Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2009, 11:15   #1
Senior Member+

Iran Riots

Getting pretty intence over there at the moment, a few graphic reports have come out.

No re-vote will happen as the supream leader has said. So riots have now started and already protesters have been killed.

How long before the UN get involved.

Going to be a lot of blood shead I feel.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2009, 21:21   #2
God Member

Re: Iran Riots

Thing is though the authorities will crush it and as they fear it they blame the west. Its ironic that what they fear is exactly what got them into power in the first place.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 21:59   #3
God Member

what ?

unrest in the East

wow what a shocker

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 01:45   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Thing is though the authorities will crush it and as they fear it they blame the west. Its ironic that what they fear is exactly what got them into power in the first place.
Don't know if the "authorities" will crush this one. From what I read and see in the media there is no monolithic "authorities" in Iran right now. I think that in this situation, what happened at the end of the Soviet Union is probably an appropriate model to look at. There is disunity and disagreement amongst the leading clerics .... there is no one strong unified voice other than that which is speaking in the protests.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 03:53   #5
God Member

"little" Ali Reza (the Crown Prince) has been all over the US media for the last few days ....... not that I would ever suggest that certain intellignce agencies have anything to do with the civic unrest we are seeing in Tehran .

there is an old Iranian saying (going back to the days of Willian D'Arcy and the founding days of BP)......If you lift/look under a mullahs beard you will find a sign/tattoo saying 'made in England ' .....many a true word spoke in jest

wander from original theme ....Farah Diba the Shahbanu ranks in my top ten list of the worlds most beautifull women
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 07:22   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
wander from original theme ....Farah Diba the Shahbanu ranks in my top ten list of the worlds most beautifull women
Can't argue with you on that one.

What a stunner.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 09:47   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

What a stunner.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Rindi
Old 22-06-2009, 13:10   #8
God Member

Quote:

What a stunner.

cheers mate i totaly forgot i had to post a parcell to day , thanx for the reminder

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 19:27   #9
God Member

Quote:

What a stunner.
looks like they've given up on Susan Boyle's latest make-over!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 16:54   #10
God Member

Listening to the radio last evening .... some academic from the UK mentioned that the number of votes cast exceeded the number of eligible voters by over 3 million .... this is what the mullahs referred to as "some minor irregularities."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..