Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2008, 11:33   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: ive just got my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzypostie View Post
Well Personally I Have Never Worked Past 2 O Clock And Wouldnt Dream Of Being Out On My Round At That Time!!!!
Are you the postie that goes up Rhyddings Street and always wears shorts?
Old 15-09-2008, 11:34   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
should we be worried that you noticed?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 12:57   #18

Our postman only brings me bills so he can be as late has he wants
vicky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 13:23   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky1 View Post
Our postman only brings me bills so he can be as late has he wants
Mine is regular around 10.30 a.m., but know what you mean Vicky, wish I hadn't got mine today either ... letter from Income Tax, they are grabbing 50% off my very small private pension and bill from E-on showing new increase ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 14:38   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Mine is regular around 10.30 a.m., but know what you mean Vicky, wish I hadn't got mine today either ... letter from Income Tax, they are grabbing 50% off my very small private pension and bill from E-on showing new increase ...
I pay over £500 a year in Income Tax- they treat Retirement Pension as a big chunk of your tax free personal allowance so that they can take a bigger slice from your 'company pension'.

I got a bill too - VAT@17% + 'shipping admin fee' on the vitamins I get from California - (needed due to failures in NHS)
....don't tell me to go to H & B - they dont sell them - the only source I found in UK was in Manchester and they charged 60% more!

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 15:58   #21
God Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
should we be worried that you noticed?
Ha! Emamum, if you'd seen him you'd see that Neil and everyone else can't fail to notice him!

I know the postie Neil is referring to. He's a big fella, tall and well built. He has long hair and a beard. He wears shorts summer and winter.....don't know why.

I don't think it's ozzpostie on here. I'm sure he's mentioned that he's married....this fella isn't.
Old 15-09-2008, 16:02   #22
God Member

My postie often wears shorts too - is very thin and has short fair hair.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 18:31   #23

no i deliver in clayton the big guy with the beard is phil hes engaged i think.
ozzypostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 22:41   #24
God Member

How daft is this? As I was going out yesterday afternoon after all that rain I found a box of energy saving light bulbs left on the doorstep. If the postman knocked I didn't hear him so why not just post a card for me to collect the parcel??
Old 02-10-2008, 09:09   #25
Resting in Peace

Tuesday this week I got my post at 2-45 pm, thats the latest I've ever recieved my mail
Old 02-10-2008, 11:40   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
How daft is this? As I was going out yesterday afternoon after all that rain I found a box of energy saving light bulbs left on the doorstep. If the postman knocked I didn't hear him so why not just post a card for me to collect the parcel??
He probably didn't want to carry them back to the Post Office and was saving you the walk Knowing full well that they would not be stolen as everyone has a glut of them.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 20:41   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
This happened to me and I asked the postman about it....apparently they started off knocking on doors and leaving cards if there was no answer when delivering these bulbs.

However, there were many complaints about this as people hadn't ordered them and were annoyed at having to trek to the office so they started just leaving them on doorsteps.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:42   #28
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

So it is now up to the postman to decide if you actually want to receive your mail safely or not. I wonder else they leave on the doorstep to be nicked?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:52   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
So it is now up to the postman to decide if you actually want to receive your mail safely or not. I wonder else they leave on the doorstep to be nicked?
I don't know about posties Neil butpeopl who deliver for mail order never knock on your door when they deliver new catalogues, they just leave them on our doorstep, which is daft to me seeing they must cost a few quid to produce
Old 03-10-2008, 10:00   #30

nearly everyone in the country got these free lightbulbs of which we were told by management to leave on the doorsteps. so dont blame the postie we were doing our jobs as we were directed to by the bosses.
when we left cards before we got inundated with thousands of the bloody things the amount of complaints that people had about comming down town to pick them up was one of the main reasons why this happened.
ozzypostie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..