Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should returning Jihadists be banned completely from Britain.
No they should never be allowed back. 24 88.89%
Allowed back if they promise to be good citizens after 2 years. 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2014, 22:15   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Jihadist returning from Syria.

Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2014, 22:17   #17

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Unfortunately Gordon, the majority of comments in this thread are going to be by the ukip brigade and that reasoning is no better than the disillusioned youth that are going to fight imo.
Sweeping statement from someone who usually plagiarises the words of others whilst claiming them as their own..

Sweeping statement from someone who decries the reasoning of others on this forum, whilst giving no logical argument or statement of his own personal belief to counter the original post.

You are NOT in the least bit amusing, you are NOT the voice of reason, you are NOT the voice of political correctness, you are NOT even a troll...you are simply one of those idiots who trawls the internet forums looking for somewhere that you can pretend to be educated and thoughtful...and..

You are failing miserably...

Quote:
I think 2years is 23months too long give them a couple of weeks on the naughty step
Sweeping statement from someone who places his trademark inane emoticon at the end of an incendiary post so that he can backtrack and claim it as a joke.

I'd love to see you in a pub with a relative of a beheaded victim pontificating about sitting a supporter of the culprit on the naughty step for a month.
Old 14-11-2014, 22:52   #18
Senior Member+

There's quite a few presumptions in your erroneous analyse G

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Old 14-11-2014, 23:05   #19

Quote:
There's quite a few presumptions in your erroneous analyse G
Actually they are observations..made over many months...

Then again I'm open to you showing me how you don't steal other peoples work, pointing me to a post you've made using your own words about evidencing your beliefs or a post where someone actually laughed at your emote.

And, grammar police alert, the plural is 'analyses'..if you are going to try to be clever....get it right!
Less and Margaret Pilkington like this.
Old 14-11-2014, 23:12   #20
Senior Member+

They may be "observations" but they are erroneous none the less,I could show you how your incorrect but I won't bother,I'll just let you (and others) make their assumptions.....

...Congrats on being a member of the pedant police

password--Accyweb
Old 14-11-2014, 23:21   #21

Nonetheless is a single word by the way....and there are no assumptions necessary when the evidence is plain to see for everyone..

..right down to your last two replies which both contained the trademark inane emoticon

Keep digging
Less and Margaret Pilkington like this.
Old 15-11-2014, 09:16   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
,I could show you how your incorrect but I won't bother....

...Congrats on being a member of the pedant police
you're
Accyexplorer likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 11:00   #23
Beacon of light

Quote:
I could show you how your incorrect but I won't bother,I'll just let you (and others) make their assumptions.....
why won't you bother to show us that we have you pegged wrongly Jason?
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by showing us that we are wrong.....and I for one would like the opportunity to see why we are wrong and apologise for my wrongly held assumptions.

I have absolutely no problem at all in accepting that not everyone will have the same opinions that I have......I respect the right for you to hold other opinions to those that I cherish......it is what makes this country so tolerant and accepting of others.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 11:02   #24
Senior Member+

Winters kicking in,Is there any chance I could bask in the glow of one our superior members self righteousness?
For the record,(I believe) its the west (mostly the U.S. and it's lapdog known Britain) who are the real terrorists and a threat to the rest of world [insert "trademark emoticon"].

password--Accyweb
Old 15-11-2014, 11:13   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
why won't you bother to show us that we have you pegged wrongly Jason?
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by showing us that we are wrong.
I have nothing to lose or gain by proving anything M, I'm a member on other forums as well as Accyweb and sometimes I copy and paste my comments from each forum especially when discussing the same topics but that's here nor there.
I admit, I have stole other folks comments (it's easier sometimes due to me struggling to type on this ruddy phone).

password--Accyweb
Old 15-11-2014, 11:16   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Winters kicking in,Is there any chance I could bask in the glow of one our superior members self righteousness?
For the record,(I believe) its the west (mostly the U.S. and it's lapdog known Britain) who are the real terrorists and a threat to the rest of world [insert "trademark emoticon"].
No, but you can freeze in the winter of all your superior members discontent.

