Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2010, 16:12   #31

Re: imposta The new cafe on abbey street.

Good good <3
Old 02-07-2010, 18:59   #32
Junior Member+

Re: Visit to the Imposta.

Today we visited the Imposta Coffee House Abbey Street on recommendation from an earlier thread by SarahLouise. We certainly agree with her. I got a Latte and a breakfast toastie.my partner had Hot Chocolate with marshmallow and cream + a toasted currant t-cake (the latter served with a knob of butter in a tiny heart shaped bowl). The food and drink was excellent and served up very quickly.The staff were very friendly and polite. We will definitely visit there again.
Greenwellies Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 19:27   #33

Great stuff, I had the breakfast toastie
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 20:32   #34

We went in there today and it was EXCELLENT. Great service, good food (the Toffee Apple flavoured muffin I had was SCRUMMY) all in all probably the nicest cafe in Accrington
ClarePritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 22:09   #35
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarePritchard View Post
We went in there today and it was EXCELLENT. Great service, good food (the Toffee Apple flavoured muffin I had was SCRUMMY) all in all probably the nicest cafe in Accrington
That sounds good i will try one next time.
Greenwellies Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 23:12   #36

Yeeyyy, look what ive started now :L haaha <3
Old 03-07-2010, 07:26   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
is it only me that gets the distinct wiff of tinned pork luncheon meat?
Ian

Your just too cynical it's a shame when as a new member my 15 year old daughter cant post a positive thread about a new local business without their having to be an ulterrior motive.(which there isn't)

There are plenty of examples of members reporting bad experiences with companies who are named on Accyweb but do we question if they have been posted by a competitor as a means of affecting their trade
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:18   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
Ian

Your just too cynical it's a shame when as a new member my 15 year old daughter cant post a positive thread about a new local business without their having to be an ulterrior motive.(which there isn't)

There are plenty of examples of members reporting bad experiences with companies who are named on Accyweb but do we question if they have been posted by a competitor as a means of affecting their trade
To be fair Hedman, we do get quite a lot of these types of thread of new businesses promoting in a disguised way. It went through my mind originally seeing as it appeared to be an 'over' complimentary report.

I think your daughter dealt with this criticism admirably to be honest and she laughed at Ian's post assuring us that she had no interest, and subsequently led to some of our members enjoying a new eating venue.

I am now going to give her some karma for that..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:19   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
To be fair Hedman, we do get quite a lot of these types of thread of new businesses promoting in a disguised way. It went through my mind originally seeing as it appeared to be an 'over' complimentary report.

I think your daughter dealt with this criticism admirably to be honest and she laughed at Ian's post assuring us that she had no interest, and subsequently led to some of our members enjoying a new eating venue.

I am now going to give her some karma for that..
Thank you I'm sure she will be grateful

Perhaps I come from a less cynical age when we took things at face value rather than having to have a such a cynical "whats in it for me attitude"

Oh to return to the good old days when honesty and integrity were the norm
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 20:52   #40

Thanks dad LOL, but i can promise you, i do not work for this cafe shop. i just really liked it, and thought i'd spread it all over accy web, because alot of buisnesses in accrington arent very good, so its a change <3
Old 03-07-2010, 23:23   #41
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
Oh to return to the good old days when honesty and integrity were the norm
Those 'good old days' were only ever a reality in fairy stories.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:43   #42
Beacon of light

I have to say, that influenced by this thread, Nicola and I took the opportunity to test out this establishment yesterday....by way of a celebratory coffee and cake session(Nicola had just been the 'Speaker' at the town hall, and it frayed her nerves just a little bit).

I have to say it is an oasis of charm(in a modern sort of way) in a town that is lacking in such areas.
I agree with all the very positive comments made. We enjoyed our coffee, and were served by a very handsome young man(always a bonus).
I am pretty sure that we will be visiting again.
Great stuff, and thanks to Sarah Louise for bringing it to our attention.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:05   #43

No Problem, im glad i could help. i bet imposta are getting alot of customers thanks to me! haha <3
Old 04-07-2010, 11:56   #44
Beacon of light

they said that they had been very busy yesterday, and I'm sure this publicity has helped....but the acid test is the quality and the service...and in my book both were excellent.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 13:07   #45
God Member

If it is of any interest to anyone, the shop concerned sold leather goods and tack up until the mid seventies. the lady who ran it, Mrs Sergeant, also had a house at the bottom of Avenue Parade where she used to give piano lessons, she also ran the Sunday School at the little chapel on Charter Street. I have very many happy memories of the time I spent under Mrs Sergeant's musical tuition; she was much nicer than that awfully snobby Bridges woman further up Avenue Parade.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..