Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2013, 10:54   #31
JFT96

Re: is this theft ?

Agreed, however Greece is in a terrible way, with nothing to look forward to.

In crisis-ravaged Greece, ?laughter clubs? are booming

It is in Greece's interests to exit the Euro, you don't print new money, just shut the banks for 3 days, stamp all the euros your going to put in the cash machines. bankrupt the country, just as Iceland did (and is doing much better now....) , ignore your debts, start again.
it will be messy though and when, I am sure it will come, we will have a Europe wide mess on our hands, as it will signify the end of the Euro

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-03-2013, 11:11   #32
God Member

Some very humourous comments in this latest version of the Hitler rant

Hitler Bails Out Cyprus - YouTube
Eric and GEaston like this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 11:37   #33
God Member

When you prod a bear with a pointy stick, don't expect him to roll over and wait for his belly to be tickled.

Putin criticizes Cyprus' new "dangerous" savings tax | Russian Legal Information Agency (RAPSI).

Russia Sending Permanent Warship Fleet To Mediterranean: Is A Russian Naval Base In Cyprus Coming Next? | Zero Hedge
Margaret Pilkington and Eric like this.

Old 18-03-2013, 17:20   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This raid on savings could have disastrous consequences...with people all over the Eurozone taking money out of the banks, the system will collapse
I am bound to ask if the single currency is worth all the effort...and my answer would have to be NO.
If the countries which require a bailout were allowed to leave the single currency and revert back to their own monetary systems, they could devalue their currency, this would make holidays cheaper/more competitive/attractive, and would bring in tourists......work for those who have no jobs...the countries would be in charge of their own destinies and could even promote fiscal growth.....and the resentment that is felt by the people of the PIGS and Cyprus would fizzle out.

There is a lot of resentment in these countries, at having edicts foisted on them from the EU...especially while the EU mandarins are seen squander money like it is going out of fashion.
Makes you think how lucky we were keeping the £, the only think we have to do now is convince our politician in Westminster (when he's there) that the people who elected him would like to stick two fingers up to the European union and get back to reality, I won't be holding my breath
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 17:28   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Makes you think how lucky we were keeping the £, the only think we have to do now is convince our politician in Westminster (when he's there) that the people who elected him would like to stick two fingers up to the European union and get back to reality, I won't be holding my breath
Now, now Jay - Sir Ken says GJ spends every waking hour working in Parliament or his constituency - Perhaps Sir Ken will care to comment on this and tell us what the justification is
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 18-03-2013, 17:31   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Now, now Jay - Sir Ken says GJ spends every waking hour working in Parliament or his constituency - Perhaps Sir Ken will care to comment on this and tell us what the justification is
I would think, yeh got more chance of being struck by lightening.
Old 18-03-2013, 17:41   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I would think, yeh got more chance of being struck by lightening.
He only comments when he thinks he has a chance of scoring a few points, hasn't commented on my Granddaughters problems with her council tax payments
Old 18-03-2013, 18:18   #38
God Member

Quote:
Makes you think how lucky we were keeping the £,

the problem is our government past and present insists on sending them £'s to bail out these euro lot
jaysay and maxthecollie like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 20:40   #39
JFT96

Well who would have thought it.....
BBC News - Cyprus MPs reject EU-IMF bailout tax on bank depositors

Cyprus rejected the bailout, now lets see who's got the biggest ........

My feelings, well I will let this quote say it all for me:
Quote:
If you’ve been waiting your entire life to witness the pure, un-adulturated, distilled essence of FUBAR, your dreams have been answered: for behold Cyprus!

For in one fell swoop, the with their monster mash of a bailout-bail-in of Cyprus, the Eurotards have succeeded in: gutting the rule of law and due process; riding roughshod over democratic institutions; increasing the risk of a catastrophic bank run in the event any Eurozone country (e.g., Spain) is believed to need to seek assistance; and sparking a huge diplomatic row with Russia. *Well played! Well played, indeed!

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 20:54   #40
Beacon of light

Says it very well...very well indeed.
I wonder if Brussels will get the message?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 21:18   #41
God Member

Quote:
Wasn't Gordon Brown Chancellor when the land of Uk decided not to adopt the € ... you remember, don't you, it was during the 13 years of etc. etc. etc.? Of course, it was just bs luck
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 07:00   #42
Beacon of light

Yes, Eric, you are right......and I think that was, perhaps, his only laudable action.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 08:28   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Wasn't Gordon Brown Chancellor when the land of Uk decided not to adopt the € ... you remember, don't you, it was during the 13 years of etc. etc. etc.? Of course, it was just bs luck
He daren't have done anything else, or the BP would have had his guts for garters long before they did
Old 20-03-2013, 08:29   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Says it very well...very well indeed.
I wonder if Brussels will get the message?
Since when has Brussels listened to anybody Margaret
Old 21-03-2013, 09:25   #45
God Member

A bank robbery on the same lines as the Cyprus plan is being arranged in New Zealand.

National planning Cyprus-style solution - Greens | Voxy.co.nz

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..