Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2010, 09:24   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Illegal Immigrants

The big 3 parties say how they will deal with the illegal immigrant issue, what i fail to understand is WHY they do not mention dealing with what i consider the real problem. fer my money its Dealing with the employers of these people. to me its a supply/market etc, similar to "Prohibition" back in 20s/30s in America, if they nailed the employers n deported them, or give em long jail terms if they were british residents, the demand would reduce greatly n many may not have the reason to arrive here, like most things in life, its the little people that get bounced whilst the money men carry on regardless. is it cos the big guns in politics are stupid? i don't think so! is it cos they are there own kind? now that could be nearer the mark.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:46   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Illegal Immigrants

I agree with most of what your saying cashy, but the thing is a lot of what is going on is organised outside this country, the other problem is anybody starts harping on about it is called a racist by the likes of the Guardian, Independent and Co
Old 03-05-2010, 10:31   #3

As far as I know....

None of the main parties can deal with the immigration problem.

The main problem is the influx of immigrants are from within the European Union and only the
BNP & UKIP will remove us from the EU & stop this.

When the main parties go on about immigration they are referring to people coming in from outside the EU & that's only about 8000 people.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
As far as I know....

None of the main parties can deal with the immigration problem.

The main problem is the influx of immigrants are from within the European Union and only the
BNP & UKIP will remove us from the EU & stop this.

When the main parties go on about immigration they are referring to people coming in from outside the EU & that's only about 8000 people.
thats another issue completly, this thread is about "Illegals"
Old 03-05-2010, 18:06   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Definition of an illegal immigrant
3 There are four major categories:
(a) people who have been smuggled in or entered on false papers (illegal entrants)
(b) those who come with a visa but stay beyond it (overstayers)
(c) asylum seekers whose cases fail but who stay on in the UK
(d) children of the above

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
fer my money its Dealing with the employers of these people. to me its a supply/market etc,

if they nailed the employers n deported them, or give em long jail terms if they were british residents, the demand would reduce greatly n many may not have the reason to arrive here,

is it cos the big guns in politics are stupid? i don't think so! is it cos they are there own kind? now that could be nearer the mark.
As you can see Cashy there are already laws in place & those flouting them aren't just Chippys' & Sweat shops, even the high & mighty aren't opposed to a little bit of the "Black economy". Especially the case stated below, She of all people should've shown better judgement !!

UK minister fined 5,000 pounds for employing illegal migrant

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 03-05-2010 at 18:09.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 19:02   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Definition of an illegal immigrant
3 There are four major categories:
(a) people who have been smuggled in or entered on false papers (illegal entrants)
(b) those who come with a visa but stay beyond it (overstayers)
(c) asylum seekers whose cases fail but who stay on in the UK
(d) children of the above

As you can see Cashy there are already laws in place & those flouting them aren't just Chippys' & Sweat shops, even the high & mighty aren't opposed to a little bit of the "Black economy". Especially the case stated below, She of all people should've shown better judgement !!

UK minister fined 5,000 pounds for employing illegal migrant
the laws in place require severe sentences, not a 5 grand fine fer someone with more money than sense.
Old 03-05-2010, 19:22   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I agree wholeheartedly, but who enforces these punishments ? or more to the point decrees the punishment ? The answer is in the statement !

The British minister in charge of prosecuting criminals

Attorney General Baroness Patricia Scotland

Scotland tendered an apology Tuesday and Prime Minister Gordon Brown spoke up on her behalf,

Gordon Brown said no further action is necessary

How can justice be done when this blatant contempt for the Countries rules are so flaunted by those in positions of trust ? Now had it been an Indian Restaurant owner/Business man or someone of "lesser value", they'd have been thrown to the Wolves & dragged through the Courts. Yes there is something inherently wrong with the system & it needs redress, but who will make it right ? Not the present crop of wastrels ! I don't think there's a Politician alive in the Country today good enough to apply the required strictures to reverse the rot !!
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 19:57   #8
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I agree wholeheartedly, but who enforces these punishments ? or more to the point decrees the punishment ? The answer is in the statement !

The British minister in charge of prosecuting criminals

Attorney General Baroness Patricia Scotland

Scotland tendered an apology Tuesday and Prime Minister Gordon Brown spoke up on her behalf,

Gordon Brown said no further action is necessary

How can justice be done when this blatant contempt for the Countries rules are so flaunted by those in positions of trust ? Now had it been an Indian Restaurant owner/Business man or someone of "lesser value", they'd have been thrown to the Wolves & dragged through the Courts. Yes there is something inherently wrong with the system & it needs redress, but who will make it right ? Not the present crop of wastrels ! I don't think there's a Politician alive in the Country today good enough to apply the required strictures to reverse the rot !!
Spot on.Baroness Scotland was herself responsible for drafting some of the legislation regarding illegal immigrants......and the employment of them......yet she can get away with a risible fine for doing what the rest of us are forbidden to do.It is one law for them and another for the rest of us.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 20:00   #9
Beacon of light

None of the political parties have the will to track down the illegals/the overstayers...preferring to let them stay and by doing so they give out the signal that it isn't really that serious.

It is time they woke up to the general feeling in the country....but I think it might just take a revolution.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 20:14   #10
God Member

The problem was deliberately created by government policies
.....in order that they could present a solution
.....ID cards, followed by RFID chips

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 20:21   #11
God Member

personaly i think we have too many imigrants legal or otherwise and the imigration door needs slamming shut and keeping shut until we can cater for those already here not to mention our OWN citizens born here.

and heres about as p.c as im preppared to be on the matter

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 20:30   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
personaly i think we have too many imigrants legal or otherwise
...and what's more, when they get here they start telling us what to do! One of 'em's just told me I've had too much to drink today. Country's going to the dogs, I tell you!
Old 03-05-2010, 20:41   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...and what's more, when they get here they start telling us what to do! One of 'em's just told me I've had too much to drink today. Country's going to the dogs, I tell you!
let the dogs have it at least they can lick their balls to console themselves after been kicked.

they reakon school leavers cant get jobs ,well perhaps they could if they didnt have to compete with cheaper imigrant workers

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 03-05-2010 at 20:45.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 21:00   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
they reakon school leavers cant get jobs ,well perhaps they could if they didnt have to compete with cheaper imigrant workers
Just wait 'til the Martians arrive. They've got eight tentacles, so they'll work four times as fast. You won't get a look in!
Old 03-05-2010, 21:57   #15

Illegal immigrants are a real big money spinner for the legal profession and as most MPs are lawyers they don't bite the hand that feeds them
"More than £200m of taxpayers' money went on legal aid for asylum and immigration cases last year, the government says."
This doesn't include the millions and millions spent on defending illegals who commit crime whilst here
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..