Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2005, 08:43   #1
God Member

It's the look of the thing.

It is said that much of politics is concerned with image, and in an age where Members of Parliament are chosen as much by their looks as by their political affiliations and policies, what are we to make of the couple of hundredweight of potatoes swathed in red serge and sable who paraded herself through Accrington town centre last weekend?

On what is arguably the most important day of her political career to date, the sort of day that any self-respecting woman would agonise over and plan for months in advance, this is what our new Mayor looks like.

Nobody can help being plain, or as our American cousins have it "homely", and in the ordinary everyday world it does not really matter as much as some would have us believe; you really don't have to have hollywood good looks and glamour to be effective or competant. One is not really required to spend every spare waking moment in either the gym or the beauticians salon. Nor, surprisingly, is one required to expend the equivalent of of a developing country's Gross Domestic Product on a suitable wardrobe and accessories. But I really think that when one becomes the ceremonial head of a borough as proud as ours it really is incumbent on one to make at least a bit of an effort.

The photographs are courtesy Accringon Observer and Times
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mayor 1.jpg (97.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Mayor 2.jpg (101.0 KB, 35 views)
Old 30-05-2005, 13:25   #2
Senior Member+

Re: It's the look of the thing.

How much does a good haircut cost?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 14:44   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

think your being unfair A-B.i love potatoes lol
Old 30-05-2005, 17:28   #4
God Member

I too love a nice King Edward or a Jersey Royal, but I don't think HBC Blue's quite cut the mustard somehow.
Old 30-05-2005, 17:55   #5
I am Banned

you know i would be a lot kinder if she hadnt wasted all that money putting that pathetic fair on broadway just to satisfy her self indulgence at our expense

that been said

just be glad she isnt queen because royal mail would go bust due to no one been able to stomach licking a stamp

Last edited by chav1; 30-05-2005 at 18:00.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 18:56   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

not wishing to be unkind,just bet shes not elected carnival queen lol
Old 30-05-2005, 19:05   #7
God Member

Apparently, According to Councillor Anne Scaife, "...She is like Wonder Woman..."!

Sounds to me like the councillor has need of the services of an optician. In anyone else such a comment would make one wonder which side the speaker batted for.
Old 30-05-2005, 19:42   #8

I used to work with her two years back. Believe it or not she has dropped a LOT of weight - she was morbidly obese when I knew her. She has actually done something with her hair as well.
She is a really unpleasant person though. At the risk of being sued for slander I shall keep quiet, but not many people, including myself, had a lot of time for her.
Old 30-05-2005, 21:15   #9
I am Banned

Who did she have to promise NOT to sleep with to get the job?
Old 30-05-2005, 21:48   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -pixie
She is a really unpleasant person though. At the risk of being sued for slander I shall keep quiet, but not many people, including myself, had a lot of time for her.
go on then i'll risk it- overweight obnoxious slob lol
Old 30-05-2005, 23:31   #11
I am Banned

jabba da hutt will be on his way to kick your ass now for insulting his woman

yeah i know its childish but she deserves it for not making the funfair at least FREE rides
Old 30-05-2005, 23:50   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

whos jabba da hutt chav?me no understand
Old 30-05-2005, 23:54   #13
mez
God Member

well what can one say ..................... the hairdresser should be sacked i think.
Old 31-05-2005, 00:08   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
whos jabba da hutt chav?me no understand
a very earie likeness dont you think ..?

Old 31-05-2005, 01:43   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I do not know nor am I interested in knowing our latest mayor, a lot of money was wasted by a few in celebration of her gaining this position.

However I find it shameful that so many people would take these cheap shots. O.K. so she wouldn't make it as May Queen, but would you be so cruel if she was in a wheel chair for example?
I doubt it! Let's stick to calling these people for being idiots if thats the way they act, but to pick on them because of how they look? and in such a cowardly manner as this? That is not what I expect to find from fellow members of Accyweb.
Lets stick to being
Quote:
right wing Nazis racists
we do not need to go any lower than that!

Last edited by Less; 31-05-2005 at 02:40.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..