Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2008, 08:30   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

jade told she has cancer

Jade Goody Diagnosed With Cancer: Big Brother Star Told During Indian Version Of Show, Bigg Boss | Showbiz News | Sky News

Reality TV star Jade Goody has cancer - and she found out in the Diary Room on the Indian version of Big Brother.

Last edited by Mick; 19-08-2008 at 08:32.
panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2008, 10:10   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: jade told she has cancer

I know she's a bit of an aire head but I don't like to hear of anybody with serious health problems, hope she beats it especially for the sack of her kids
Old 19-08-2008, 10:38   #3
God Member

How awful would that be!!
And why on earth was she told in the diary room,
instead of being pulled off the air and told in private!

Poor Girl
Old 19-08-2008, 10:53   #4
Senior Member+

I'm glad the conversation wasnt filmed, but they could have told her when she left instead of letting her go back into the house and having to deal with the other housemates.

I dont like the girl but she certainly doesnt deserve this. Hope she gets better for the sake of her children.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 11:01   #5
God Member

I had a positive smear test at age 32.
It is quite devastating when you get that news, so even though I don't admire her as a person, I am sorry that she is having to endure this.

If you are destined to get cancer, the reproductive system is the place where it is least likely to be life threatening (when caught early by smear test).
The womb with its cervix can be removed without affecting general health, and because ovaries stay intact, hormones and libido are still active.

The only difference the surgery made to my life in the 33 years since, has been-
freedom from contraception and menstruation - every cloud has its silver lining

Last edited by MargaretR; 19-08-2008 at 11:04.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 15:09   #6
God Member

I'm not a fan of Jade Goody as she has made a living out of being thick.

However I was genuinely sorry to hear this news and hope she makes a full recovery.
Old 19-08-2008, 15:12   #7
God Member

my nan died from cervical cancer, i hope Jade gets through this alright
Old 19-08-2008, 17:59   #8
God Member

Never heard of the woman, so I don't give a ****.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 18:00   #9
God Member

Well I dont personally like the lass , but I would never wish this on her, How awful ..
Ive had a cancer scare myself and being told in the privacy of a docs surgery was hard enough to take in but to be told in a diary room.
Im sorry but this is just wrong and whose decision was it to make it public if she was sent back into the house. something just isnt right here.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 18:06   #10
God Member

When I first read the title of this thread, my immeadiate thought was that it concerned someone's pet dog or budgie, which is increasingly typical of the threads we have on here now.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 19:02   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Never heard of the woman, so I don't give a ****.
Nice.....
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 19:53   #12
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
When I first read the title of this thread, my immeadiate thought was that it concerned someone's pet dog or budgie, which is increasingly typical of the threads we have on here now.
Well......the answer is in your own hands.
Post something interesting instead of shooting down other people.

And the other thing is...if you don't like what you read, then no-one forces you to participate.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 19:58   #13
Senior Member+

tealeaf...... did your mu7m never tell you, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.....the woman has cancer, regardless whether you know her or not its a serious illness that no one deserves to get and i wouldnt wish it on my worse enemy!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 20:01   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I'm not a fan of Jade Goody as she has made a living out of being thick.

However I was genuinely sorry to hear this news and hope she makes a full recovery.
the worlds full of people who have made their living like that!!!
den the menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 21:00   #15
God Member

I've had bad smear tests in the past and being told that you have cancerous cells is the most awful thing in the world. Fortunately, it was caught at stage 1 so easily treated and have been clear for five years now and just had a clear test a few weeks ago so no worries at the moment.

But, regardless of whether she's a nice person or not, or a bit thick, no one ever DESERVES to get cancer!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..