Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 18:02   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Insult to Muslims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
You forgot to mention 'And a benefits magnet for every Fritz, Goran and Abdul who cares to take advantage of the unfettered bonanza courtesy of the UK tax-payer!' Lol.

Touche - with an accent over the e :-))
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2010, 18:07   #62
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Touche - with an accent over the e :-))
Just put it in google next time, they'll stick one on for nowt.

touché
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 19:14   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Should you so desire to see how effective a 50' Cal is in the Sniper role read this & view the clip. (PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CLIP IS NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH, IT SHOWS ACTUAL FOOTAGE OF SNIPERS DOING THEIR JOB)

Good Shot!!! Video of Canadian snipers in Afghanistan
Careful, this might ruin our nice-guy image, eh
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 19:37   #64
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
sorry knocking down what?? who are you?? what we talking about??!!??!!
Search me...I've been up the pub.
Old 09-04-2010, 19:39   #65
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Sorry Stumped, but this is not a "Damned Country" - this is the Sceptered Isle, set in a Silver'd Sea - our England - Yes, Perfidious Albion, but England, for all thy faults I love thee still.
...but not quite enough to live here, eh, Barrie?
Old 09-04-2010, 19:50   #66
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Careful, this might ruin our nice-guy image, eh
Doubt it very much, looking at it I'd definitely say you're still the nice guys. I mean, when you've got Vermin.... you call in the exterminators right ?? So when they turn up & get the Job done you're just real Happy about it !!
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:08   #67
Resting in Peace

Temp dumping ground I will remove later

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
...and just you watch those fish bones.

Tonight be Friday.

What planet have you been on that went out over 40 years ago
Old 10-04-2010, 09:43   #68
God Member

sorry, but I would have thought Army shooting ranges were "off limits " to civilians (Mullahs) , so who has complained ? a member of HMs forces ? would think if that is the case the complainer is wearing the wrong uniform
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:11   #69
God Member

Just had another look at the title of the thread .... and in answer to the implied question: it is not an insult to muslims; it's an insult to that active, vocal, twisted minority of muslims who feel that they are on this planet for the sole purpose of being insulted by christmas trees, second hand bacon smoke, third rate novels, Danish cartoons, and probably the Canadian women's hockey team.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:33   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...but not quite enough to live here, eh, Barrie?
I would love to live back there and may do so in a year or so - my late wife did not like the changes we had seen in UK over the last 20 years or so of working overseas, so we bought a house in France
We abided by the laws and customs of wherever we were. If we wanted to go to Church in Saudi, the only places where you could do that was in one of the Christian Embassies.
I do expect immigrants to UK to follow our laws and customs, and not try and change things to suit their particular needs.
The 20 years does not include the 18 year of Military Service.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:00   #71
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
sorry, but I would have thought Army shooting ranges were "off limits " to civilians (Mullahs) , so who has complained ? a member of HMs forces ? would think if that is the case the complainer is wearing the wrong uniform
Normally not ! perhaps some civilian employers may work on the Ranges but they are usually vetted. Apparently there is a road that runs nearby & it was from there they were seen.

Anyway its all crap as I stated earlier the targets appear between the buildings, Mr. Ishtiaq Ahmed the vocal indignant one, representing "Bradford Council for Mosques" (this of somewhat lesser importance than the assumed Muslim Nation) apparently likes the sound of his own voice, hence the outrage & condemnation.

His statement :-

'Anyone looking at it will think about mosques and Muslims and think about them in a negative way.'

Sadly that is already the case due to people like Mr. Ishtiaq Ahmed & others like him, who continually bleat on about their religion being victimized & Demonized ! Well who's fault is that ? You stop blowing up innocents & people may well start to listen, the IRA eventually got the message but that was to late for the countless victims & their families.

As often enough mentioned, should people not like the British way of life & doing things feel free to leave ! I do believe there is a very good Airport at Leeds/Bradford ! right on Mr. Ahmeds doorstep .......... TAXI !!!

British army using replica mosques for target practice « Aftermath News
Old 16-04-2010, 15:29   #72
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Just to get back on track here, if they've got a problem with the Military using cut outs that (ALLEGEDLY) represent Mosques. I don't recommend a Holiday trip to Belgium this Summer & it seems like other European Countries may well be following suit. Maybe other Countries Politicians are beginning to take note of their electorate after all ?

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | World News :: Belgium heading for first burka ban

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 16-04-2010 at 15:31.
Old 17-04-2010, 09:25   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Just to get back on track here, if they've got a problem with the Military using cut outs that (ALLEGEDLY) represent Mosques. I don't recommend a Holiday trip to Belgium this Summer & it seems like other European Countries may well be following suit. Maybe other Countries Politicians are beginning to take note of their electorate after all ?

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | World News :: Belgium heading for first burka ban
Do you actually think that will ever happen in this country Dave, hell will freeze over first
Old 17-04-2010, 09:31   #74

If they insist on using mosques to hide in and to use as a base for terrorist activities then we should also be able to use them to practise.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 17:08   #75
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Do you actually think that will ever happen in this country Dave, hell will freeze over first
I would like to think that one of the pretenders to the throne of No. 10, would actually realise they've passed from silly little School boys & are now classed as Men. That means they should've grown some by now. So if they want the accolades, they should be prepared to make some hard & painful decisions for the benefit of the people who put them there !!

Still like you say, I won't be planning a Skiing Holiday in Hell just yet or for the foreseeable future, sadly.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..