Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2014, 17:59   #76
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: It's not so smart to have a 'smart meter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
It won't work Less,don't believe him ....

Accyexplorer takes a moment whilst sitting on the platform of foolishness waiting for Less's train of incredible intelligence and amazing vocabulary.
By the way, still nowt original, when, oh, when, are you going to stop copying the style of other posters and actually put something you've spent time thinking about?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2014, 18:35   #77
Senior Member+

Re: It's not so smart to have a 'smart meter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Damn, time to remove the crocodile clips then.
You will be able to stop screaming then
Old 15-09-2014, 14:32   #78

Mine is being fitted in a couple of weeks, an ordinary meter with a isolation switch so I can get my consumer unit replaced at a later date.

Smart meter, smart motorways, smart my backside

IMO there are too many gadgets spitting out elecromagnetic crud for me, my steam engine doesnt do that
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 15:50   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
Mine is being fitted in a couple of weeks, an ordinary meter with a isolation switch so I can get my consumer unit replaced at a later date.

Smart meter, smart motorways, smart my backside

IMO there are too many gadgets spitting out elecromagnetic crud for me, my steam engine doesnt do that
Well rainbow, they do seem popular (even to you) and no matter how much you and others may object to them, I love em.
Old 17-09-2014, 08:01   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well rainbow, they do seem popular (even to you) and no matter how much you and others may object to them, I love em.
You are fortunate if you aren't affected/afflicted with the sensitivity. Some people have deteriorating health due to exposure to the radiation.

I attach a link to an open letter written by a doctor who recognises the health problems the radiation causes.

Please be thankful that you are unaffected, and don't scorn those who are.

http://www.mcs-aware.org/images/reso...ining%20ES.pdf

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 08:28   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
You are fortunate if you aren't affected/afflicted with the sensitivity. Some people have deteriorating health due to exposure to the radiation.

I attach a link to an open letter written by a doctor who recognises the health problems the radiation causes.

Please be thankful that you are unaffected, and don't scorn those who are.

http://www.mcs-aware.org/images/reso...ining%20ES.pdf
Oh Mag's, you can drag up anything to support either side of the discussion if you go trawling the web.
What shouldn't be allowed is peoples personal hysterical theories to be taken as proof that smart meters, Microwave ovens and many of the other modern day items that you avoid like the plague are all lethal or adverse to the overall health of humanity.
I won't suggest you start living in a cave like our ancient ancestors because you would only go to some weird and wonderful website and deliver proof that the rocks are giving off radiation and could be lethal, (all rocks give off radiation, but not ALL give off enough to stop mankind from improving on sheltering in trees).

Wow! this CAD program has shown me how to design the wheel, I'd better press delete in case it hurts someone!
Old 17-09-2014, 08:54   #82
God Member

When inventions that you describe as 'progress' cause ill health, even for a few, they are not 'progress' at all - especially when existing systems are providing an adequate service/function.

Smart meters benefit only the fuel supply companies to the detriment of the consumers who happen to be sensitive to their emissions - however few people are affected.

So you appear to support the infliction of ill health on a few in the name of 'progress' which isn't progress at all.
Accyexplorer likes this.

Old 17-09-2014, 09:38   #83

Quote:
When inventions that you describe as 'progress' cause ill health, even for a few, they are not 'progress' at all - especially when existing systems are providing an adequate service/function.

Smart meters benefit only the fuel supply companies to the detriment of the consumers who happen to be sensitive to their emissions - however few people are affected.

So you appear to support the infliction of ill health on a few in the name of 'progress' which isn't progress at all.
To post the above must mean your argument is getting weaker, weaker than any radiation emitted by a smart meter in fact.
Old 17-09-2014, 09:44   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
To post the above must mean your argument is getting weaker, weaker than any radiation emitted by a smart meter in fact.
I my post if you replace 'however' with 'no matter how' my meaning is clearer.

Old 17-09-2014, 10:01   #85

Quote:
I my post if you replace 'however' with 'no matter how' my meaning is clearer.
Your absolutely right, if only you had done that in the first place you would have converted me forever.

As it is I'll just put it down to more of your woolly headed conspiracy theorists propaganda, i.e. not gaining any logical ground (as if you could, logic rots your brain quicker than an analogue mobile phone), so attack the person with generalizations about how or what he cares about.

Weaker & weaker, becomes your wittering.

Old 17-09-2014, 10:33   #86
God Member

At one time asbestos and DDT were considered safe to use.
The people who campaigned against their use were 'conspiracy theorists' in their time.

As for searching the web for both sides of the argument, I have found a statement by a government minister advocating the virtues of asbestos - he happens to be in power in a country that produces it. Financial considerations always seem to outweigh the damage to health when considering 'progress'.

Old 17-09-2014, 10:40   #87

Quote:
At one time asbestos and DDT were considered safe to use.
The people who campaigned against their use were 'conspiracy theorists' in their time.

As for searching the web for both sides of the argument, I have found a statement by a government minister advocating the virtues of asbestos - he happens to be in power in a country that produces it. Financial considerations always seem to outweigh the damage to health when considering 'progress'.
Wow! I haven't seen 'All Our Yesterdays' for over 30 years but here we go again, using proof of one thing to back up the very weak arguments about another, Mags, you should be ashamed of yourself, even for you that was a poor quality post.
Old 17-09-2014, 11:41   #88
God Member

You consider that any post you disagree with is 'poor quality', so your post in response adds nothing to the controversy.
Accyexplorer likes this.

Old 17-09-2014, 13:13   #89

Quote:
You consider that any post you disagree with is 'poor quality', so your post in response adds nothing to the controversy.
Wrong, I consider any post of 'poor quality' to be of 'poor quality' it's not my fault that they are the only type of post you and the hole digger are capable of posting.
Old 17-09-2014, 13:15   #90
Beacon of light

Each day we encounter hazards.......some people are affected by some hazards...some are not...which goes to show that each of us is unique and individual.
How we approach hazard and risks depends on how important what we need to do, is to us(as an individual).
I am allergic to penicillin...but Less, you may not be....indeed you may proclaim it to be a wonder drug which has saved your life......but for me it would be a killer.
It is about choice...and knowing ourselves.

We all have a fair idea of our tolerances....and base our lives on these...we make a choice as to the risks we are prepared to take and those which we are not.

The smart meters will not improve my life.......they will not reduce the cost of the energy that I use......the only people who will benefit from them are the energy suppliers.
I was not put on this earth to make life sweeter for them.....so until one of these smart meters is SO damn smart that it can do the cooking, the cleaning, and go out and bring in a living wage....I will decline the offer. That is my choice.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..