Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2008, 14:00   #46
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: If You Were A Barber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
its not classed as child abuse, its classed as an invasion of a childs privacy
It is called stupid if you ask me. Something else that the parents should have to agree to as a condition of entering the school.
Old 08-09-2008, 15:02   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It is called stupid if you ask me. Something else that the parents should have to agree to as a condition of entering the school.

have to agree with you there Neil, Reece only ever had 1 nit at once, i used to check him every night when he came home from school, its easier to see them in lighter hair and he never ever went to school WITH them, its the people who DONT check their childs hair that pee me off
Old 08-09-2008, 15:12   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
anyone with any common sense knows that, therefore these who set these rules are bloody stupid.
Old 08-09-2008, 15:19   #49
God Member

I remember a few years ago I took my eldest son to the barbers to find it shut due to illness.... that night he was sat there itching like mad, which wasn't unusual as he had psoriasis, I called him over to check how bad it was to find he had a few nits...phew thank goodness the barbers was shut that day

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 17:29   #50
Beacon of light

Back in those glory days(pre 1960's)....Friday night was head inspection......we all had our hair combed through with a fine comb while standing on the newspaper......this was when the News of the World was a broadsheet......my mother used to make sure the writing was upside down so that i couldn't read the 'juicy' bits.
Once head inspection was over we used to be bathed.....tin bath in front of fire....and hair was washed with Derbac soap. I never had 'lodgers' as my Ma called them....she put it down to the Derbac soap.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 18:04   #51
Give, give, give member

Woops...wrong thread.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 18:24   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Isn't there a lotion, to get rid of nits?
I believe it is called "Sulphuric Acid."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 18:26   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
That's right. Combs lived in barbicide and were rinsed before being used.
Barbicide sounds like a great idea .... and we could also kill Ken too.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 18:43   #54
God Member

Quote:
its not classed as child abuse, its classed as an invasion of a childs privacy
Since when does "invasion of a childs privacy" come into it , it's a sodding public health issue , surely parents have a right to expect that their children are not being exposed to nits or for that matter any other potentialy harmfull contagion
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 19:51   #55
God Member

At primary school the regular visits from the nit nurse didn't trouble us, but sometimes the 'strip nurse' would come
That involved stripping down to briefs/knickers and was a source of dread and embarrassment

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 19:52   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
At primary school the regular visits from the nit nurse didn't trouble us, but sometimes the 'strip nurse' would come
That involved stripping down to briefs/knickers and was a source of dread and embarrassment
Why did you have to strip for a headlice check?

Sounds odd to me.
Old 08-09-2008, 19:56   #57
God Member

Quote:
Why did you have to strip for a headlice check?

Sounds odd to me.
It was a more comprehensive health check - looking for skin problems such as scabies I suppose. I vaguely remember use of a stethascope. TB was a problem nationally then - I had an aunt who died from it.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 20:17   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Since when does "invasion of a childs privacy" come into it , it's a sodding public health issue , surely parents have a right to expect that their children are not being exposed to nits or for that matter any other potentialy harmfull contagion

Steeljack, i dont agree with the nit nurse NOT coming into school, we never had nits when she came to school when we where kids, its all that political correctnerss thing aint it, a loada testicles if you ask me

if the nit nurse still came into school there would be no nits whatsoever, in my day the kid who had nits was sent home with a letter and wasnt able to return to school till all the lice had gone
Old 08-09-2008, 20:20   #59
God Member

Quote:

if the nit nurse still came into school there would be no nits whatsoever, in my day the kid who had nits was sent home with a letter and wasnt able to return to school till all the lice had gone
I've just thought of something....it's funny how some schools send children home for having an unacceptable hairstyle yet the ones with headlice are allowed to remain in school.....as long as the lice are roaming in a regulation haircut.
Old 08-09-2008, 20:23   #60
God Member

Quote:
I've just thought of something....it's funny how some schools send children home for having an unacceptable hairstyle yet the ones with headlice are allowed to remain in school.....as long as the lice are roaming in a regulation haircut.

pathetic aint it, Reece once wanted a NIKE tick shaved into the back of his hair, there where several kids who had had this done already so i didnt see it as being a problem, i let him have it done and the night after i was called into school and told to get it shaved off because it was 'affecting Reece's behaviour'

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..