Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2004, 23:19   #1
Always EVIL within us

Angry Is YOUR dog racist??

Reported in this Sundays News of the World!

Two Labradors are being used at Feltham Young Offenders Institution to sniff out drugs being smuggled into the jail by visitors! The prison contains a majority of 60% ethnic minority prisoners but unfortunately, the dogs, not being trained in advanced mathematics, are being accused of racism because although they have "sniffed out" many drugs carriers, the percentage of ethnic minority visitors caught is far more than 60%!!

The dogs were ordered by "those above" to: "ensure those found carrying drugs in random searches matched the ethnic make-up of the prison" ie. 40% white!!

Quote from a dog trainer: "It is hard enough to train the dogs to find drugs, without trying to make them aware of the colour of a person they are finding them on"

Second Quote from a handler,: The handler has nothing to do with who the dogs sniff out. Visitors are just lined up and they are all checked together."

Just one more example of "PC" gone mad! Do they not realise that they are fanning the flames of racial hatred? Most people, black, brown or white accept that percentages do not always reflect attitudes? Could it be that non whites are more supportive of their imprisoned off-spring so visit in greater numbers?

AND HOW CAN YOU TRAIN A DOG TO BE SELECTIVE IN THE COLOUR OF A MANS SKIN????
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-09-2004, 08:42   #2

Re: Is YOUR dog racist??

Oh dear....! The last vestige of non-PC common sense has just been flushed down the toilet!
Old 13-09-2004, 09:25   #3
Senior Member+

Well, it beggers belief, what next.
maybe if everyone stuck to the country where they originate from then we would not have all this SO called racial hatered.Just think how much money this country would save by getting shut of the pc brigade and do gooders.
I'll get off my soap box now as no doubt i will have offended some one, but there again it's what you call freedom of speech, unless we have lost that also.
Old 13-09-2004, 09:30   #4
Resident Waffler

THis may be a silly idea but isn't it just possible that if more than 60% of the people caught smuggling in drugs are non-white then maybe more than 60% of the people actually smuggling them in are non-white regardless of the percentage of black and white prisoners? If more whites were doing the smuggling then more white would be caught doing the smuggling surely? So what do they do? Let some of the ethnic minority drug smugglers go free after they've aprehended the required quota?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2004, 11:16   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
Well, it beggers belief, what next.
maybe if everyone stuck to the country where they originate from then we would not have all this SO called racial hatered.Just think how much money this country would save by getting shut of the pc brigade and do gooders.
I'll get off my soap box now as no doubt i will have offended some one, but there again it's what you call freedom of speech, unless we have lost that also.
Does that mean I can stick to England cos I originate from here?

I got to agree this is stupid. If a drug is smuggled what does it matter the race of the smuggler? This makes race hate like I said before about PC banning of some names and not others. If there are Asians smuggling drugs in jails I want them CAUGHT!
Ifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2004, 12:18   #6
Resting in peace

Anyone remember the stink there was when Paul Condon said that most street crime in London was committed by young black men?

Facts are facts. They cannot be racist, as they have no feelings. There is a higher percentage of use of some drugs, notably bhangra (grass/has) amongst those of Carribbean origin. That is because it is part of their culture. Unfortunately, it is illegal in this country. They have to take their choice - as have the rest of us. If I want to smoke illicit substances (which I gave up YEARS ago) then I take the risk of being arrested.

Mind you, my friend's dog only answers to commands in Polish ....
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..