Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2008, 21:29   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Is no one in the Mood

gotta say am looking forward to sat night in the Brewers. plus seeing me lad who will be up from london. so sod it i will enjoy it.
Old 23-12-2008, 21:34   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
gotta say am looking forward to sat night in the Brewers. plus seeing me lad who will be up from london. so sod it i will enjoy it.
Great Cashy !! So what if we only get together at Christmas .. better than nowt 'aint it !
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 21:37   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Great Cashy !! So what if we only get together at Christmas .. better than nowt 'aint it !
it sure is kate. shame though he won't be coming to the brewers.
Old 23-12-2008, 21:41   #19
Resting in Peace

Didn't concentrate on your post .. sorry.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 21:55   #20
God Member

Yep im in the mood. for xmas as well

Nah seriously have been more organised than usual this year all pressies wrapped and sent to santa , so just waiting for the man in the red furry suit to decide if i have been good enough to pay a visit to

Bring it on santa, Ive got the carrots ready for the reindeers and a glass of wine for yo ho ho..............
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 22:04   #21
Senior Member+

Ive just been told there will be 16 people joining us for dinner at my mums......and i dont have to cook this year she has a tiny kitchen and i wont be able to turn around lol so she has roped my little sister in instead (awww, poor leah )

I have one more gift to buy, a hairdryer.......for my 18 year old brother !! thats what he asked me for!!!! well he actually wanted straightners but santas fetching him them lol

I'm gunna miss my traditional christmas wrapping bottle of wine

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 22:45   #22
Senior Member+

I am not feeling at all festive, maybe different when I finish work tomorrow! ( if the man in my life wasn't miles away it may help! )
Old 23-12-2008, 22:55   #23
God Member

I'm not in the mood either, though my two little ones are really excited and have been for weeks I'm smothered in a cold and to top it all Sparkologist has scored 4000 odd at Mahjong Connect so will be rubbing my nose in that too, lol
Old 23-12-2008, 23:03   #24
Give, give, give member

I think there is a tendency to be reflective at this time of year.

It pinpoints the calendar so definitely, and we look back and remember Christmases past. Mainly I think because it's so magical when you're a child, but also because some loved ones are no longer with us.

Remember that today is tomorrow's memory, so enjoy the moment that is now.

A very merry Christmas to you all.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 23:26   #25
God Member

So very, very true Garinda. Lovely post
Old 23-12-2008, 23:32   #26
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Yet another Christmas thread, (yawn), still, this ones happier than the last one, all the best to those that post here or read it, we all need this Christmas Cheer.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 10:08   #27
Resting in Peace

Well I'm going to enjoy Christmas, always do, hope to go to both my Daughters homes over the next few days, just hope no one has a cold or the like or I won't be going anywhere
Old 24-12-2008, 10:55   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
I have not yet found anyone in the Christmas mood.... plenty are in a mood but not the right one: all I get is Oh be glad when its all over... and I have seen very few happy faces whilst out doing my shopping:
I know times are hard, but flipping heck, it is meant to be Christmas...
Peace and Good Will to all and all that.... If only it would snow, that may make the moral better....
Well stuff em, with the turkey I am not listening to any Negative Comments about Christmas : Anymore:

So I will take this opportunity to wish you all a:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year:
Mind you Magpie...it probably helps the spirit when a certain someone goes Christmas Shopping but leaves her purse at home...then gets someone else to pay for the stuff eh??? No names of Course!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 13:09   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I'm going to enjoy Christmas, always do, hope to go to both my Daughters homes over the next few days, just hope no one has a cold or the like or I won't be going anywhere
This will cheer you up John.

http://joecarr.ca/xmas/graphics/icqxmas.swf

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 13:19   #30
God Member

I'm in the xmas spirit to the extent that I feel my brother and sister's excitement and I have been walking around singing xmas songs out loud. I'm a bit peeved that I've only just been paid for my work from the beginning of the month. When they said 'before xmas' I didn't really think it'd be xmas bloody eve. Nevermind, I have to buy a text book anyway. Still, you'd think they'd get it sorted out a little bit earlier for us poor students
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..