Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2009, 07:02   #16

Re: I've been summoned

I was called last year, I wrote back and said I'll do it but not at Burnley courts & explained my reasons why.
I was let off
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-10-2009, 09:18   #17
Resting in Peace

I copied the exes of the sheet they sent, look quite good to me especially if you get a very very long case. Didn't like your choice of reading Graham bit heavy for me would no doubt have taken a James Patterson or Dean Koontz myself
Old 15-10-2009, 21:52   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I do hope you're joking here, no wonder so many crooks get away with it!

I'd love to do Jury Service, (just for the experience), but they never seem to get to the double U's, when they send these thing's out.
The advice to take a good book was good advice.

The book is not to read during a trial. As has been mentioned, you are lucky if you actually get to sit on a trial. Most of your two weeks could be spent in a room, feeling like you are in the doctor's waiting room for hours on end.

Hence the need for some sort of reading material.
Old 15-10-2009, 22:19   #19
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I was chosen last year and lost the will to live, just thinking about it again I feel the urge coming on again. There is a thread about jury service somewhere but I'm not looking for it, horrible, horrible two weeks.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 23:19   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I was chosen last year and lost the will to live, just thinking about it again I feel the urge coming on again. There is a thread about jury service somewhere but I'm not looking for it, horrible, horrible two weeks.
Ok .. I'll do it :

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ice-36267.html

Don't want you getting any post traumatic stress Bagpuss ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 09:08   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Ok .. I'll do it :

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ice-36267.html

Don't want you getting any post traumatic stress Bagpuss ...
You mean the jury service kate
Old 18-10-2009, 07:29   #22
Senior Member+

I did 4 days tues to fri and 4 days mon to thurs in court. The hours spent in the 'doctors waiting room' sapped the life out of me. The canteen is at best a primitive school canteen. İ agree with bagpuss. You lose The will to live in the end.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 09:34   #23
Senior Member+

Always fancied Jury service but never been requested as yet!! Have sat in on some well known trials in London, including the Jill Dando murder case, which was fascinating!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..