As for your second paragraph - you'd get in the Guinness Book of Records for talking bull.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 11:23   #27
Beacon of light

so you believe that we the members of Accyweb are self righteous....and that we are to blame for the barbaric IS regime....that we are to blame for the sh1t pit that is the political scene in the middle east do you?
That we are the terrorists? Try telling that to Allan Hennings wife.....a lowly taxi driver who was out in Syria delivering humanitarian aid...along with Muslim colleagues(also taxi drivers).
Try telling that to the people these men have committed genocide against...Oh you can't because they were murdered for holding firm another faith.

I don't know if you remember that many people were against going to war in the middle East...there were demonstrations against it in London (and other large cities) but Tony Blair wanted to go down in the history books...and so for his hubristic ideals...and perhaps to curry favour with the US that is what happened......I do not recall one member of Accyweb being involved in this decision.....in fact I think at the time, many of us felt that this was going to open a can of worms.
Old 15-11-2014, 11:27   #28
Beacon of light

Quote:
I have nothing to lose or gain by proving anything M, I'm a member on other forums as well as Accyweb and sometimes I copy and paste my comments from each forum especially when discussing the same topics but that's here nor there.
I admit, I have stole other folks comments (it's easier sometimes due to me struggling to type on this ruddy phone).
I think you are wrong Jason...you can gain reputation...or change reputation.
If you do use something from another site then it is courteous to attribute it to where ever the quote was taken from......even if you use your own comments made on another site, it is good to say that that is what you have done.
It is an honest way to post.
Old 15-11-2014, 11:42   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
so you believe that we the members of Accyweb are self righteous....and that we are to blame for the barbaric IS regime....that we are to blame for the sh1t pit that is the political scene in the middle east do you?
That we are the terrorists? Try telling that to Allan Hennings wife.....a lowly taxi driver who was out in Syria delivering humanitarian aid...along with Muslim colleagues(also taxi drivers).
Try telling that to the people these men have committed genocide against...Oh you can't because they were murdered for holding firm another faith.

I don't know if you remember that many people were against going to war in the middle East...there were demonstrations against it in London (and other large cities) but Tony Blair wanted to go down in the history books...and so for his hubristic ideals...and perhaps to curry favour with the US that is what happened......I do not recall one member of Accyweb being involved in this decision.....in fact I think at the time, many of us felt that this was going to open a can of worms.
Do I think we are to blame for the "sh1t pit"? Partly to blame,yes.
Do I think we fall under the definition of a terrorist? Yes.
Ive said it before and I'll say it again "I don't have all the answers" but I can see things from the other side a concept that 'some' members find hard.

Quote:
I think you are wrong Jason...you can gain reputation...or change reputation.
If you do use something from another site then it is courteous to attribute it to where ever the quote was taken from......even if you use your own comments made on another site, it is good to say that that is what you have done.
It is an honest way to post.
I know what your saying M,but I (sadly) enjoy folk making judgments about who I am and what I'm about.
I may well be a "troll" but I think we all have the potential to be a troll to some degree,it's just a matter of prospective.i'll bare your comment in mind for any future comments I may post

password--Accyweb
Old 15-11-2014, 11:54   #30
I am Banned

Quote:
Because I do not. I don't want to hang them.....I just don't want them to be able to come back and take the freedom that they enjoyed in this country, for granted.
I do not want them to be able to access health care at no cost...I do not want them to be able to access benefits....and I do not care if they have paid into them. The moment they signed up with a foreign force is the moment when they signed away all of those rights.
We, in this country, are just too soft....too tolerant...too forgiving.
It ain't gonna happen Margaret, there will be legal challenge on legal challenge going on for months.
Remember the problems we had deporting al Mahsri and Quatada?
The courts will be clogged up and the fat cat lawyers will get fatter.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..