Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2016, 12:11   #31

Re: If you have not seen your GP for five years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Better still patients who haven't visited for five years could present themselves at reception and sign a computer printed form to say that they still wish to be registered with the practice.
<snip>
I would be quite happy to fill in a form obtained from reception....and it does not even need to be posted...it could be dropped in a box at reception.
Ahem...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
So should we...the healthy people, be clogging up the GP's waiting room just to let them know we are perfectly healthy?( and in the process making it even more difficult for someone who is genuinely in need of medical help, to see a doctor)

What if someone is not able to go to reception for something that could be dealt with by a letter? There is nothing to stop you going to your doctors and ensuring that you are not on the check & remove list.
But for others who are not in your situation they could be more than happy to respond to a letter - which may eventually point them to a web page even.

All this about if people move and change doctors is just a miniscule bit, I don't know why your harping on about it so much. If someone does register with a new practise then they are taken off the old ones lists - if the old practise does not then that's likely fraudulent and they should be dealt with accordingly.

your not happy replying to a letter, others are.
Simples.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2016, 12:17   #32
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I do think this is a good idea though, I doubt the surgeries own admin doing it would work, no real incentive for them to find out who they are getting free money for.
It should not be down to incentive..it should be down to having the books up to date...the correct database.
But in a sense....you are right...it is in the interests of the practice to keep ghost patients on their books as it means money for doing nowt......but surely that is defrauding the NHS.

GPick...when you go in to the practice i reckon there will not be many of the names of Doctors that you will recognise...certainly of the era of Mike Hipwell( a great GP and a thoroughly good chap - I know because I worked with him at QPH way back in the late seventies).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 12:24   #33
God Member

A useful link -
http://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/GP/...0&isNational=0

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 12:25   #34
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
Ahem...

What if someone is not able to go to reception for something that could be dealt with by a letter? There is nothing to stop you going to your doctors and ensuring that you are not on the check & remove list.
But for others who are not in your situation they could be more than happy to respond to a letter - which may eventually point them to a web page even.

All this about if people move and change doctors is just a miniscule bit, I don't know why your harping on about it so much. If someone does register with a new practise then they are taken off the old ones lists - if the old practise does not then that's likely fraudulent and they should be dealt with accordingly.

your not happy replying to a letter, others are.
Simples.
Please will you point out my post where I have said that I am not happy in replying by letter?
Do not put words into my posts that I have not said.

For those who cannot get into the practice......well, if they cannot get in because of health reasons, then they have no real need to worry because it is likely that they are still on the books because they have visited during the last five years.....Why else might they not be able to get into the practice....work ?
I am sure that I would be able to find time to go to the practice to let them know I still lived in the area.

If the aim of the NHS is to save money and free up spaces with GP's then getting an expensive private firm to do this is(in my opinion - which I know is worth little) is not the way to go about it...and that is my point.
Old 25-07-2016, 12:42   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
How the hell did Dr. Death get 4 stars?
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 12:52   #36
Beacon of light

Thank you Margaret...I have just spent an interesting few minutes reading some reviews.Seems like some of us would be better getting struck off some of the practices.
Pals comes out of it pretty badly.
Old 25-07-2016, 13:53   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Thank you Margaret...I have just spent an interesting few minutes reading some reviews.Seems like some of us would be better getting struck off some of the practices.
Pals comes out of it pretty badly.
The Pals are abysmal in my experience, some of the receptionists reminded me of the "Waffen S.S." when we moved and i changed from them i could not believe the difference.
Old 25-07-2016, 14:01   #38
Beacon of light

Cashy I would hazard a guess that you are now with the Rhyddings Practice
Ma is with this group. I NEVER have difficulty getting her an appointment...and it is almost always with the same doctor - ensuring continuity of care.
The Pals Practice has become too big and impersonal. It could learn some valuable people skills from the Rhyddings Practice.
Old 25-07-2016, 16:02   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Is that the one on union Rd Margaret? if so then yes. just higher up than bubble factory,
Old 25-07-2016, 16:10   #40
Beacon of light

Yes Cashy it is...and it is a great place to be looked after(from what I have seen of my Mum's care).
Old 25-07-2016, 16:21   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Yes Cashy it is...and it is a great place to be looked after(from what I have seen of my Mum's care).
Yep me and paris have never had a better surgery than that un.also the receptionists treat yeh as human beings.
Old 25-07-2016, 19:41   #42
Senior Member+

I've been with Clayton Medical Centre since it opened, in fact I moved there when my doctor started it.
Its a long way to go but I'm able to drive so at present that's not a problem.
The doctor has always come to me or my late wife when I have requested a home visit and will call back if I request a call back from the doctor or nurse.
The receptionists have always been polite and tried to oblige with an appointment the day I ring for one.
The online prescription request service works a treat and I usually get my medication the day after I sent it in.
They ring me if a blood sample or health check up due and I'm completely satisfied with the service.
Others may disagree but those are my findings.
Old 25-07-2016, 20:03   #43
Beacon of light

You can only speak as you find.
Old 25-07-2016, 20:52   #44
Full Member+

It sounds as though you have the same care from your surgery as we have from ours. I think we are lucky as I hear bad reports from other folks about their doctors and surgeries.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 00:03   #45
God Member

someone new to the area was asking people on facebook about a good doctors in accy as her partner had a serious illness.She said she was thinking about the PALS doctors

Thankfully enough people warned her that her partner would be dead within a week if he was already ill at the PALS

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..