Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2008, 15:00   #1
Resting in Peace

I've Heard It All Now

There's me sat at my computer just before lunch when there's a knock at the door, my daughter went to see who it was and when she came in she had a big smile on her face, "its the paper lad, wishing you a Merry Christmas and wanting a tip I just said tell him to come back in three weeks I ain't let all mi fireworks off yet Just what is going on these days
Old 22-11-2008, 15:14   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: I've Heard It All Now

I think Scrooge was visited by the paper delivery boy towards the end of November, prior to the visits of the ghosts, nearer to Christmas itself.

Be prepared.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 15:21   #3
Senior Member+

Did he actually ask for a tip?

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 15:31   #4
Give, give, give member

If people cheekily ask for a tip, after giving a not particularly good service, I always tell them never to carry a brown bag whilst wearing black shoes.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 17:38   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There's me sat at my computer just before lunch when there's a knock at the door, my daughter went to see who it was and when she came in she had a big smile on her face, "its the paper lad, wishing you a Merry Christmas and wanting a tip I just said tell him to come back in three weeks I ain't let all mi fireworks off yet Just what is going on these days
Apart from the fact that he is a tad on the early side, I don't see a problem ... maybe he should wait until the Christmas spirit moves you, or at least gets you a little wobbly
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 17:46   #6
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Maybe hes quitting so he's gonna get his tips while he can
I remember when my brother used to get tips during his paper round years ago, he didnt need to ask then they just gave it
Old 23-11-2008, 00:55   #7
Senior Member+

the best tip is never to eat yellow snow...thats the one tip I have always remembered..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 09:24   #8
God Member

The one's that used to get me were the ones who delivered the free newspapers and then came round for tips. I never wanted the junk so why should I tip anyone for delivering it
Old 23-11-2008, 09:53   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskitty View Post
Did he actually ask for a tip?
Yes he did MK, the thing is he's not a bad paper lad really and would have given him a descent tip anyway, I always do, you need to when you rely on other people like I have to. I also agree with dave about the free paper as well, it wouldn't' have been so bad but thy use to just put 4 copies on the stairs in my block and get your own, that was until about three weeks before Xmas then they mysteriously started dropping on the mat behind the door, wonder why
Old 23-11-2008, 15:14   #10
God Member

Maybe the lad was hoping to buy christmas presents for his family with his tips.
Old 23-11-2008, 15:27   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Maybe the lad was hoping to buy christmas presents for his family with his tips.

What sort of male upbringing has he had ? You don't do your Christmas shopping until Dec 24th if you're a proper man
Old 23-11-2008, 15:48   #12
Senior Member+

maybe he wanted to get his tip before his boss made him start putting tips in the pot. ine used to do that and i hated it cos i got back less than i put in.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 10:44   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Oh forgot to say the lad is of pakistani descent
Old 25-11-2008, 10:56   #14

I'm sorry call me a scrooge or whatever, but I think thats downright cheeky. Surely the whole idea of a tip is because you provide a good service. To ask for it is just wrong in my eyes.
MissTechnophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 16:25   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTechnophobe View Post
I'm sorry call me a scrooge or whatever, but I think thats downright cheeky. Surely the whole idea of a tip is because you provide a good service. To ask for it is just wrong in my eyes.
Its not so much the lad coming round for a tip, because he ain't a bad paperlad and I do give tips at Christmas, but coming on the 22nd November was a little much really

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..