Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2011, 13:35   #16
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: It's budget time ....

It won't have a bearing on me personally until later this year when I come back to visit, then i'll feel the pinch. Having said that, someone seems keen on it though & this from a Dragon, someone who understands a bit about money & investment.

NewsNow: Loading story...
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2011, 17:47   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
thats the equivalent of kicking somone in the balls and giving them a lollipop to ease the pain

what a joke hes raised fuel astronomicaly since coming into power just so he can knock a penny off and look like a good guy

aint worked

Are you sure? I happened to skim through the sun earlier and the biggest story in the budget piece, is how nice he's being to us by knocking 1p off.

Last edited by setayas; 24-03-2011 at 17:48. Reason: Dodgy keyboard
setayas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 14:13   #18
God Member

Looks like I don't have a budget to discuss or compare. Parliament is debating, with surprising acrimony even for our Parliament, a motion of no confidence. It's not just the budget. The tories have been found in contempt of Parliament. So, instead of a budget we are to have a general election, probably May 2. This gets the PM off the hook for attending "The Wedding". There is also Hockey. The Stanley Cup Playoffs will be on. Imagine holding a British election in the middle of a World Cup in which England were playing well, with a chance of making the finals (I know that's quite a fantasy, but it could happen)
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 17:12   #19
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Looks like I don't have a budget to discuss or compare.)
We have , Eric , but I wish someone would explain the darned thing to me .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 18:17   #20
God Member

We have been thrown a sop of 1p off petrol and are expected to 'touch forelocks' in appreciation

The truth is -
...we are being screwed for as much as they they think we can tolerate without resorting to revolution.

Be good little serfs - work harder for longer - eat less - earn less - wear a wooly hat
.... it's for 'the good of the country'

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..