Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 18:16   #1
God Member

Angry In Our Thoughts!

My oldest daughter came home from school today and was telling me that during her R.I. lesson the class were told that they had to send Christmas cards to people who would otherwise receive none over the festive season.

What a lovely thought ………. Well hmm no I’m afraid not!

She went on to tell me that the teacher gave each pupil in her class a piece of paper with a picture and a few details about whom their card was to be designated to. My daughter’s recipient is a ‘gentleman’ serving a life sentence for rape and murder!

They were given a piece of script to put in the card, which was worded similar to ‘you are in our thoughts at this time’, along with there full name and what school they attend!

A few of the pupils themselves were uncomfortable sending out these cards, mainly due to the safety aspect, they were fobbed off by the teacher who told them that the school is a safe environment.

I’m sorry but I think this is really wrong, in fact I’m disgusted! Luckily for the school it was late when I got home so there was no one in school to take my call, but I will be having words with them on Monday about this!
Old 09-12-2005, 18:44   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: In Our Thoughts!

Expect to be on hold for a loooooong time I'm sure you won't be the only one ringing on Monday, Teachers claim to be members of a profession, thats why they are on good bucks for what they do, I used to object at some of the things they forced upon my children but this is the worst example of leading lambs to the slaughter I have seen from them for a very long time!

What good can come for the children? None! What good can come for the convicted criminal? None! Surely it would only be adding to any temptation these sick people are already living with?

Find me a bucket I want to be sick!

Then find me the teacher so I can empty the bucket!

To all that protect the INNOCENT!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 18:49   #3
God Member

Tinks if that had been my daughter put that I would break a cardinal rule and go and break the teachers jaw!!! If it was for orphans or underpriveliged kids I would have no problem but this is PC gone way over the top. This should not be allowed and the other parents I hope feel the same way as you. They cannot just fob of kids with the safty in school crud. Its not bl****. Sorry for some of the wording but as a parent I am mad a school has gone that far and upset the kids in the process the bunch of stuck up arrogent ******* with fewer ******* brains than a cabbage.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 18:51   #4

i can not belive this utter lunacy ..what teacher in their right mind would not see that this is totally wrong ..and for the children to give their full names .....it beggars belief that not one teacher questioned ...forget about the rant im booking a flight what school did you say it was again ?????? aaarrrrrgghhhhh!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 18:55   #5
God Member

Yes your probably right Less but what also concerns me is how many other children in this class have actually gone home and told their parents what has gone on today!

The other thing and it had better be answered adequately for me on Monday, is whether the school is aware what this teacher had the pupils doing in her lesson today!
Old 09-12-2005, 18:56   #6
God Member

What in hell has got into the teaching profession? That dosnt even rate a stupid its way beyond that. The head teacher needs their head examined as well for allowing it. Better move before I really start.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 19:00   #7
God Member

Yes I agree Spug I couldn't believe it when she was telling me. I just kept saying "I beg your pardon! She said you had to do what?"
Old 09-12-2005, 19:04   #8
Senior Member+

Just two words from me

ABSOLUTLEY DISGUSTING
Old 09-12-2005, 19:06   #9
I am Banned

thi sis totaly unbelievable and down right disgusting

your doughter had to sen a card to a rapist/murderer i am seriously wondering if any of her classmates have sent cards to pedophiles
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 19:08   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1

i am seriously wondering if any of her classmates have sent cards to pedophiles
I thought exactly the same thing chav!
Old 09-12-2005, 19:11   #11
I am Banned

now now folks lets not get carried away lets try to be policaly correct

nurders , rapists and pedophiles have feelings too
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 19:12   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
nurders , rapists and pedophiles have feelings too
That's a very christian thought chav, must have been these christian thought that thick teacher was having !

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 09-12-2005 at 19:27.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 19:13   #13
Roy
Administrator

This is utterly unbelievable!! Are some teachers really this stupid??

/By the way, whats an RI lesson?

Last edited by Roy; 09-12-2005 at 19:30.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 19:14   #14
God Member

Religious Instruction ............ R.E. to us Roy
Old 09-12-2005, 19:23   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just got back online thanks to mick- and the first thing i see is this,its all well and good being christian- but being stupid is something else, all i can say tinks is i'm glad mine are grown up i think i may have ended up in gaol for my response.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..