Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2011, 19:21   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: I'm a bit disappointed really

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
Graham Jones? Let's face it, he's no Greg Pope is he.
Dumb & Dumber (1994) - IMDb

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-12-2011, 19:27   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
How galling.

Having to use your own newspaper column, to give yourself a pat on the back, in recognition of a reward, for being a good little party drone.

I'd guess about 95% of readers couldn't give a flying fig about this promotion.

Well done though.

For congratulating yourself.

Since no one else has.
How much would it be to put a "Dont let the door hit you on the arse on your way out " colume when the next election comes by.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 19:48   #33
God Member

Quote:
My dearest chum EdM has made me a prefect, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada, merry Partymas.
Are you sure he's been made a prefect? I thought he'd been promoted to milk monitor (junior).

Anyway, it ain't on the online edition of the AO. However, I do believe that he now uses this twitter thing to get his message across, which is rather peculiar because from what I understand that particular media tool is one used by footballers, Z rate celebrities, teenagers and others whose only common denominator is illiteracy and stupidity. Still, if he's happy fooling around there then good luck to him although I seriously doubt if anyone who is either old enough or who knows how to vote will be reading his postings.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 00:04   #34
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Are you sure he's been made a prefect? I thought he'd been promoted to milk monitor (junior).

Anyway, it ain't on the online edition of the AO. However, I do believe that he now uses this twitter thing to get his message across, which is rather peculiar because from what I understand that particular media tool is one used by footballers, Z rate celebrities, teenagers and others whose only common denominator is illiteracy and stupidity. Still, if he's happy fooling around there then good luck to him although I seriously doubt if anyone who is either old enough or who knows how to vote will be reading his postings.
Yeah, Twitter's great, for those who are too afraid to defend their thoughts, and actions...on a more equal, democratic medium, like Accy Web.

On Twitter you can just delete things you don't like, and no nasty opinion polls.

Result!

Tweet, tweet.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 10:00   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yeah, Twitter's great, for those who are too afraid to defend their thoughts, and actions...on a more equal, democratic medium, like Accy Web.

On Twitter you can just delete things you don't like, and no nasty opinion polls.

Result!

Tweet, tweet.
Well seems like the best place for him Rindi, he's made it quite clear he's a twit, well something like that, but you know me and my spelling
Old 19-12-2011, 10:29   #36
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Thats me - "illiteracy and stupidity"
Old 19-12-2011, 11:05   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Thats me - "illiteracy and stupidity"
Which do you prefer
Old 19-12-2011, 13:13   #38
God Member

I think I'll have a look at this twitter thing........

OMG!!!

Here's a quote from him:

"With 2 more years austerity after 2015 & the Coalition collapsing Cameron will still bottle Feb's rumoured snap GE.

15 Dec "

So then, a General Election February. Somehow I doubt it, but if he believes it I wonder if he's out looking for another job now?

Last edited by Tealeaf; 19-12-2011 at 13:19.
Old 19-12-2011, 13:14   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Dont waste yer time mate, its even worse than conversing wi dingles.
Old 19-12-2011, 13:29   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dont waste yer time mate, its even worse than conversing wi dingles.
Aye, I've just found that out - the hard way. Have you read the rubbish that he's posted? Don't bother if you ain't - you're missing nowt. It reminds me of that tiny tot's TV programme a few years back...Teletubbies? Total gibberish, posted from La-La land.
Old 19-12-2011, 17:16   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
Graham Jones? Let's face it, he's no Greg Pope is he.

actually he is because gregg pipe said openly that despite him knowing that teh people of hyndburn didnt want to get involved in the Iraq conflict his personal belief was that it was teh right thing to do so it seems common practice for our local mp's to ignore the wishes of the people they represent.

this is what my main gripe is.It isnt for them to make decisions it is their job to speak on behlaf of us and what we want not what they want

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 19-12-2011, 18:46   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:

OMG!!!

Here's a quote from him:

"With 2 more years austerity after 2015 & the Coalition collapsing Cameron will still bottle Feb's rumoured snap GE.

15 Dec "

So then, a General Election February. Somehow I doubt it, but if he believes it I wonder if he's out looking for another job now?
Well if Camerons looking for a job think Jonesy had better get in touch with his old employer to see if theres an opening
Old 19-12-2011, 19:07   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
actually he is because gregg pipe said openly that despite him knowing that teh people of hyndburn didnt want to get involved in the Iraq conflict his personal belief was that it was teh right thing to do so it seems common practice for our local mp's to ignore the wishes of the people they represent.

this is what my main gripe is.It isnt for them to make decisions it is their job to speak on behlaf of us and what we want not what they want
Don't quite agree with your main gripe. I want my representative in parliament to make decisions. Kingston and the Islands sends an MP to parliament, not a ventriloquist's dummy. However, I do want him to keep in touch with the feelings and wishes of his constituents and to make his decisions based, in part, on their input.

And folks should keep in mind that not everyone in the constituency voted for the sitting MP ...

The main criticism that I would have about an MP who is acting like yours, is that he seems to place his personal beliefs and his political career before his responsibilities as an MP.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 19:17   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Don't quite agree with your main gripe. I want my representative in parliament to make decisions. Kingston and the Islands sends an MP to parliament, not a ventriloquist's dummy. However, I do want him to keep in touch with the feelings and wishes of his constituents and to make his decisions based, in part, on their input.

And folks should keep in mind that not everyone in the constituency voted for the sitting MP ...

The main criticism that I would have about an MP who is acting like yours, is that he seems to place his personal beliefs and his political career before his responsibilities as an MP.
Think your last sentence says it all Eric, sums our illustrious MP up to a tee
Old 19-12-2011, 20:32   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

i proibably didnt word it too well or as well as you did but i was aiming for what you said.Graham jones denied us our say beacsue apparently he felt we didnt deserve a vote on the E.U despite saying previously on two occasions that he would back our right to have a vote.Iv stated before that regardless of what people think about the E.U wether it be for or against it we deserve our say on the matter regardless and graham jones did his bit in taking that opportunity away from us.

lets face it there was no personal belief that he thought it was best we didnt get a vote the spinless git folded to his party leaders demands that he vote a particular way and in doing so screwed the people of hynburn on a democratic say.

Of course some decisions have to be made by a MP we cant have a vote on every decision but on matters as big a magnitude as the EU we damn well shoudl get a referendum and be allowed to have our say either way

if he had stood up to milliband i would have voted for him as an indipendant or even as a member of another party if push came to shove if milliband had sacked him from labour but theres no way in hell he will get my vote now.

Last edited by accyman; 19-12-2011 at 20:35.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..