you on drugs or is it just the PMT kicking in"
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 08:07   #60
Give, give, give member

I'd ask, Strictly or X-Factor?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..