Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 15:37   #16
God Member

Re: Is Sarah Kennedy a racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
The'd have had something to moan about if she'd knocked the guy down an killed him, It is high time the coloured people stopped being so damn touchy and using any old excuse to shout foul. It's becoming boring listening to them moan about the most trivial slip of the tongue, Black is Black White is White you cannot alter the fact.
I'll second that Ianto. You can't say anything these days without being accused of racism. It's pathetic.
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2007, 15:38   #17
God Member

i think its fact, she wasnt being racist at all, its exactly the same as kids wearing hoodies in the dark, you cant see them at all
Old 01-11-2007, 15:57   #18
Resting in Peace

how stupid.... this country is going to the dogs... lets all roll over now shall we:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 16:04   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i think its fact, she wasnt being racist at all, its exactly the same as kids wearing hoodies in the dark, you cant see them at all
Let's face it though, it was quite funny .. just think some folks have no sense of humour.

Will at least do some good and draw their attention to this danger. (hoodies and whites too)
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 16:04   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Was it racist? Of course it was, she is a white woman making a joke about a person of a different skin.

Was it deliberately meant to harm anyone? Of course not!

I have worked in places where there have been many people of different ethnic backgrounds and yet no matter what we called each other, (and compared to Sarah Kennedy, (who I can't stand)),

Our remarks to each other should have caused WWIII, but we knew there were boundaries, said with a smile and being ready to be called 'white sh*t', and laugh was as harmful to me as working in a dark tunnel was to the darker coloured workers, we ALL had to smile to be seen!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 16:23   #21
Resting in Peace

She was probably given that line anyway by the Production team .. ok her choice whether to use it or not, but was most likely persuaded.

Terry Wogan's funny asides almost all come from script writers that are shoved in his hand during his show,of which, he will willingly admit.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 16:25   #22
God Member

I would be very surprised if she kept her job. Didn't Jim Bowen get sacked from Radio Lancs. a few years ago for calling someone a nig-nog? When I was young the term nig-nog was used to describe someone acting a bit daft or stupid, which was the way Jim Bowen meant it. Made no difference though, he went down the road.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 16:25   #23
Resident Waffler

But she didn't say anything derogatory about black people did she? If she'd said they were too thick to realise they couldn't be seen now THAT would have been racist and offensive and deserving of a complaint.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 16:26   #24
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
When I was young the term nig-nog was used to describe someone acting a bit daft or stupid, which was the way Jim Bowen meant it. Made no difference though, he went down the road.
I was often called a nig-nog when I was at school.

Old 01-11-2007, 16:28   #25
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I was often called a nig-nog when I was at school.
If I was a nig nog I'd be annoyed to be associated with you Willow!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 16:34   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWisp
But she didn't say anything derogatory about black people did she?
Neither did Jim. Someone phoned in and made what he considered to be a silly remark so he told her not to be a nig-nog.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 16:38   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I would be very surprised if she kept her job. Didn't Jim Bowen get sacked from Radio Lancs. a few years ago for calling someone a nig-nog? When I was young the term nig-nog was used to describe someone acting a bit daft or stupid, which was the way Jim Bowen meant it. Made no difference though, he went down the road.
He also had a dog called Sambo which didn't help his cause
Old 01-11-2007, 17:20   #28
Senior Member+

some of these "uproars" remind me of the crowd in south park cartoons that just shout rabble rabble rabble

no i think she was bang on - i've nearly hit a few ppl myself cause i didnt see them at the last second

and these days so many people have so little respect to crossing the road htey just think that they're immortal
Old 01-11-2007, 17:32   #29
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If I was a nig nog I'd be annoyed to be associated with you Willow!

Old 01-11-2007, 17:33   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Ha ha I like that willow. Haven't a clue how you have done it, but it looks great lol.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..