Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2015, 14:59   #1

ITV are looking to talk to people about dishonest or incompetent tradespeople

Have you been a victim of dishonest or incompetent tradespeople?

Has your property been left in a mess by dodgy contractors?

ITV are currently looking for people from the North West to take part in a new programme that aims to investigate cases for people who have suffered at the hands of useless or sneaky tradespeople such as builders, roofers, electricians etc.

If you or someone you know would like our help or more information, please contact me at [email protected] or by phone on 0161 952 0609.
ClareP is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-07-2015, 15:26   #2

Re: ITV are looking to talk to people about dishonest or incompetent tradespeople

I'm sure we've all had problems with tradespeople at one time or another. But tell me, are you also going to contribute to this website, Clare, or is this a one-off visit?
maxthecollie likes this.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 15:42   #3
Senior Member+

Re: ITV are looking to talk to people about dishonest or incompetent tradespeople

Probably just a one off
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 17:55   #4
Senior Member+

There has been a show ? on TV earlier this year following a dodgy roofer around Accrington.
It showed his face, van, phone number, name and an interview with him.
I wonder if he gets much work? Probably changed his works name by now.
Old 07-07-2015, 19:53   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I'm sure we've all had problems with tradespeople at one time or another. But tell me, are you also going to contribute to this website, Clare, or is this a one-off visit?
What does it matter, she is hoping to catch out some dodgy tradespeople that might help protect the rest of us?

It's quite obvious that no she wont be a regular contributor but hopefully some good might come of it.
Old 08-07-2015, 18:03   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
There has been a show ? on TV earlier this year following a dodgy roofer around Accrington.
It showed his face, van, phone number, name and an interview with him.
I wonder if he gets much work? Probably changed his works name by now.
Yes it was that dodgy cowboy builders show with that ex burglar presenting it
Gremlin likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 22:22   #7
God Member

if she comes back she might be well advised to visit the hyndburn chat group on facebook as well

not using this as an excuse to promote the group its a genuine suggestion for a good cause

im going to look on facebook in the selling groups theres a couple who are going around the area ripping people off using a carpet buisness .Shoddy work or taking money and legging it etc

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 08-07-2015, 22:26   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if she comes back she might be well advised to visit the hyndburn chat group on facebook as well

not using this as an excuse to promote the group its a genuine suggestion for a good cause

im going to look on facebook in the selling groups theres a couple who are going around the area ripping people off using a carpet buisness .Shoddy work or taking money and legging it etc
We don't have to wait for her to come back. There's no reason why we can't copy the details over to Hyndburn Chat.
Old 08-07-2015, 22:34   #9
God Member

good point lol

sadly because of how fast facebook moves i can no longer find peoples warnings about the dodgy carpet sellers/fitters

all i can remember is that the husband got done for driving while on a ban or something and they linked the warning to a telegraph article relating to the person doing the con work

Last edited by accyman; 08-07-2015 at 22:38.
Old 08-07-2015, 22:44   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
good point lol

sadly because of how fast facebook moves i can no longer find peoples warnings about the dodgy carpet sellers/fitters

all i can remember is that the husband got done for driving while on a ban or something and they linked the warning to a telegraph article relating to the person doing the con work
I remember the carpet seller story. I'll see if I can find it.
Old 08-07-2015, 22:57   #11

Found it! See Hyndburn Chat, "Dave Mac shared Lisa Houlgrave's photo to the group", June 22 9.27pm. The link to the Telegraph article is also there.
Old 09-07-2015, 00:30   #12
God Member

not showing up for me in hyndburn chat can you post the information here

may as well so people who only use accywebb can be aware of them as well
Michael1954 likes this.

Old 09-07-2015, 05:36   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

What about all those people selling illegal tobacco on local facebook selling groups?
Old 09-07-2015, 06:01   #14

https://m.facebook.com/groups/180568...15684178556369

I hope this link works, Accyman
Old 09-07-2015, 06:10   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What about all those people selling illegal tobacco on local facebook selling groups?
Well you've got Clare's phone number above, Neil. You might end up on telly!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..