Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2014, 09:39   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Is It Time For Me To Fight?

It is not about being racist. It is about being able to tell it like it is without all this PC crap.
Labelling someone racist is an easy way to halt any discussion on ANYTHING.
The developments in Rotherham, Rochdale, Reading and many other places prove that.....and it seems to me that racism is a one way street...only white people can be called racist......when in actual fact there is much racism from other ethnic groups.

During my long career I had the privilege of working with many races and creeds. I got on with all of them, because there was a level of respect for the culture and differences of each of them.
It seems that the aims to make the UK multicultural have had an adverse effect because w e can see(from personal experience) that some races seem to be pandered to and we have had our own culture diluted. We are tolerant of their culture, their religion, their way of life....but due to those who invoke the racist card it makes it seem that they are intolerant of our culture, our religions and our way of life.
Now if you want to call me a racist because I have expressed these views with honesty and transparency, then be my guest. I won't be changing my ideas anytime soon.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-08-2014, 10:06   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

And for the record accyexplorer, I'd rather you knew what yeh were actually talking about, a silly notion i know, but thats me being open and honest.
Old 31-08-2014, 10:37   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Fight back. Go into the takeaway again and IF they ask for your order just walk out.
Nah Frank, it's even better to put an order in then wait until they're ready to cash up ... then walk out.

Yeah, yeah, juvenile & petty I know, but extremely gratifying. Of course you can never use said establishment ever again mind unless they change ownership.
Old 31-08-2014, 10:43   #19
Beacon of light

Better still ring up(best use someone else's mobile - preface the call with the number which hides your number) make a gigantic order and give them a fictitious address
Don't get mad...get even!
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 31-08-2014, 11:02   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It has everything to do with ethnicity.....if one of their own kind had gone into the shop you can be pretty sure they would have got first class service.
It used to be like that in many places in Wales. You could walk into a shop and they would be speaking English and as soon as you spoke they would revert to speaking Welsh.

As I said Less, they obviously can do without your money....so spend it elsewhere.
the welsh stunt happened to one of our members here who dosnt come on much anymore but what they didnt realise was that she had lived in wales a long time and spoke their language and called them something not so nice in their own tongue.

as for less's problem it is supposed to be considered ignorant for asians to use non english language infront of people but its often deliberatly done and mostly by the younger asians. The only time i hear an asian pal of mine speaking it is when on the phone to his grandfather or other family member who isnt too good with english

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 11:02   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Better still ring up(best use someone else's mobile - preface the call with the number which hides your number) make a gigantic order and give them a fictitious address
Don't get mad...get even!
That's just pure unadulterated wickedness that ... but immensely indulgent!
Old 31-08-2014, 11:15   #22
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the welsh stunt happened to one of our members here who dosnt come on much anymore but what they didnt realise was that she had lived in wales a long time and spoke their language and called them something not so nice in their own tongue.

as for less's problem it is supposed to be considered ignorant for asians to use non english language infront of people but its often deliberatly done and mostly by the younger asians. The only time i hear an asian pal of mine speaking it is when on the phone to his grandfather or other family member who isnt too good with english
When I was growing up we used to go camping in Wales....and this kind of thing happened a lot. It caused my mother to learn Welsh(she is fluent in 13 languages)...it transpired that Welsh people using the shop paid different prices for their goods......with those speaking english paying a premium.
Mother learning Welsh and speaking it meant that she got stuff at the same price as the locals.
Old 31-08-2014, 12:19   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

It happened to me n mate in a pub on Angelsey mid/late 60s they immiediatley switched to Welsh as soon as we ordered a couple of pints.even the barman, big mistake, we switched to "liverpool back slang" n really insulted the obnoxious gets.
Old 31-08-2014, 13:27   #24
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
we switched to "liverpool back slang" n really insulted the obnoxious gets.
There you go see, there are some redeeming qualities to us Scousers.
cashman and westendlass like this.
Old 31-08-2014, 13:51   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Would it of made a difference if it was a English run establishment and you was still ignored?,would you still of come on here to spout your "brown jobs" hocus pocus? Hmmm
Well, it's good to know that someone who thinks Tourettes is funny is at least anti-racist. Just goes to show no-one is all bad.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 14:50   #26
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

I don't need a white world, but I do need to be seen by people of a brown persuasion.

The Calder Ward at the Royal Blackburn Hospital is maybe the place to start Less?
Accyexplorer likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 14:55   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
It is not about being racist. It is about being able to tell it like it is without all this PC crap.
Labelling someone racist is an easy way to halt any discussion on ANYTHING.
The developments in Rotherham, Rochdale, Reading and many other places prove that.....and it seems to me that racism is a one way street...only white people can be called racist......when in actual fact there is much racism from other ethnic groups.

During my long career I had the privilege of working with many races and creeds. I got on with all of them, because there was a level of respect for the culture and differences of each of them.
It seems that the aims to make the UK multicultural have had an adverse effect because w e can see(from personal experience) that some races seem to be pandered to and we have had our own culture diluted. We are tolerant of their culture, their religion, their way of life....but due to those who invoke the racist card it makes it seem that they are intolerant of our culture, our religions and our way of life.
Now if you want to call me a racist because I have expressed these views with honesty and transparency, then be my guest. I won't be changing my ideas anytime soon.
It was the context in which Less made the " they the brown jobs" remark that I thought was slightly racist M, I agree with 99% of your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
And for the record accyexplorer, I'd rather you knew what yeh were actually talking about, a silly notion i know, but thats me being open and honest.
Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Well, it's good to know that someone who thinks Tourettes is funny is at least anti-racist. Just goes to show no-one is all bad.
Folk can find humour in many different things G (even racism),even though to some folk them things can seem a bit twisted (like Tourette's).
Take South Park's episode on Tourette's as another example....there was a few parts that actually made me laugh out loud. But personally, I feel rather bad for those folk with Tourette's lord knows what they're struggling with on a day to day basis.

Anyway, you 'the white jobs' No more name calling of folk because of skin pigmentation

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 15:11   #28
Beacon of light

You see....I find nothing at all funny in South Park or any of that kind of comedy and I think Frankie Boyles type of humour is appalling.......and in very bad taste.
shillelagh likes this.
Old 31-08-2014, 15:20   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
You see....I find nothing at all funny in South Park or any of that kind of comedy and I think Frankie Boyles type of humour is appalling.......and in very bad taste.
Must just be a generation thing M, however, I do see where you are coming from

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 16:05   #30
God Member

tourettes can be highly amusing infact hillarious as a sufferer from the condition not only proved but also made a lot of money from by making karaoke tourettes cd's

most of his work can be found easily on youtube and he has his own fan site which i wont post links to either as its a family forum and i think its safe to assume most know what kind of language can be used.

his lady in red cover is hillarious but as he released more songs his bad language got less so i guess in a way hes curing himself by using teh power of music lol

if hes ever exposed as a fraud he will be F'd
Accyexplorer likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..