Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Burningman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2015, 23:12   #1

Jack Grime RIP

Very sad to hear of the passing of Jack Grime.

Few have worked so hard and for as long as Jack did for the people of Church and Hyndburn. He was a close family friend when my father, Bernard Johnstone, had the pleasure to serve with him on Church Urban District Council. I can't picture him without a smile and in an impossibly brisk walk as he dashed from meeting to meeting.

Much love to his family.
Burningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2015, 20:03   #2

Re: Jack Grime RIP

I gave Jack many a lift home after Council meetings. He was definitely one of the old school.

In the old George Slynn days when Labour had virtually all the seats on the Council, I remember one budget meeting where the Conservatives refused to put forward a budget. Dear old Yvonne Stars, the only Liberal Democrat, wanted to put forward an alternative budget, but being the only LibDem councillor, didn't have a seconder.

I remember Jack standing up in Council and seconding her budget, saying it deserved to be heard. That was his way. Fair play for all.

He was roundly condemned by his Labour colleagues (including, if I'm not mistaken, the current MP) and was nearly deselected.

RIP Jack.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..