Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 16:09   #1

Is it summat in the water...???

....or is Accy web changing?

May just be me being overly sensitive (ie hormonal lol), but Accy web seems to be changing from a friendly site, with harmless bantering and chat, to posts that I find close to offensive, or just not what I want to read.

From shooting cats and chavs, swearing and just the overall tone of some posts,things just appear to be canging for the worst.

And yes I know, before someone else happily points out, I dont have to read or participate or log on. Fact is I used to love coming on the forum, wouldnt have any concerns of what I was about to read and so on.

And this isnt a dig at the mods, they do a great job at trying to keep everyone happy, more the lack or thought behind some peoples posts. Yes they may be sticking 'loosely' to the guidelines, but not what maybe used to be a good environment?

As I say, may just be me...
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2008, 16:28   #2
God Member

Re: Is it summat in the water...???

I can't say I have noticed much change ..... maybe it's the heat of the long summer (well here it is any way) .... and the fact that not much seems to be happening in the world apart from the Olympics (yawn) .... a general election campaign, a royal scandal, a natural disaster, Paris Hilton joining a nunnery ... these things might spark some debate .... and the swearing thing? Can't say as how I have noticed .... but then, some mild swearing seems to be more acceptable for Canadians than it is for you guys .... There again ... it might be something in the water making folks unhappy .....

Remember that Canada has most of the world's fresh water .... so maybe I could send some over .... I'm sure we could spare the odd lake or two

Then again, Onlyme, it migh be only you
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:26   #3
Resting in Peace

I think that it is only few people that use bad language,shows a definite lack of education and limited knowledge of alternative adjectives.

Bit like an underachieving dwarf,It's not big and It's not clever.He He!

Last edited by Benipete; 08-08-2008 at 01:29.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:31   #4
Senior Member+

no i totally agree with the OP. i'm finding myself just browsing for maybe 2-3 mins and then changing sites i just dont feel like its somewhere i could log on to and just jabber away or what not
there's always digs at other users always a certain uncomfortable tone in alot of the posts and there just at times out and out cussing other users for their beliefs and actions.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..