Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2010, 17:34   #91
God Member

Re: Isn't It Time Cyclists re-claimed the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Look, we've had 6 pages of this nonsense so far. You got a problem with a cyclist on the pavement? Just do what I do - when he/she comes past, just shoulder the bastard into the road. Easy Peezy.
Unless it is in front of a car then you would be in trouble. Education is what is needed. If taught at school from an early age then that might help.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2010, 17:57   #92
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Does he send you out without checking details?

The car has to be insured, the only way to get insurance is to prove you have a licence, if you don't like what I say don't answer, obviously anything I say you will go into contradictory mode for which is shame on you not me.

I have never been asked for proof of my driving licence when applying for insurance ... just the usual questions Full/Provisional/Points, etc.

Mind you, if you are driving without licence, any claims to your insurance company will become invalid.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 18:12   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Unless it is in front of a car then you would be in trouble. Education is what is needed. If taught at school from an early age then that might help.
I do this about once a fortnight. So much so, in fact, that most of the clowns who ride on the pavement around Wapping & Shadwell (here in the East End) know my face by now and go back on to the road when they see me.

They know they have no legal comeback when they come off their bikes on the pavement and hit the cobbles. All it needs is the guts to stand up to them..the more people that are prepared to do it then the sooner this nonsense comes to an end.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 18:54   #94
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Look, we've had 6 pages of this nonsense so far. You got a problem with a cyclist on the pavement? Just do what I do - when he/she comes past, just shoulder the bastard into the road. Easy Peezy.
Problem solved
Old 31-07-2010, 19:05   #95
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I do this about once a fortnight. So much so, in fact, that most of the clowns who ride on the pavement around Wapping & Shadwell (here in the East End) know my face by now and go back on to the road when they see me.

They still have cobbles in Wapping and Shadwell ?
Old 31-07-2010, 19:34   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
They still have cobbles in Wapping and Shadwell ?
Aye..lots of em. Wapping is just like Church..sports centre, old pubs, canal, river , big printing plant..no cricket teams,but lots of cobblestones
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 20:27   #97
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Aye..lots of em. Wapping is just like Church..sports centre, old pubs, canal, river , big printing plant..no cricket teams,but lots of cobblestones
Home from home then.
Old 31-07-2010, 20:35   #98
God Member

Their council hasn't got around to digging them up and selling them off..........yet

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:55   #99
Resting in Peace

Quote:
An on the down side they both have Tealeaf at one time or another
Old 01-08-2010, 11:00   #100

I broke down in Bury yesterday, on the main road into the centre - in the bus lane side.

Well not entirely broke down - but there was steam coming from the engine compartment and we wanted to investigate why.
So rather than become an obstruction I pulled into a little used junction/entrance to a building.
Then thinking better of it pulled onto the extra wide pavement so I could work on the engine.
There was still room for a pram to get down the side.

WHile I was undoing spark plugs & my wife was handing something to me a cyclist came
up behind us and asked to get by, my wife was taken by surprise & stood back further in his way (no horn etc).

He slipped on his pedal & started swearing, aslo muttering about being parked on the pavement.

So she told him to FO DH... he should not have been cycling on the pavement in the first place
as there is a bus & cyclist lane on that road.

I told him that we were not parked - we were broken down.

There was no need for the abuse, so in some ways I can agree with Jaysay.

However I'm sure that he will now twist what I said to his own means
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:23   #101
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post

So she told him to FO DH...
Did she learn that ladylike phrase from you or did you marry above yourself?

Quote:
There was no need for the abuse, so in some ways I can agree with Jaysay.
No need for abuse? You are quite right, did you wash her mouth out with soap and water when you got her home?

Quote:
However I'm sure that he will now twist what I said to his own means
Only if you keep coming back on site, he likes the easier targets and you seem to volunteer for the job.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 14:40   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
of course cyclists should reclaim teh road and as soon as they pay insurance and roadtax to help pay for all the crap our roads are painted with to accomodate them i will be right behind them ( at 30mph so they better pedal fast)
i have 2 cars so pay 2 lots of road tax..... do i now need to have another tax for my bike?

i ride lots of off road routes around hyndburn and haven't seen many "proper cyclists" on the pavements. although i find most dog walkers ignorant ****es who think there dogs can just chase bikes because "there just playing"

pratts

see we all have our bugbears.
Old 05-08-2010, 15:52   #103
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossywarrior View Post

see we all have our bugbears.
Yes we do, mine is ignorant cyclists, yours is ignorant dog owners, both are dangerous and shouldn't get away with it.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 16:09   #104

at least we can agree on something
Old 05-08-2010, 18:37   #105
God Member

Well add teens on bicycles riding the path while on a mobile now. The little pest didnt see me on the pavement. He was to busy grunting down his phone. Why is there never a stick for the front wheel handy when you need one.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..