Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2009, 11:17   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I'm a floating voter, tempt me.

Quote:
Fox hunting is an issue that has proved to be controversial for all the political parties.

Hunting supporters want to see a repeal of a law which they argue makes no sense - and the Conservatives have promised that, if elected, they will give a free vote on the issue.

Hunting supporters want to see a repeal of a law which they argue makes no sense - and the Conservatives have promised that, if elected, they will give a free vote on the issue after lobbying by groups who say the current law just does not make sense.
Hunt supporters say the law has put legitimate law abiding hunts under huge amounts of scrutiny, whilst hunt objectors argue that the exemptions leave too much room for manoeuvre.
BBC NEWS | Programmes | Politics Show | Conservatives - gaining ground?

So a priority for the Tory's if elected is to give a free vote to repeal the fox hunting ban.

Not much use to the common man that one is it?

I could be tempted though, if they or in fact any party would consider changing the smoking ban so that if establishments want to allow people to smoke they can do, a big sign outside saying 'this is a smoking establishment', would prevent the anti-smokers from entering by mistake into such a horrid atmosphere.

I think it would be a bigger vote winner than the fate of the fox.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-12-2009, 18:36   #2
Super Moderator

Re: I'm a floating voter, tempt me.

Repealing the fox hunting ban...yep, that's certainly of vital importance to the ordinary voter.

I could say I'd vote for the party who offer us a vote on membership of the EU...but as both major parties have broken their promise to give us a vote on the European Constitution, their promises are totally and utterly worthless.

Wouldn't trust either of 'em as far as I could throw 'em.
Old 26-12-2009, 18:52   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Repealing the fox hunting ban...yep, that's certainly of vital importance to the ordinary voter.

I could say I'd vote for the party who offer us a vote on membership of the EU...but as both major parties have broken their promise to give us a vote on the European Constitution, their promises are totally and utterly worthless.

Wouldn't trust either of 'em as far as I could throw 'em.
Well, there you go criticism of both Major Parties, you are in for some stick, unless we start a 'we talk just as much Bull**** but in the end, we want everyone to benefit Party'.

P.S. don't people accuse you of being a Lefty?

I personally am a, let's get together look at what's good and reject the rest sort of LibConLab Antioptimist.

Yeah right, so that's going to happen!

(Note to self, create a Fairy tale Manifesto the rest will believe as long as it ends, the Liberals/Conservatives/Labour Party ALL, LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 19:04   #4
God Member

what crack me up is since fox hunting got banned the chavs have taken it up by getting their dogs to rip the fox's apart in parks although i think they chase the foxes down using bmx bikes and corsa 1.2's or if a particular chav has had a good crop of weed they may splash out on a 1.6 saxo lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 20:59   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Antioptimist.
Yep, that word neatly sums up my approach to politics. In fact, I'm a lifelong member of the Ultra-Cynical wing of the Nihilist Party.

PS - I wasn't aware of anyone accusing me of being a Lefty (unless not believing that Accrington resembles Afghanistan makes me a Lefty). Gayle has accused me of being a Righty and a few have accused me of being a Numpty.
Old 26-12-2009, 21:08   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
BBC NEWS | Programmes | Politics Show | Conservatives - gaining ground?

So a priority for the Tory's if elected is to give a free vote to repeal the fox hunting ban.

Not much use to the common man that one is it?

I could be tempted though, if they or in fact any party would consider changing the smoking ban so that if establishments want to allow people to smoke they can do, a big sign outside saying 'this is a smoking establishment', would prevent the anti-smokers from entering by mistake into such a horrid atmosphere.

I think it would be a bigger vote winner than the fate of the fox.

Ok then how many gallons of beer will it take to get your vote then?

If they think that fox hunting is very very important then were in frig does that leave all the other issues at the bottom of the dung heap?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 00:13   #7
Give, give, give member

I don't know whether the Tories saying they'll have a free vote on fox hunting will be much of a vote winner for them.

The huntin', shootin', and beatin' brigade, will already be voting 100% Conservative.

It's the middle Englanders they've got to attract. The ones that voted Blair in three times, and they have decidedly wooly and liberal views, when it comes to makin cute li'l animals bleed on their pretty furry bodies.

As others have said, there would be much more attractive promises on issues which would be free votes. Such as stopping a total smoking ban, leaving the United Statees of Europe, or pulling all troops out of war zones.

I hardly think a free vote on fox hunting will sway many people to vote, either way.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 00:26   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if they think that is a vote winner,there even bigger cretins than i ever dreamed, like rindy says most of those that would vote to abolish it, are tories anyway, complete numpties.
Old 27-12-2009, 00:35   #9
Give, give, give member

How about a promise from any party which would stop the ludicrous anomaly we currently have, where Scottish M.P.s vote on issues which only affect English and Welsh laws.

That's ignoring the fact that we're supposed to be a united kingdom, yet Scottish students don't pay university fees, or old people don't have to sell their homes if they need residential care, and the fact that prescriptions are free for all in Wales.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 09:28   #10
Resting in Peace

To my way of thinkig this was one of the most stupid class ridden legislation's ever passed, I think since the law has been on the statute books only two people have been taken to court, to think so much parliamentary time was wasted on it, and its legislation that doesn't work and put thousands of jobs on the line. I for one had or still don't have too many thoughts on the matter really as you don't see to many horse riders in red coats chasing a pack of hounds through the streets of Hyndburn
Old 27-12-2009, 10:26   #11
God Member

id rather a party stepped forward and not only delivered but came through with a vote on been in the EU i havntgiven a toss about fox's since i out grew basil brush

i think from what iv heard of teh BNP they would simply pull out of teh EU without teh need of a vote but its a poor do when thats the only party that is preppared to stand up to the EU

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 27-12-2009, 10:51   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
id rather a party stepped forward and not only delivered but came through with a vote on been in the EU i havntgiven a toss about fox's since i out grew basil brush

i think from what iv heard of teh BNP they would simply pull out of teh EU without teh need of a vote but its a poor do when thats the only party that is preppared to stand up to the EU
UKIP have promised a referendum on withdrawal from the EU. Problem is, they're led by an even bigger toff than Cameron!
Old 27-12-2009, 10:54   #13
Resting in Peace

A-- FLOATING Voter,Don't tempt me I got some Nori's knocking about somewhere.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 12:55   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
UKIP have promised a referendum on withdrawal from the EU. Problem is, they're led by an even bigger toff than Cameron!
Ain't he jacked it in Wynonie, or is it his replacement your talking about,I ain't got much interest in UKIP never have had, but I know their ex-leader is standing against John Bercow (Speaker at the general) which very rarely happens, I actually thought that the speaker always went unopposed at general elections, but it seems its just an unwritten rule that all three major parties have subscribed to for many years, I can't remember the Speaker having to defend his seat in my time in politics
Old 27-12-2009, 13:03   #15
God Member

unwritten rules arnt worth jack unless its on paper he shoudl have to defend his seat if challenged regardless of who they are,mind you theres plenty of unwritten rules in polotics especially when it comes to money

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..