Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2014, 16:15   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Is It Time For Me To Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Must just be a generation thing M, however, I do see where you are coming from
Yes...I think you are right about it being generational.
I am at the butt end of my life and would not have it any other way...there are things going on in the world which make me despair for humanity.

I feel as though the generation I belong to is obsolete now...we are obsolete...what we stood for is obsolete.
Just how I see it.
Lucysgirl likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-08-2014, 16:27   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes...I think you are right about it being generational.
I am at the butt end of my life and would not have it any other way...there are things going on in the world which make me despair for humanity.

I feel as though the generation I belong to is obsolete now...we are obsolete...what we stood for is obsolete.
Just how I see it.
I'm sadly incline to agree M, however I'm sure you've had quite a impression on some and passed your morals etc on....will it be enough to turn the world around? Hmmm

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 16:32   #33
Beacon of light

I know that I have influenced some people...i have evidence of this...but it is no good passing on your morals and ethics if no-one takes a blind bit of notice.
I just think that some people have little in the way of a moral and ethical compass.

My motto is 'would you like someone to do that to you?'
If the answer is 'NO' then it is obvious that you wouldn't do it to someone else.
All life has consequences......but there are some who would readily blame others for the consequences which blight their lives.
What you give out - you get back...Karma.
Less and Accyexplorer like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 17:44   #34
God Member

What immigrants have to realize is that there is a difference between "diverse" and "divisive" ... And divisiveness is what was being shown at that particular business. If anyone is fostering racism, it's the assholes running that business, not the customer who is made to feel a second class citizen in the country of his birth. As I've mentioned before, Canadian government policy is to support the state of Israel, not because of pressure from the Jewish community, but because the Canadian Government (altho' Tories) believe it is the right thing to do, and is in Canada's best interests.

I could say more ... but I gotta take my munchkin for a walkie.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 18:46   #35
God Member

Mmm ... think my post was a little confused and incomplete. And "no" I'm not stoned ... yet. ... just busy fending off critters. But, after all my posts, most folks on here know my position on most things. Come to think of it, my favorite position will be the same as my age, come December 1.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 18:57   #36
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well, I suspect the majority on here agree with me, we've had s terrorist alert update, we've had an idiot on site claiming in several posts that he finds my 'brown job' statement to be racist, but hang on you moron, I've worked with these folk not just here but also abroad. They are brown jobs, to them I am s white job, and black man is a black job, whatever the colour we worked together and took the pee.
No one put their race first, we got on with the job.
Only here do I find a problem of races denying we have an different colour.

Hey be proud of being purple if that happens to be your colour, but don't use it to make the white job feel uncomfortable in your company.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 19:15   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, I suspect the majority on here agree with me, we've had s terrorist alert update, we've had an idiot on site claiming in several posts that he finds my 'brown job' statement to be racist, but hang on you moron, I've worked with these folk not just here but also abroad. They are brown jobs, to them I am s white job, and black man is a black job, whatever the colour we worked together and took the pee.
No one put their race first, we got on with the job.
Only here do I find a problem of races denying we have an different colour.

Hey be proud of being purple if that happens to be your colour, but don't use it to make the white job feel uncomfortable in your company.
To be fair, I did state i only found your remark "slightly racist"....I enjoyed the rest of your post.....But bravo Less, I expect your 'UKIP brigade' will give you a like or two

password--Accyweb
Old 31-08-2014, 19:25   #38

Re: Re: Is It Time For Me To Fight?

Quote:
To be fair, I did state i only found your remark "slightly racist"....I enjoyed the rest of your post.....But bravo Less, I expect your 'UKIP brigade' will give you a like or two
I've never been able to back cycle the way you do, I always think before I post.
Whatever I think about may be trash, but I do think enough not to try such a creeping turn around as you just have.
PLEASE, do as I've advised, THINK then post.
Old 31-08-2014, 19:26   #39

I for one would not like my sister to marry a purple one!
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 19:30   #40

Quote:
By the way I have never, nor do I expect to align myself to any political party, that would leave me without freedom to call them and you, absolute ace holes.
Old 31-08-2014, 19:40   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
I've never been able to back cycle the way you do, I always think before I post.
Whatever I think about may be trash, but I do think enough not to try such a creeping turn around as you just have.
PLEASE, do as I've advised, THINK then post.
It must be my meds that make me think or 'not think' the way I do,perhaps I shouldn't mix them with cannabis

I've never said you talk trash (but if the cap fits) and for the record I still think your "brown jobs" remark was 'slightly racist'

I'll try to think more before typing in future (for you)

password--Accyweb
Old 31-08-2014, 19:48   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:

Not just for Less, the rest of us would appreciate it also!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 19:52   #43

Quote:
It must be my meds that make me think or 'not think' the way I do,perhaps I shouldn't mix them with cannabis

I've never said you talk trash (but if the cap fits) and for the record I still think your "brown jobs" remark was 'slightly racist'

At the risk of a ban, may I just say, what a load of crap, you talk crap, you post crap, apologise for the crap you've posted, hope your crap won't be noticed.
Well, I'm sorry to tell you, not only do I see your crap, but the world sees it as well.
THINK (if you can), before you post.

Do that for me, then maybe, just maybe, you could be an asset to the site.
Old 31-08-2014, 20:11   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
At the risk of a ban, may I just say, what a load of crap, you talk crap, you post crap, apologise for the crap you've posted, hope your crap won't be noticed.
Well, I'm sorry to tell you, not only do I see your crap, but the world sees it as well.
THINK (if you can), before you post.

Do that for me, then maybe, just maybe, you could be an asset to the site.
That's where your wrong Less, I don't hope my 'crap' won't be noticed, if I did I wouldn't post my 'crap' in the first place, it's very rare I apologise for any 'crap' I post.
And don't apologise I agree most of my replies to you are 'crap'

password--Accyweb
Old 31-08-2014, 20:13   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Not just for Less, the rest of us would appreciate it also!
Ok, as much as I enjoy talking "crap", I'll give it a go for everyone on site

password--Accyweb

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..