Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2010, 13:14   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: imposta The new cafe on abbey street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
If it is of any interest to anyone, the shop concerned sold leather goods and tack up until the mid seventies. the lady who ran it, Mrs Sergeant, also had a house at the bottom of Avenue Parade where she used to give piano lessons, she also ran the Sunday School at the little chapel on Charter Street. I have very many happy memories of the time I spent under Mrs Sergeant's musical tuition; she was much nicer than that awfully snobby Bridges woman further up Avenue Parade.
Didn't you leather knickerbockers chafe against the piano stool?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-07-2010, 13:19   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
If it is of any interest to anyone, the shop concerned sold leather goods and tack up until the mid seventies. the lady who ran it, Mrs Sergeant, also had a house at the bottom of Avenue Parade where she used to give piano lessons, she also ran the Sunday School at the little chapel on Charter Street. I have very many happy memories of the time I spent under Mrs Sergeant's musical tuition; she was much nicer than that awfully snobby Bridges woman further up Avenue Parade.
Remember it well Bob, in fact i mentioned it on the other thread, gawd knows where thats gone, bought a great umbrella from it late 60s n had it fer donkeys years, which was a great achievement given the drunken states i used to get in.
Old 04-07-2010, 13:34   #48

what happen to the cafe near the town hall call moring .when they have waiting sevice then you pay when you finshed you meal.ps you now have 2 good cafe in accy now
new accy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 13:47   #49

meant the eating house in accy not far from market
new accy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 21:58   #50

Hi
I thought i would come on and have a look at the reviews after hearing from customers that there had been a few comments posted about my new coffee shop on the forum.

Thankyou very much for all your lovely reviews, they are much appriciated, and a real boost, especially thanks to Sarah Louise for starting the thread.

Im made up you're all enjoying it.
Thanks again.
Paul Williams @ impostacoffee
paulimpostacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 22:02   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Keep that standard up paul, n reckon yer on a winner. we shall be popping in again this week at some point.
Old 04-07-2010, 22:19   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimpostacoffee View Post
Hi
I thought i would come on and have a look at the reviews after hearing from customers that there had been a few comments posted about my new coffee shop on the forum.

Thankyou very much for all your lovely reviews, they are much appriciated, and a real boost, especially thanks to Sarah Louise for starting the thread.

Thanks again.
For the benefit of a couple of our cynical members can you confirm if you sell spam or not
Old 04-07-2010, 22:49   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimpostacoffee View Post
Hi

Thanks again.
Hi Paul, I've put some photos in The Gallery, all the best
Wadey and Lynn at Haslingden
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 23:41   #54
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
For the benefit of a couple of our cynical members can you confirm if you sell spam or not
Lol, worthy of reward.

Have a spam fritter karma nibble.

Old 07-07-2010, 20:58   #55
Senior Member+

is it child friendly?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 19:25   #56
God Member

It would appear that Cafe Wars have broken out in downtown Accy. However, never having visited any of these aforementioned establishments, could anyone advise if one is served by fully trained Baristas? One finds it so difficult to get a decent cup of Kopi Luwak (decaff) these days so I would be tempted to pop in to one of these places if someone could confirm in the affirmative that one's favourite coffee is not only available, but correctly served.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 19:31   #57
Beacon of light

I think you would be out of luck on that one Tealeaf.......I don't think the population of Accrington are ready for such sophisticated tastes......but you could phone ahead and give them the opportunity to provide you with your favourite brew. but I guess that you might have to tell them exactly how you want it served. I rather fancy there is a shortage of fully trained Baristas
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 19:35   #58
God Member

I shall take your advice and do that next time I'm back in Accy, which should be in about a weeks time.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 19:39   #59
Beacon of light

I like the place, and I enjoyed my little Saturday break there....and despite what Pigface says I didn't think it was overpriced......it was cheaper than, say Costa Coffee, or Starbucks.....and the personal service was prompt and efficient.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 19:47   #60
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I get the feeling that Pigface has got connections with one of the other cafe's mentioned, and is a little put out or worried about increased competition!

Best Regards - Taggy
It must be good, rejuvenating pig swill she's consuming.

The 'nearly retired' person, who has 'pupils', is acting, and posting, like an immature, childish, little oik.

Bless.

Finish your Horlicks.

Time for beddy-byes.

You've got school in the morning.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..