Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: should william hague resign
yes 6 66.67%
no 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2014, 09:02   #16
Super Moderator

Re: iraq and syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
actually william hague did vote in favour but i think tony blair entered with good intentions but power went to his head. i know the next comment will be unfavourable but some of these middle eastern countries have a dictatorial style of leadership for a reason. it shows how lucky the labour party treated the working class after world war 2 ,lets hope the labour party get back to basics .
Good intentions!!??...just how stupid are you? After all the deceit over weapons of mass destruction? All Blair was concerned about was dragging this country into an unnecessary war to further his own image as a "world statesman". Fortunately it backfired spectacularly on him and everyone can now see him for what he is, but not before the war had taken the lives of hundreds of British lads and lasses and 100,000 Iraqis.
Old 17-06-2014, 08:10   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Ouch!! Don't you go beating about the bush
I don't consider it beating around the bush considering just how many threads cmon starts.... and threads with stupid annoying pointless polls at that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
tony blair entered with good intentions but power went to his head.
I guess in the same way as "the road to hell"
Old 17-06-2014, 12:04   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

iraq and syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I don't consider it beating around the bush
When Blair got involved it wasn't beating around the bush it was full blown arse licking the bush and booger the consequences!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2014, 11:29   #19

I came across a Huffington Post item yesterday. It's a video of a meeting held in the USA and shows a young Muslim woman posing a question to a panel of four. She had a very courteous response from the first speaker. However, I, together with the young woman, was most impressed with the answer given by the second speaker.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...?utm_hp_ref=uk
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2014, 12:45   #20
Beacon of light

I think that the panellist was absolutely on the button.
The peaceful Muslims are irrelevant.
Only when these peaceful Muslims stand up together against those who perpetrate barbaric acts in the name of Islam will there be any change.......and it isn't going to come anytime soon.
It is an ideological conflict.....and the ideology is medieval...it has no place in the modern world.

and just as an aside.....the headline accuses the panel of taunting the questioner, but I didn't see it as such....it was a good question and the answer was just as good and totally relevant...there was no name calling, no personal slurs......just an answer.
Eric and Lucysgirl like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-06-2014 at 12:48.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..