Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2005, 12:30   #106
God Member

Re: In Our Thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Another thing too! Why isn't parents consent sought before having the children make these cards?

To be honest, I think that's the main issue. Surely they should have told you about it or asked permission?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-12-2005, 12:31   #107
God Member

Thankyou so much for that Doug, I'll be having a good read. See if I cn make any sense of this fiasco!
Old 13-12-2005, 12:36   #108
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
To be honest, I think that's the main issue. Surely they should have told you about it or asked permission?
Why would a teacher believe they needed parental consent for this when they can make judgements as to whether or not a parent should be informed of a child having an abortion?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 12:36   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Yes now that I know he's not in this country it is the main issue.

Also surely the school having any involvment with Amnesty International is not part of the school curriculm it must have been instigated by the teacher/teachers themselves?
Old 13-12-2005, 12:54   #110
God Member

totally agree with you there tinks....as you know i'm a school governer at a primary school in blackburn,i had a word with the headmaster about this and he thinks its pathetic,it shouldnt of been allowed without the parents consent first.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 13:07   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart
totally agree with you there tinks....as you know i'm a school governer at a primary school in blackburn,i had a word with the headmaster about this and he thinks its pathetic,it shouldnt of been allowed without the parents consent first.
Hello hun!!

That will be why the teacher was crapping in her pants they may well not be allowed and it will be the 1st thing I ask this moronic Head of Dept. tomorrow
Old 13-12-2005, 13:14   #112
God Member

you go girl...i wouldnt ask the teacher about it cos they can fob you off with anything.go straight to the chair of governors,(you can make an appointment through the head) governors hire and fire school staff and i'd want him/her to know all about what there staff are upto.
Old 13-12-2005, 13:23   #113
God Member

As I've just been explaining to vitty in a PM, becaue I don't know nothing of it or his case it makes me ignornt to the reasons. This guy might be a someone who hs been wrongfuly imprisoned, then we'd all look silly kicking up a fuss! The one thing I do believe in strongly is tht parental consent should have been given first. You know me when I have a bee in my bonnet I will get to the bottom of it!
Old 13-12-2005, 13:24   #114
God Member

Its been said for the people involved to read these post and they should. All the parents on here proberly asked their kids if it was happening and quite right to. Involve the school head, school goveners, other parents with children there, the Education department, council, papers the whole kit and cabboodle. I am behind you 101% on this and believe everyone else
wit or without childen are there with you to.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 13:32   #115
God Member

It's just a shame that this has only now come to our attention. If it had have been two or three weeks ago, then maybe there was a possibility that a card could have been sent to the following gentleman:

Stanley "Tookie" Williams

c/o San Quentin Prison

Los Angeles

Califonia

USA

With the following message underneath:

Seasonal Greetings from Accrington

We're so glad you won't be having a Merry Christmas!

Rot in Hell!

Alas, it would be a bit to late to do it now, because as of this morning Governor Arnie (God bless him) finally terminated the slimeball.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 13:58   #116
God Member

lol hahaha
Old 13-12-2005, 14:39   #117
Beacon of light

Tinks the issue isn't whether or not the guy is wrongly imprisoned.....or that he imprisoned in another part of the world.....the fact is the parents were not involved and the children were not given a choice...those are the issues in question.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 17:18   #118

As others have said Tinks we are all behind you. It doesn't matter who the prisoners are, or where they are, the school should have sought parental consent. Maybe they knew parents wouldn't agree and the dep head wouldn't get thanks from Amnesty International for his or her efforts. Whatever the reason behind this 'exercise' It was an unforgivable thing to do.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 17:48   #119
Resting in peace

I was a school governor for over 20 years, and this is TOTALLY WRONG.

Parental consent should have been sought in view of the recipients of the cards, and the teacher had absolutely no right whatsoever to insist that the children give their full names and addresses. You should take this up with the Chair of Governors, and ask for a full explanation and apology, although it's a bit late for that now. An assurance that it will never happen again might be useful, too. Personally, when I was chair of governors, I would have considered disciplining any teacher who behaved in such a way, and I would expect the governing body to back me.

Take it as far as you need to - it could safeguard somebody else's child.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 21:25   #120
Beacon of light

And I would want evidence that the card has NOT been sent.....in fact I would demand to have it given to me to be destroyed.....failing that, for it to be destroyed in front of me.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..