Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2005, 19:13   #91
Beacon of light

Re: In Our Thoughts!

And Vitty...yes, I do think that if the situation is verified that is should be exposed.....but in a non-sensationalist way......Not like the Ham Pizzas that the LET screamed about from the front pages.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-12-2005, 21:09   #92

Of course Indian Christians exist. Christian missionaries operated while the British administered the country.
vitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 21:51   #93
Give, give, give member

Come on Miss Tinks, is there any update from the school?

I hope you've not sold out to one of the Sunday papers, and will be pictured in something skimpy telling all next week.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 22:28   #94
God Member

Hope the lack of update aint because she skelp the teacher.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 04:55   #95
God Member

Perhaps she has been given detention for "being difficult and unappreciative of the sterling efforts of teaching staff". Naughty Tinks!

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 13-12-2005 at 04:57.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 05:30   #96
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Perhaps she has been given detention for "being difficult and unappreciative of the sterling efforts of teaching staff". Naughty Tinks!
it is quite possible that she has been mistaken for a pupil and is now been made to write letters to convicts as well

if you need a letter to get you out of school tinks ime sure somone here will write you one
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 09:34   #97
God Member

I've just had my answer sorry for not posting but the school was playing a game of 'pass the book'. These cards are for Amnesty International. The prisoner isn't in this country but yes it is true. The teacher I have just spoke to said she was just acting on her Head of Departments orders and I have to speak to him tomorrow, he's out practising for a carol service. My daughters card has been removed from being sent. I will post more when I can I just need to sit and calm down down for a littlw while, I'm livid!!!!
Old 13-12-2005, 09:42   #98
God Member

Tinks you have every right to be livid even though the cards are going abroad that is not the point. If you want the teacher skelped as a parent I will gladly oblige. Give that glaiket head of department both barrels regardless and make sure he is as upset as your daughter was.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-12-2005, 09:47   #99
God Member

I am livid Spug. I just don't understand it though. The teacher herself was no help, she just kept saying she was sorry and just acting on her Head of Departments orders, infact she did sound like she was sh***ing herself! I'll know more tomorrow when I have spoke to this Head of Dep. Apparently these cards go out all over the world, China, Russia were 2 that she mentioned. I just don't 'get it' at the minute! Why? Obviously none of you can answer it will be a question for the moron tomorrow!
Old 13-12-2005, 09:55   #100
Give, give, give member

Thanks for the update hun. You have every right to be livid. Good luck tomorrow.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 09:57   #101
God Member

Tiks had me worried enoughto ask my own daughter if the were sending cards from school. They are but to the local Old Peoples sheltered housing which was a relief. Her mum asked why I wanted to know and for the first time in years she didnt have an answer or a mouthful of words for me. She was struck dumb with shock.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-12-2005, 10:01   #102
mez
God Member

just remember tinks you have the backing of an awful lot of people , if its getting sticky tell them to read our postswhy involve schoolchildren is beyond me..... pc brigade .......i SPIT ON THEM.
Old 13-12-2005, 10:35   #103
God Member

Cheers Mez

What is this Amnesty International? Surely somthing they are involved in can not be bad and dangerous to children? Why did the teacher sound so nervous when she was speaking to me if it is a good thing? I'm so confused with it all my head is literally aching. The one small mercy in this is that it's not criminals from this country but why does Amnesty International think that these people deserve anyones, let alone school childrens thoughts at this time?
Old 13-12-2005, 10:39   #104
God Member

Another thing too! Why isn't parents consent sought before having the children make these cards?
Old 13-12-2005, 11:23   #105
Member.

Don't hope for to much Tinks.....these people are good at shouting and a little repressed when it comes to explaining there errors of judgement.

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..