Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 09:49   #31
God Member

Re: Insult to Muslims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Interesting concept - how exactly are we going to fill these churches, considering that there don't seem to be enough Christians in this country to fill the ones we've got (which is why the muslims are turning them into mosques).
most of them get turned into houses not mosques with very good end results and if god dosnt like this he can show his face for once and do somthing about it but i wouldnt hold your breath lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2010, 09:55   #32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
most of them get turned into houses not mosques with very good end results and if god dosnt like this he can show his face for once and do somthing about it but i wouldnt hold your breath
lol
One of 'em near me been turned into a pub! Now that sort of change I like!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:13   #33
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Interesting concept - how exactly are we going to fill these churches, considering that there don't seem to be enough Christians in this country to fill the ones we've got (which is why the muslims are turning them into mosques).

Though apparently Christian churches are still popular places for traditionalist members of the English Defence League to have their wedding snaps taken.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:55   #34
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

I have an idea, but some might not like it, fill them with all the Religious Fanatics of all races, lock the doors and set fire to them, maybe then, we'll have peace on Earth.

No we won't, we still have to fight for the Oil, sorry, wrong again.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:02   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I have an idea, but some might not like it, fill them with all the Religious Fanatics of all races, lock the doors and set fire to them, maybe then, we'll have peace on Earth.

No we won't, we still have to fight for the Oil, sorry, wrong again.

if all goes well in teh falklands we may no longer need to rely on backward countries for their oil but thats only if somehow we can defeat argentina if they decide to insist the falklands are theirs again lol

then again i cant see government reducing costs of fuel simply because its too great an income for them and far be it from me to hint that polotitions are greedy but they are a filthy self indulgant breed who arnt happy until everyone is bled dry

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 09-04-2010, 12:22   #36

Quote:

I'm sure neither heth nor myself mentioned congregations (or lack of them), it was just a statement...........I'm sure that these buildings could be used for lots of things, which has happened in the past. I don't see why we have mosques on every other corner, and getting bigger as we speak.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:46   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
I don't see why we have mosques on every other corner, and getting bigger as we speak.
you cant have a muslim state unless you have an adequate amount of mosques for us all to go to when the day eventualy comes

Old 09-04-2010, 13:00   #38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
I'm sure neither heth nor myself mentioned congregations (or lack of them), it was just a statement...........I'm sure that these buildings could be used for lots of things, which has happened in the past. I don't see why we have mosques on every other corner, and getting bigger as we speak.
So what's the point of knocking down mosques and building churches if the number of church-goers is going down?
Old 09-04-2010, 13:09   #39
God Member

dont build new churches seems to be the most logical idea infact if any religion wants a new place of worship let their god provide it and again i advise not to hold your breath waiting

Old 09-04-2010, 13:16   #40
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
dont build new churches seems to be the most logical idea infact if any religion wants a new place of worship let their god provide it and again i advise not to hold your breath waiting
Would agree. Far more worrying is the number of pubs closing down!
Old 09-04-2010, 13:37   #41

Quote:
So what's the point of knocking down mosques and building churches if the number of church-goers is going down?
How did this conversation get to knocking down anything
LYNX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 13:38   #42
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Luckily Methodists in Clitheroe have managed to find someone to buy and use their redundant church.

Officers approve mosque in Clitheroe (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Old 09-04-2010, 14:45   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Now that is a concern Wyn, and also the price of the commodity they sell
Old 09-04-2010, 14:47   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Luckily Methodists in Clitheroe have managed to find someone to buy and use their redundant church.

Officers approve mosque in Clitheroe (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Well they have one thing in common, neither are supposed to drink alcohol
Old 09-04-2010, 14:49   #45
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well they have one thing in common, neither are supposed to drink alcohol

...and just you watch those fish bones.

Tonight be Friday.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..