Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 17:48   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: If You Were A Barber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
In your haste to have a snide dig at me you’ve walked into it again Neil.

I just knew that you couldn’t resist a derogatory remark and you didn’t.

It has been reported.
I can't believe how you can once you've made a mistake attempt to turn it around!

Yeah, right, you set a trap, (you claim), well no actually you showed yourself up again,

Who is wrong? The person answering, or the fool that feels a need to set traps, don't bother answering I already know it must be my fault, please feel assured, now that you have reached your dotage, we the members of accyweb will treat you with the care that you so obviously deserve.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2008, 17:51   #17
Give, give, give member

Isn't there a lotion, to get rid of nits?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 17:53   #18
Senior Member+

theres loads but they are building immunity to them so they dont always work.... wet combing (with a nit comb while you have conditioner on your hair) if fairly effective.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 17:56   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Isn't there a lotion, to get rid of nits?
Soap and water gets rid of sticky jam marks, never tried it on a whole jam butty but I am sure it will work.
Old 06-09-2008, 18:18   #20
God Member

Have a chrome dome save on hair cuts nits hair spray gel colouring etc.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 18:24   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Have a chrome dome save on hair cuts nits hair spray gel colouring etc.

whynot go all the way and have a back , crack and sack job as well

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 18:48   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Got your knickers twisted quite easily there jambutty.
He got uppity when I suggested his wardrobe included such garments. If you had mentioned a certain brand of petroleum jelly it's most likely he would have wet 'em, never mind twisted 'em.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 18:59   #23
Passed away 25-11-09

Ugh, this thread is deteriorating fast and I think I will have to report it, in the interests of good taste and hygiene.
Old 06-09-2008, 20:18   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Ugh, this thread is deteriorating fast and I think I will have to report it, in the interests of good taste and hygiene.
rest assure this thread was reported looooooooong ago

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 20:22   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
If you were a barber or a ladies hairdresser and whilst attending to your customer you saw movement in the hair and identified a nit, would you tell the customer?

If so how?
If not, why not?
Would you fumigate the tools used?
I used to be a hairdresser.

If a customer had headlice (headlice are the crawlers, nits are the eggs) then I would notice before I even shampooed them as I always did a consultation first to see what they wanted doing to their hair.

This involved taking their hair down if it was tied back, examining the way the hair falls and checking where they have a parting if they have one.
Headlice would be noticed during this process.

I would quietly make the customer aware and apologise that I could not work on their hair today. I would advise them on how to treat the problem and tell them to come back when the headlice had gone.

I would put the comb I used for combing through their hair in barbicide for a few hours and this would kill off any headlice which had got on the comb.
Old 06-09-2008, 20:34   #26
Passed away 25-11-09

I would have thought that, if you've reached adulthood, you'd know if you had headlice. I have a vague memory of having nits when I was 7 and, staying with my aunt in Whitley Bay, much to her chagrin and assurances to my mother that I must have caught them from a Scottish child I'd played with on the beach. I seem to remember they itch. If so, I would not present myself at the hairdressers for a cut and blow until I was sure I was no longer infested.
Old 06-09-2008, 20:35   #27
Caz
God Member

This only ever happened to me once, took my 2 to Guy Christophers, (God rest him) when they were small, and one of them had nits. Used to check them on a regular basis. But not noticed as they hadn't been scratching, so must have been caught recently. Dawn, the hairdresser, took me to one side and told me, but she continued to cut his hair. Common sense comes into it sometimes. Nits only like clean hair after all.

Thanks Dawn!!!

Would have thought stuff had to be sterilised after each cutting...you can have dirty hair and not have nits?
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 20:54   #28
Caz
God Member

Should have said lice prefer clean hair!
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 20:54   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I would have thought that, if you've reached adulthood, you'd know if you had headlice. I have a vague memory of having nits when I was 7 and, staying with my aunt in Whitley Bay, much to her chagrin and assurances to my mother that I must have caught them from a Scottish child I'd played with on the beach. I seem to remember they itch. If so, I would not present myself at the hairdressers for a cut and blow until I was sure I was no longer infested.
The customer may not be aware if they only had a few lice.....some are aware but they aren't too shy to go to the hairdresser.
Old 06-09-2008, 20:56   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer View Post

Would have thought stuff had to be sterilised after each cutting...you can have dirty hair and not have nits?
That's right. Combs lived in barbicide and were rinsed before being used.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..