Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Less
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 2 Post By Less
  • 3 Post By monkey hanger

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2021, 10:50   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

It Could Be You!

But let's be honest about it,
The national lottery and it's many imitators no longer seem to advertise with the idea that you could have riches beyond your wildest dreams, now they like to give us the idea we do the wealth beyond madness schemes because we are generously helping the many charities they are associated with.

BULLLLLSHINE! If and when I put my money down it is motivated by greed I want it to be me, I want to be rich enough never to have a financial worry ever again and I want to spoil my family if at the same time some charity benefits I have to admit that is of little consequence to me. I wish these organisations wouldn't pretend we do it to be charitable, we do it for gain.

Similarly, there are adverts for Solicitors offering to help you sue the arse off the NHS for medical neglect, no longer are these unfortunate victims doing it to gain recompense for the pain they are suffering, they are doing it to prevent the same fate happening to others.
Yeah right, of course you are, so how come we never see a newspaper story of how a successful claimant gave their money to some charitable organisation designed to help their fellow sufferers of 'Medical neglect'?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2021, 11:11   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: It Could Be You!

cos all the excuses put by them are crap simple as.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-07-2021, 09:21   #3
God Member

you are too honest Less. never bought a lottery ticket in my life. most are guarenteed nothing for something when they buy one.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 10:17   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
you are too honest Less. never bought a lottery ticket in my life. most are guarenteed nothing for something when they buy one.
I would be lying if I claimed to be anything but honest (or would I?). However something for next to nothing appeals to my avaricious tendencies, I like to imagine that one day it will be me all I have to do is make sure I live for the next two or three thousand years then I might be in with a chance. Meanwhile, I won't hold my breath.
That reminds me I haven't checked Wednesdays lotto...

...well, that's another ticket that didn't work, where do I send it to get a refund on sub-standard goods?
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2021, 08:50   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

...well, that's another ticket that didn't work, where do I send it to get a refund on sub-standard goods?
just sue them. say its affected your mental health and you,ve cracked it.
Less, cashman and taddy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..